Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dead Time wild idea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,927

Dead Time wild idea

Jul 5, 2018, 1:20 PM

Just humor me here. With the depth of our defensive line, and the size of our linebackers, would it be feasible to put 6 on the line in special situations?

My thought was that with the ability of Wilkins to play DT or DE, and with Bryant's (and other DEs) ability to drop into coverage, and with Lamar's ability to rush; if you put 3 DTs (including Wilkins), two DE (one of which could drop into coverage) and Lamar all on the line, the opponent would probably at least call a time out to figure out how to handle the scheme. (P.S.you could also go to a single safety and put in the nickle LB).

It's hard to believe an opponents "max protect" could stop a full rush in time to get a pass off, and a handoff in the backfeild should get smothered instanly. If the opponent tried to audible to a spread, a simple defensive shift where Lamar drops back to his LB position, Bryant shifts into slot coverage, and Wilkins moves to DE would still provide very good defensive posture.

I'd hate to be a QB on 3rd down with more than 10 yards to go, and see Lawrence, Wilkins, Pickney, Bryant, Ferrell, and Lamar all at the line with their ears pined back.

And although I'm not a Football coach, I did sleep at Motel 6 last night so let me enjoy my nonsense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QB just dumps it over to a TE that slips through the middle.

Jul 5, 2018, 1:21 PM

Would be too easy to attack.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: QB just dumps it over to a TE that slips through the middle.

Jul 5, 2018, 1:28 PM

In that scheme do you really think the TE could afford not to block? And wouldn't the LBs realize a TE dump pass is one of the likely check downs, and have the TE covered?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you just

Jul 5, 2018, 1:23 PM

1. Describe a blitz scheme?
2. Admit leaving the light on?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you just

Jul 5, 2018, 1:30 PM

Yes, but most blitz's dont include 6 >250lb blitzers. Or maybe I just haven't noticed this type of blitz before.

Re: Dead Time wild idea

Jul 5, 2018, 1:44 PM

Jul 5, 2018, 1:50 PM

There was a time where I had those memorized. Now I only know that Pi are round.

Jul 5, 2018, 1:49 PM

Jerry Claiborne. Md. Wide Tackle Six.
Its been done.

Jul 5, 2018, 2:08 PM

This tells me it is a feasible scheme.

So I wonder how well it could work with our super athletic defensive line and LBs. It looks like this scheme was used as a game scheme, I want to see it only for situational uses. I thought it would be good for a pass blitz in long yardage situations, but it looks like the origin was for defense against two-back run games (and Wing T like GTech). So there actually be a good application for several situations.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,927
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic