Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Excuse makers.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Deer Excuse makers.....

Mar 10, 2016, 8:41 AM

Who is ultimately responsible for HIS teams performance?

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Deer Excuse makers.....

Mar 10, 2016, 8:42 AM

I would say it has moved from BB to DRad. He has to make the change!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty obvious that Blossomgame is to blame***

Mar 10, 2016, 8:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It's pretty obvious that Blossomgame is to blame***

Mar 10, 2016, 8:44 AM

Dang ball hog!

Hmmm ... I thought it was George Bush .... or,

Mar 10, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to It's pretty obvious that Blossomgame is to blame*** ]

John Swofford.

I am SO confused.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 10, 2016, 8:45 AM

Before the season started I think we were all aware of the talent level we had at Clemson, the reason why game attendance was low and almost non existent from the student body playing in another town and the fact that facility upgrades were needed for recruititing ect. What changed in our expectations from then to now where we expected this team to win it all?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2016, 8:48 AM

What does anything you said have to do with my question?

I'll play though...so in YEAR 6 under brownell you were ok with people expecting us to finish at the bottom of the ACC AGAIN??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Mar 10, 2016, 8:52 AM

I will answer it, we are to blame. We are to blame at Clemson for taking this long to upgrade our BB facilities to the point where talent will want to come play for us. That's the unbuttered truth and once we have that in place then and only then could we attract a coach that can take us to the next level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2016, 8:57 AM

LOL, there are plenty of schools that are able to succeed without prime facilities. We also were less than 10 years out from a reno when brownell became coach...

But let's blame everyone/everything except for the person that is ultimately responsible for his teams on court performance....

Mar 10, 2016, 9:16 AM

Name a few in the ACC?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 10, 2016, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Excuse makers..... ]

"We also were less than 10 years out from a reno when brownell became coach"

You mean the massive waste of money that was 1/3rd a roof referb?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 10, 2016, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Excuse makers..... ]

you are so correct about where the blame belongs. After all, BB is the one who stayed with a man to man D while we were getting manhandled instead of going to a zone. Sorry folks but that isn't the players fault it is the fault of a coach who simply is over his head by a wide margin.

The reason our expectations were low was

Mar 10, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Excuse makers..... ]

directly the fault of Brownell. So the question is, do we want to open the new gym with the same bottom feeder expectations, or capitalize on an opportunity to open the gym with new life and new potential?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mar 10, 2016, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Excuse makers..... ]

If this team had not tantalized the fan base with a few good wins and then destroyed the same fans with horrific loses then maybe the fans expectations wouldn't have been peaked. Some of you don't think Brownell is to blame for ANYTHING. He loses players to transfers, not his fault, can't compete in the ACC, not his fault because of poor support, poor facilities, etc., etc., etc. There is more than enough blame to be shared by all concerned yet somehow our coach isn't to blame for anything, what?! This constant misplaced devotion to a coach goes way beyond ludicrous it's reached the point of psychopathic. This guy is poison and needs to get the boot, TODAY!

Mar 10, 2016, 9:04 AM

I think we at Clemson would be all encompassing from the AD to Brownells the players to the Iptay doners. No I am not including fan base of non contributing whiners because they don't count. Iptay just hasn't ever really had BasketBall at the top of any list, maybe it's time for that to change.

Mar 10, 2016, 9:06 AM

I bet you #feelthebern don't you?

The talent on this team is better than our record suggests.

Mar 10, 2016, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Excuse makers..... ]

But, our confidence is like a bell curve under Brownell. We start slow, build confidence and wins, then peter out down the stretch as our confidence crumbles.

Re: The talent on this team is better than our record suggests.

Mar 10, 2016, 9:09 AM

I agree it reminds me of the Tommy Bowden years, facilities got the upgrades, program improved although nothing consistent and then the new hire or the fire and got extremely lucky with the interim. I just don't think we could attract a top coach right now and we aren't going to spend the cash on it if we could at current donor levels. Most of the money is coming in because of the football program.

Mar 10, 2016, 9:29 AM

Here is my take. Last night's game only. We had an 18 point lead and blew it. I have watched Clemson basketball since 1962 - my freshman year. I can not remember a worse collapse. Who is at fault? Well the refs took over the game. The last 7 minutes reminded me of Clemson playing at Chapel Hill in the days of Lenny Wertz and co. However, the team went into total panic. The guards would stand out and dribble trying to run clock and then try a desperation shot. They totally forgot team basketball. Did the coach have some responsibility? Yea he should have benched Roper or Homes some of the shots Homes took were terrible. No use to talk about recuiting, we should have won with what we had.Now in Brownell's defense (sorta) I have coached Basketball. Nowhere near this level, in fact it was HS Girl's rec. league. Now in 8 years I won 80% of my games and in a lot of them I didn't always have the best talent. But there were times no matter who I had on the court, they would lose their minds. Happened to my most talented team in league championship game. We had beaten this team in regular season twice by 20+ points. Then my girls could do nothing and lost by 12. Sometimes players have to listen and exicute. Didn't happen last night.

Mar 10, 2016, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: The talent on this team is better than our record suggests. ]

agree. What top coach do you think would come to Clemson -maybe one at end of his career? We don't need that. Better to try to find us a Dabo.

KJ Mcdaniels?**

Mar 10, 2016, 8:52 AM

nm

Mar 10, 2016, 9:56 AM

I blame the Clemson classes of 2019 and 2020. These kids keep applying in record numbers despite the fact that the basketball product is clearly not up to the Clemson standard, it really sends the wrong message to the University.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic