Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Death Valley ranked No. 1 stadium in CFB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: Death Valley ranked No. 1 stadium in CFB

Jan 22, 2018, 11:18 AM

Death Valley ranked No. 1 stadium in CFB

The top places to watch a sporting event is one of those hot button topics that fans love to discuss. Stadiumjourney.com tirelessly visited more than 2,600 stad Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an Honor for Clemson

Jan 22, 2018, 11:36 AM

Number 10 in all stadiums in North America and #1 in college football. No doubt this ranking is disputed by many larger and storied college programs, but we're on top for this ranking. Eat your heart out coots at #40.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Death Valley ranked No. 1 stadium in CFB ...

Jan 22, 2018, 11:43 AM

... but the rest of the top 100 "places to watch a sporting event" are all in North America, so there certainly is a bias there.

I find it laughable that Williams-Brice has a higher rating than the stadiums of Manchester United, Chelsea, and Liverpool -- and Atlanta United is not listed even in the top 10 of MLS ... I stopped looking there. :D

GO TIGERS!!!

Atlanta United? Is that some sort of

Jan 22, 2018, 2:53 PM

women's field hockey team or something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Is this real?***

Jan 22, 2018, 4:53 PM [ in reply to I agree with Death Valley ranked No. 1 stadium in CFB ... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Here is a more accurate description of WB.

Jan 22, 2018, 5:22 PM [ in reply to I agree with Death Valley ranked No. 1 stadium in CFB ... ]

40. Williams-Brice Stadium (aka, The Dead Cockroach), South Carolina Gamecoots

Over the years, the Gamecoots football experience has devolved from some lame on-field traditions to college football’s number one laughing stock. A non-existent winning tradition, a lack of athletics leadership and more wasted money in the program has seen upgrades on everything from doo-doo ice to paved parking lots. Start the day with a tailgate — and oh, end the day throwing up on your buddies to being arrested for fighting and indecent exposure. Gamecoots fans surround the stadium for miles in every direction like a plague of redneck zombies, drinking, fighting and being complete a-holes. Tailgate sites vary from industrial wasteland lots to the upscale greenery of dumpsters where the team struts through on their way to the game to take their weekly beating.

Re: Here is a more accurate description of WB.

Jan 22, 2018, 5:58 PM

From a 2nd gen Tiger, I'd say your comment is a bit strong. It's not accurate in most ways and certainly exaggerated since I've been there at some of their home games. Point is, you can dislike the Gamecocks without making your post shocking and therefore.....wrong. For what it's worth. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is a more accurate description of WB.

Jan 23, 2018, 11:32 AM

It's called satire. Lighten up.

Re: TNET: Death Valley ranked No. 1 stadium in CFB

Jan 22, 2018, 12:10 PM

Some of the more familiar names in the NFL include William “Refrigerator” Perry, Dwight Clark, Charlie Waters, C.J. Spiller, Sammy Watkins and the 2016 Heisman Trophy winner DeShaun Watson. Even they think Deshaun should have won!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the Number 1 reason I've always loved Clemson...

Jan 22, 2018, 12:11 PM

the people that fill it.

Even hartins®.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the Number 1 reason I've always loved Clemson...

Jan 22, 2018, 1:31 PM

I agree. I went to the Clemson-Syracuse game in 2014. The only folks who were sightly obnoxious were several Orange fans sitting a few rows behind me. They were not terrible, but probably seemed pesty because the Tiger fans were so well behaved.

Clemson's not immune, but as a whole I've seen few match.

Jan 22, 2018, 1:45 PM

I grew up a Tiger, the people always brought me back - some of the finest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although that sounds like a back-handed

Jan 22, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to And the Number 1 reason I've always loved Clemson... ]

compliment, I'll thank you, anyway! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, nothing back-handed about it, you charged the net...

Jan 22, 2018, 9:08 PM

I ripped a forehand down the line and caught nothing, but tape - WINNER!.

HARTINS, you ole dog!

Happy Monday night.

Awesome recognition!***

Jan 22, 2018, 12:22 PM

Re: Death Valley capacity

Jan 22, 2018, 12:44 PM

Pretty sure FSU Doak Campbell holds more that Death Valley...the write up on Clemson says we're the largest in the ACC at 81,500

Jan 22, 2018, 12:47 PM

Maybe not! FSU website says 79,560...how bout that.

Jan 22, 2018, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Valley capacity ]

Maybe not! FSU website says 79,560...how bout that.

They underwent a renovation in 2016 to add club seats

Jan 22, 2018, 10:02 PM

and I think that must have taken out a couple thousand seats dropping overall capacity some. You were correct in that it used to be the ACC’s largest around 82,000.

Are you sure after they started limiting the Hill?***

Jan 22, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Valley capacity ]

Jan 22, 2018, 12:48 PM

:) ;)

When Stadiumjourney visited DV it was probably out of...

Jan 22, 2018, 12:58 PM

Dippin’ Dots that day and thus the 3 out of 5 Star rating.

Shoulda been in the top 5, D-Rad. MAKE IT RIGHT!!!

~JKB

Cool, but should be #1 overall.***

Jan 22, 2018, 1:33 PM

Need more Dippin Dots***

Jan 22, 2018, 1:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 3:23 PM

Thanks for the math on the difference between Memorial Stadium and Tiger Stadium's ranking .
I already had my left hand's fingers splayed when I read across it and was able to get back to normal ... the way things were before the subtractioning .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 22, 2018, 4:17 PM

And water is wet....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 6:14 PM

Got to work on improving the Food and Beverage.

I replaced the coots stadium description for accuracy:

Jan 22, 2018, 5:14 PM

40. Williams-Brice Stadium (aka, The Dead Cockroach), South Carolina Gamecoots

Over the years, the Gamecoots football experience has devolved from some lame on-field traditions to college football’s number one laughing stock. A non-existent winning tradition, a lack of athletics leadership and more wasted money in the program has seen upgrades on everything from doo-doo ice to paved parking lots. Start the day with a tailgate — and oh, end the day throwing up on your buddies to being arrested for fighting and indecent exposure. Gamecoots fans surround the stadium for miles in every direction like a plague of redneck zombies, drinking, fighting and being complete a-holes. Tailgate sites vary from industrial wasteland lots to the upscale greenery of dumpsters where the team struts through on their way to the game to take their weekly beating.

I thought it funny, neither Mich Big House or OSU Horseshoe

Jan 22, 2018, 7:41 PM

made the top 100! Pretty suspect that Williams-Brice ranked as 10th best stadium in college football?

Stop running out of pepperoni pizza before halftime...

Jan 22, 2018, 9:46 PM

And that food score goes up a bit.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic