Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DeShaun on “ year of the black QB” show.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

DeShaun on “ year of the black QB” show.....

Feb 9, 2020, 2:03 PM

ESPN 2. Just went off. Maybe they will re-air it!! Just saw the very end

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DeShaun on “ year of the black QB” show.....

Feb 9, 2020, 2:48 PM

Tired of the year of black this black that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2020, 3:06 PM

Agree 100%. Why does color have to even be a part of the comments or sports related article’s. It should be all about the people. Race and color should not have anything to do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple...

Feb 9, 2020, 3:28 PM

Because it’s easier to manipulate and control people when you convince them that they are victims, regardless of how ridiculously untrue their victimhood actually is. Therefore the goal isn’t to end racism; quite the opposite actually. The response is equal racism. Except that the responding racism is justified because, somehow, the racist supposed “victim” is deemed to be exempt from judgment for their racism... somehow for them two wrongs really DOES make it right. Groups are further divided; manipulation and control are maintained. This is called TYRANNY; this is EVIL.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simple...

Feb 9, 2020, 3:34 PM

Great Post! It’s also all about the money for people like Nancy Pelosi and minority leadership. They use racism to further their financial futures.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Simple... ]

Or, perhaps racism is a real thing that people actually deal with, even if you personally haven’t.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2020, 3:55 PM

I agree. For example, nobody's giving Asian quarterbacks a chance at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Polynesian is kind of Asian

Feb 9, 2020, 4:11 PM

at least they are probably more Asian than anything else genetically.

I heard they had small

Feb 10, 2020, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Simple... ]

Rotator cuffs

It is a real thing, coot troll...

Feb 9, 2020, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Simple... ]

There are still racists of ALL races out there. But the kind of widespread institutional racism that sparked the civil rights movement has been over for decades... leaving the race-trading hypocrite sleazeballs like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters and their ilk to prop up a LIE that enriches them while leading the people they are supposed to support in a never-ending spiral of poverty and dependency.

Re: It is a real thing, coot troll...

Feb 9, 2020, 4:27 PM

Great post! But many people don’t want to hear about it or they don’t want to believe what you posted.

Feb 9, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to It is a real thing, coot troll... ]

LMAO at “institutional racism has been over for decades”. I’ll give ya that’s it’s less in your face and is more nuanced than a few decades ago.

Coming to T-net to learn about race relations is like going to USuCk to play football... it don’t make no sense.

Feb 10, 2020, 10:31 AM

How is Affirmative Action not institutional racism???

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Affirmative Action IS institutional racism

Feb 10, 2020, 8:24 PM

Excellent point! Another example of what I was talking about - an instance of two wrongs making a right. Liberal hypocrisy at its finest.

I'm glad you abstained from posting in this thread for a day

Feb 11, 2020, 7:51 PM

I hope you'll go back and read what you posted here and reflect on how it represents your personhood and your legacy. I don't think your grandchildren or grandchildren would endorse the absolute drivel you've posted here.

Everyone on this board knows you're a smart guy, which is why it's all the more disheartening to read through this thread.

I hope that the mods will delete this lest the perception of this message board become even more tainted.

Feb 11, 2020, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: It is a real thing, coot troll... ]

No one ask you to drop by!

Oh wow! Well halle-f*$king-lujah! Institutional racism is

Feb 10, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to It is a real thing, coot troll... ]

dead! Thanks for declaring its end old, white man!

Jesus Christ, I've heard it all now.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh wow! Well halle-f*$king-lujah! Institutional racism is

Feb 10, 2020, 11:08 PM

He didn't say racism is dead.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He literally said institutional racism has been over for

Feb 11, 2020, 9:11 AM

decades.

Which is one of the most racist (and blatantly stupid) things I've ever heard.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aside from Affirmative Action...

Feb 11, 2020, 2:25 PM

Please name an example of current institutional racism. In case you are confused, that means it is racism that is held as an official stated policy, whether governmental or commercial.

No one is saying that there is no racism in this country. As I said before, there are plenty of racist idiots OF ALL RACES. But RACISM is NOT THE LAW, ANYWHERE in America. And there are NO businesses that have, as a standard operating procedure, the denial of employment or advancement based on RACE. IT AIN'T THERE.

And if you're one of those people who really think the police are inherently racist, then just don't bother responding any further. If that's the case, please... just shut up.

I would like to think that part of the problem here is that

Feb 11, 2020, 4:03 PM

you don't understand the political and social definitions of the word institutional, but judging by your posts I would be talking to the wall.

Institutional racism is about the differential in access to opportunity.

Examples:
- African Americans own approximately one-tenth of the wealth of white Americans.
- The median wealth for black households with a college degree equaled about 70% of the median wealth for white households without a college degree.
- In 2016, blacks with debt typically owed $35,560—less than 40 percent of the $93,000 in debt owed by whites.

Here's something you SHOULD read, but you won't.

And if you're one of those people who really think the police are NOT inherently racist, then just don't bother responding any further. If that's the case, please... just shut up.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/reports/2018/02/21/447051/systematic-inequality/

You have a REALLY condescending tone

Feb 11, 2020, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Aside from Affirmative Action... ]

for someone so obviously ignorant. It's impressive really. I wish I had as much money as you think your opinion is worth. I'd be rich enough to ignore and not care about the retarded shit I've read from you in this thread.

Re: Aside from Affirmative Action...

Feb 12, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Aside from Affirmative Action... ]

Please name an example of current institutional racism. In case you are confused, that means it is racism that is held as an official stated policy, whether governmental or commercial.

No one is saying that there is no racism in this country. As I said before, there are plenty of racist idiots OF ALL RACES. But RACISM is NOT THE LAW, ANYWHERE in America. And there are NO businesses that have, as a standard operating procedure, the denial of employment or advancement based on RACE. IT AIN'T THERE.

And if you're one of those people who really think the police are inherently racist, then just don't bother responding any further. If that's the case, please... just shut up.

You actually are completely wrong on the definition of what "institutional racism" is, but you tried to load the question to make you right. Of course there are no current laws that are directly racist. But here's the correct definition:

Institutional racism (also known as systemic racism) is a form of racism expressed in the practice of social and political institutions. It is reflected in disparities regarding wealth, income, criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power and education, among other factors.

So based on the definition, it doesn't have to be a "law" that is racist. And there is plenty of institutional racism going on in this country.

Feb 10, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to It is a real thing, coot troll... ]

I honestly thought that until I heard excerpts from the Mark Fuhrman tapes in which he referred to black people as n-----s back during the OJ trial. It was amazing and horrifying that a grown man would have that attitude in the 90's, more so that he was using such dehumanizing language about the people he was supposed to protect. It was an epiphany.

How about a bunch of white frats in Oklahoma who made it all the way to college thinking it was funny to sing songs about keeping "n-----s" out of their frat?

Those aren't anomalies. In both cases, the people involved existed in environments in which that was acceptable on some level. I believe there is subtle, and sometimes overt, systemic racism in the US. I also believe that there are a lot of people who exploit it for power, money and fame. However, that doesn't make it less real. Distrust, hate and fear are a blight on humanity not limited to certain groups.

The answer is a change of heart, and that is #### hard for me and I assume it is for others. I try, and mostly fail, to assume the best in others, to admit when I am wrong and to empathize with others. It is the ole "Love each other and love God" thing - conceptually simple but tactically difficult.

Feb 10, 2020, 11:10 PM

Wasn't the recording of Fuhrman using the n word made over ten years before the OJ case?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Simple... ]

I know that racism exist by all races. I also know racism is a tool used by others for all of the wrong reasons.

Think about those who have benefited at the expense of others using the race card.

Sure racism exist and it always will. But will continue to be used as a tool for personal, political and financial gain.

It definitely is real as well as the pts made above

Feb 10, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Simple... ]

Are real in the political sense

Feb 13, 2020, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Simple... ]

Racism is very real. Does talking about it ALL the time make it better or worse?

Mar 16, 2020, 1:46 PM

What do you suggest be done about it then? The hope with talking about it is that people like you who are tired of hearing about will do something to help with the problem. Minorities can't solve it themselves. Maybe you aren't directly responsible for any racism, but surely you know someone who has some racist tendencies, whether it be something they did, said, implied, etc. Do you call them out and stand up for those having trouble standing up for themselves?

Feb 9, 2020, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Simple... ]

Preach it FlyingTiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2020, 3:27 PM

Imagine a year of the white QB - that would be racist

Feb 9, 2020, 4:05 PM

Year of the white Sprinter?

No that would be Manning, Brady, Rothlesburger & Rodgers***

Feb 9, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun on “ year of the black QB” show..... ]

Feb 10, 2020, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun on “ year of the black QB” show..... ]

White nationalists is okay in America

Feb 9, 2020, 3:34 PM

I think next year should be “year of the All Orange/All-In QB”!

Feb 10, 2020, 10:38 AM

I think everyone can agree on that.

Feb 9, 2020, 3:44 PM

If next year we have " year of the black punter" or " year of the black father" , then total equality will of been reached

Feb 9, 2020, 4:16 PM

As an ex-social worker, I can assure you that racism occurs in ALL races but you only hear about it when a caucasian is involved.

@outlaw1081: do you take your hood off when you post? or can

Feb 9, 2020, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun on “ year of the black QB” show..... ]

you type with it on?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truly shocked to read ESPN was the network airing this.***

Feb 9, 2020, 5:21 PM

Feb 9, 2020, 5:27 PM

Probably agree and disagree with alot of these post. With that said as with the nfl protest ect...Lets keep sports sports and political post to another board. Not sure it helps either agenda. With that said i had a several guinness beverages. Black beer with a frothy whitish top. Unity!

overwhelmingly negative responses in this thread

Feb 9, 2020, 5:48 PM

Despite it involving our greatest QB ever who has never been anything other than a class act.

Sad but typical tigernet

Feb 9, 2020, 6:05 PM

Love DW4. Sorry I missed that.

wow!! Was just letting y’all know DeShaun was...

Feb 9, 2020, 6:17 PM

On tv. Had nothing to do with the topic. I just like seeing our former Tiger QB spotlighted- Wasn’t making a racial or political statement. That was just the name of the show y’all!! I take every opportunity to hear and see former Tigers!!! Don’t let the title stop you

Well Bears traded up to take Trubinsky over Watson & Mahomes

Feb 9, 2020, 7:35 PM

Very unlikely overt racism ___ but what was that“something” in the Bears’ front office that influenced that decision?

Most Bears fans just say stupidity.

I guess I'm naive, but I am shocked at the racist vitriol in

Feb 9, 2020, 10:13 PM

many of y'all's posts. I didn't realize it was there. Guarantee that none of you a s s wholes would say any of this in front of Deshaun, or Christian or Tony Elliot. I'm downright ashamed of some of you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has errbody forgot....

Feb 9, 2020, 10:18 PM

...”Can’t we ALL just get along?”

Re: I guess I'm naive, but I am shocked at the racist vitriol in

Feb 10, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to I guess I'm naive, but I am shocked at the racist vitriol in ]

Take it easy Shaun King...

Re: I guess I'm naive, but I am shocked at the racist vitriol in

Feb 10, 2020, 5:25 PM

Not as easy as your mom

DW4 was only one not in love with Kappernick

Feb 10, 2020, 12:12 PM

Everyone else supported his decision to kneel. I was pleased with DW4's position, even though he didn't articulate his reasoning very well. Proud of DW4! The others could not stop talking about police brutality- as if that happens often and as if you can't stand for the flag and be against police brutality. I think 99.99% of Americans are against police brutality.

I love the QBs who stand in solidarity with

Feb 11, 2020, 8:23 PM

Kaepernick. It really proves that they have a set of nuts and aren't obsessed over the fact that another man be deep-dogging their wife.

Imagine having that kind of security and conviction.

I so wish I hadn’t posted this!! Didn’t expect....

Feb 10, 2020, 7:28 PM

To cause us to go at each other!! I was just posting this cause I caught the end of “a” show he was on. As an African American , sure the topic was of some interest to me. And as a father of an all conference high school sophomore FB player, I wanted to hear what they were sharing about being a person of color in the sport. BUT primarily I wanted to watch and let my fellow Tigers know that OUR QB (Clemson, not black) was on a national tv show being interviewed. Now stop going at each other- this is silly ya’ll!!! Go Tigers!!

You can delete your post and the entire thread disappears.***

Feb 10, 2020, 9:20 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can delete your post and the entire thread disappears.***

Feb 10, 2020, 9:34 PM

How?

Feb 13, 2020, 11:06 PM

Press the red “X” up beside the reply button on your original post. That will change your post to “Removed by author” and I *think* it will eliminate all replies ... but I’m not sure.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2020, 11:22 PM [ in reply to You can delete your post and the entire thread disappears.*** ]

But the racism will go on .

Got some screenshots for the 2021 recruits***

Mar 16, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to You can delete your post and the entire thread disappears.*** ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2020, 11:46 PM

LOL at a bunch of old southern white men declaring that racism is over and a thing of the past.

The same "ones" would be the first to

Feb 11, 2020, 7:36 AM

flip their lid if fans on another message board DARED to call Clemson fans or South Carolinians in general racist retards.

This thread is absolutely embarrassing

Feb 11, 2020, 7:35 AM

Don't get upset when Ohio State fans call us a bunch of racist hicks if you're going to post some of the garbage I've seen in this thread.

Embarrassing.

It's not shocking to me; but is sure is disheartening.***

Feb 11, 2020, 9:13 AM

Re: It's not shocking to me; but is sure is disheartening.***

Feb 11, 2020, 7:34 PM

Perfect word. Thank you

This got ugly.

Feb 11, 2020, 8:03 PM

I’m really embarrassed by some of the responses. I hope our recruits (or their parents) don’t come across this thread. I wonder what they would think of some of these comments.

The folks making those comments don't care about the

Feb 11, 2020, 8:12 PM

recruits nor their families. Lol. I wish they did.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic