Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Dabo and Brent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Deer Dabo and Brent

Nov 28, 2012, 9:40 AM

I believe its time you guys look hard at your defensive staff. Brooks and Harbison may need to be shown the door. We need new blood to be develop these young men. I feel the talent is there but we're not doing a good job coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Dabo and Brent

Nov 28, 2012, 9:45 AM

Seems to me, for being on the field for 40 minutes, the D did a pretty good job. My biggest complaint is giving it up on 3rd and 19. That drive should have been over except for a BS PI call, though. That kind of thing takes a lot of wind out of a D's sails.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nov 28, 2012, 9:49 AM

I'm not fussing just over the SCAR game. The d played way too soft all year.

Nov 28, 2012, 9:52 AM

Can't disagree with that. I do think it's a combination of (lack of) talent and experience. Looked like the D improved through the course of the season. I think we'll be better next year and for the foreseeable future. Got some good talent coming in with the possibility of adding a few more studs on that side of the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brooks???

Nov 28, 2012, 9:50 AM

He had a two deep of Fr,rFr, and Soph. our best DT would be the #5 guy in the rotation at other schools. Can't blame him for the poor recruiting before his arrival. I think he did a heck of a job getting those young guys on the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Brooks???

Nov 28, 2012, 9:52 AM

respectfully disagree. He needs to go/retire.

Re: Brooks???

Nov 28, 2012, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Brooks??? ]

You're entitled to your opinion although it is crazy. Our team is heading in the right direction and these 2 guys recruit their ### off and are really good coaches. Quit doing or smoking whatever you are doing....by the way, it's DEAR...

Agreed.

Nov 29, 2012, 1:49 AM

They are proven position coaches who have recruited well and aren't looking to do nothing past coaching their position in whatever system they are under. Especially Brooks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, I see it just the reverse

Nov 28, 2012, 9:53 AM

I see the defense increasing playing better and maybe nearly to the level of their skill which isn't that high.

On the flip side, the offense goes flat footed waaaaay too easily and more often than the D plays BELOW its skill.

Fix THAT first.

Can't look at 1 year

Nov 28, 2012, 9:56 AM

In the last few years Brooks has sent Bowers, Branch, Jenkins, Thompson and others to the NFL. If you look how he coached up guys who had never been on the field before from beginning to end of the season, I think he was the best position coach this year.

Harbison has also sent Sensebaugh, Maxwell, Gilchrist, McDaniel and others out in the last couple year. Jenkins sat out this year (would have started) and Hall hasn't been the same since being hurt. Also missing Robinson and Breeland for a few games during the year. Not exactly a good situation for any coach trying to sure up the secondary.

Pssssssst.

Nov 28, 2012, 9:59 AM

You're being too fair.

hth

Nov 28, 2012, 10:06 AM

WOW!

Nov 28, 2012, 12:15 PM

I hear that Ellis Johnson has some free time now.

u must have some x ray vision to see talent on that D***

Nov 28, 2012, 10:58 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic