Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Decoupling from China?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 242

Decoupling from China?

Sep 11, 2020, 2:17 PM

Nothing to see here, move on.

"Some are pushed into forced labor factories where it is alleged that they produce goods for well-known companies such as Apple, Nike, Sony, BMW, and Volkswagen. Why does a shoe factory need watchtowers filled with police watching a barbed-wire perimeter?

The imprisonments continue to this day. Grieving families have no idea where their loved ones are, or if they are even alive.

Last Friday a group of Uighurs brought their message to the steps of the State Department in D.C., calling for action from the United States and the rest of the world. They seek an end to the horrific treatment of their people in China and freedom from the repressive Chinese government..."

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/11/see-the-faces-china-is-erasing-by-persecuting-millions-of-uighurs/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

speaking of...

Sep 11, 2020, 2:18 PM

my new MacBook Pro came in yesterday...and the reason I guess it took so long is it came directly from Shanghai.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: speaking of...

Sep 11, 2020, 5:42 PM

So did my sandblast cabinet, my HPLV paint guns, my mig welder, my soldering station, grinder, dual action sander/buffer and all of the new tools I've bought in the last few years.

China is dominating the world and what scares me most is their production standards have rivaled nearly everyone else on the globe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever it takes to keep those jobs away and goods cheap

Sep 11, 2020, 2:39 PM

Part of our cheap debt anti-inflation longball game plan. If we don't use China's slave labor we'll use some other dirt cheap third world labor. Heck, China's moving into Africa to make their stuff and our stuff even cheaper. Chinese company makes shoes in Rwanda to sell to Americans. That's where we were heading.

We make stuff here and the wheels come off. Taking everything China makes and producing it domestically will break us. Nope. If not China it will be someone else. Used to be Malaysia, then Taiwan. Then Japan. Then Mexico and Central America. Then China.

Someone will step up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Decoupling from China?

Sep 11, 2020, 5:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 242
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic