Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Death Valley Atmosphere Wish List 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Death Valley Atmosphere Wish List 2012

Apr 22, 2012, 4:54 PM

1) Move Tiger Band back to the heart of the student section. (Too many times the head cheerleader is doing something to get the students/crowd into the moment and Tiger band is doing something else) Hard to maximize the loudness that way.

2) Stop playing music on the PA system between plays! That’s why we have a band. It’s not an NBA game!
The crowd builds momentum off a good head cheerleader (i.e. one who knows it’s third down) and the band/student section. Playing music up to 0.23 seconds before the snap kills the crowd noise.

3) Hey Tiger Band Director…Please come up with a new ditty for our defense. Our current one has several flaws. (It’s not close to the Imperial March or even Bad, Bad. Leroy Brown)
a. It not menacing.
b. It borders on lame.
c. It’s too long.
d. It’s not easy to get in to.
e. Only 100 people around the band know when to say “defense”. (That’s probably a generous estimate)

How about the first few bars from Crazy Train, I’m just sayin!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if they play music on PA the play Welcome to the Jungle

Apr 22, 2012, 5:09 PM

by Guns & Roses

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wish list for Death Valley...

Apr 22, 2012, 5:11 PM

1. Never sit while on defense.

2. Always yell even on 1st and 4th down defense.

3. Night games only until late October. 3:30 is then acceptable.

4. No Woo Hoo. If you must yell like a baboon during this part, then why not let out a yee haw instead.

5. Double the size of Tiger Band or replace all wind instruments with trumpets, Tubas, and trombones.

6. No more Male flag girls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My wish list for Death Valley...

Apr 22, 2012, 5:18 PM

Good list as well....especially the flag corps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your #1 should be to ban Noon kickoffs. This is the #1

Apr 22, 2012, 5:15 PM

atmosphere killer in death valley.

Agreed...noon games are the worst from an atmosphere

Apr 22, 2012, 5:23 PM

perspective. Another thing Clemson needs to do is let more students back closer to the field like things used to be. Administration overreacted close to 10 years ago and reduced the number of students allowed on the hill. Bad move in terms of home field advantage to cut down on the # of students allowed on the hill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Death Valley Atmosphere Wish List 2012

Apr 22, 2012, 5:21 PM

Go undefeated again this year at home is my only wish.

Disagree with getting rid of music between

Apr 22, 2012, 5:23 PM

Disagree with getting rid of the music between plays, at least on the huge plays. That gets the student section far more pumped up than anything our undersized tigerband can do. And since the students section is louder than every other section BY FAR(used to sit with my parents in their seats until I got complained at for being too loud on a 3rd and short), I'd say go with what actually makes the stadium unbearably loud, which is what pumps up the student section.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disagree with getting rid of music between

Apr 22, 2012, 5:37 PM

I don't mind you guys and gals getting into the music. But when music plays right up to the start of the play, it's hard to follow your lead (the music drowns you out) and there is not enough time for the rest of the crowd to react. We are alot slower than you :)

Re: Disagree with getting rid of music between

Apr 22, 2012, 6:24 PM

By rule - piped in music has to stop with 10 seconds left on the play clock.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

OOPS!

Apr 22, 2012, 6:28 PM

15 seconds might be the correct time on the play clock for piped in music to stop.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Have Motorhead play live***

Apr 22, 2012, 5:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every game should start with this

Apr 22, 2012, 11:25 PM

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG-7RutsoEk&feature=related

piped in music

Apr 22, 2012, 6:42 PM

Sucks....period

Apr 22, 2012, 7:08 PM

And let's let the band stay longer after the game. It would sure be good to hear them as our kids play on the field after the game. Many college bands put on a concert after the game.

Email the band director.

Apr 22, 2012, 7:17 PM

mspede@clemson.edu

There's something in these hills.

Re: Email the band director.

Apr 22, 2012, 7:55 PM

Thank you.

Topless cheerleaders

Apr 22, 2012, 8:25 PM

I would enjoy that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Play some RAMONES!

Apr 22, 2012, 8:31 PM

hey ho, lets go

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. no woohoo.***

Apr 22, 2012, 9:35 PM

Apr 23, 2012, 10:16 AM

Music is way too loud.

#2 is huge. The crowd has to get momentum too. They sense

Apr 23, 2012, 10:37 AM

when the D needs to make a stand. Playing music between plays usually makes the crowd stop yelling and listen to the music.

By the time the music stops and the crowd has started yelling loudly again - the ball has already been snapped. Crowd noise is most helpful before a play - making it difficult to hear the QB in the huddle and at the LOS.

Apr 23, 2012, 10:42 AM

WE desperately need a another new chant. The C L E M S Ooo N is great, but we need a different one to throw in there.
Also the song we play on defense is awful. GA Techs songs for 3rd down on defense is powerful and drives me insane. That is what we need for our defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need RAP music. LOTS MORE RAP MUSIC!!!!!***

Apr 23, 2012, 10:43 AM

In no particular order...

Apr 23, 2012, 1:01 PM

- New PA system - Topic's been beaten to death. Sounds horrible.
- New scoreboard / massive video board on the hill - Isn't an upgrade in the works? Paint it orange next time, please. Purple TRIM.
- Video boards at NW & SW corners (the gaps in the stadium bowl) - Optional (I suppose) depending on what is done with the Hill unit.
- No noon kickoffs / More night games - Will never happen due to AD's preferences and ACC meddling.
- No woo-hoo - Too much like the "Woo" in Rock Top. Honestly, I don't remember anyone doing this when I was a student in the late 90's. I remember going to a game some time in 2000-2002 and thinking, "###, did I miss the memo?"
- Tiger Band improvements - It's too small, we can't hear them, and they're M.I.A. when they should be rockin.' Did some cool things in early 00's ("Rage" piece, which I thought was unique and awesome and has now seemingly disappeared). There are also old standards that they've really never played (e.g., Imperial March).
- Piped in music - Pre-game selections seem geared toward the players and not the fans (rap & hip-hop - that really jacks the 30 and over crowd up), so no one gets pumped. In-game selections are generally lame, but a lot of it does seem to get some people stoked (esp. students). Honestly, though, why can't the band play in these spots?
- Hill entrance - Much better in the past, when the entire team did not just stop behind the rock. I'd say pre-1999 (or so - just look at some 80's clips for reference) the team would almost be halfway down the Hill in anticipation of the start cannon, allowing basically everyone to rub the rock before the run down the Hill. The result was a nicely flowing stream of orange with no gaps. Maybe this is nitpicky, but it just looked better and was more intimidating. I do like the emphasis on balloons, though.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic