Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete

Sep 5, 2018, 3:48 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1037425722325983232

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun* Stupid auto correct***

Sep 5, 2018, 3:49 PM

Don't agree, but***

Sep 5, 2018, 3:50 PM

I don't agree with DW4, but I respect him so much for his character on and off the field.

He will always make Clemson proud.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sure Nike will weigh your Twitter vs Deshaun’s and see if they need to change their ways.***

Sep 5, 2018, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be too if they paid me what they're paying him***

Sep 5, 2018, 3:53 PM

Dabo was sporting his Nike yesterday

Sep 5, 2018, 3:54 PM

fo sho

Re: Dabo was sporting his Nike yesterday

Sep 5, 2018, 4:20 PM

Yeah, but when asked, I loved his answer. The only logo he’s thinking about is The Paw!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete

Sep 5, 2018, 4:00 PM

What is even better is Trumps comment to DW.

Sep 5, 2018, 4:23 PM

Yeah it was a nice compliment no matter what else he said. Hey, pretty cool that a US prez responds to your tweet!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That wasn't Trump's acct

Sep 5, 2018, 5:22 PM

some fake account.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete ]

Lol I got a td for that? Some butthurt Hillary liberal guy probably lol

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

You're not referring to the fake Trump account

Sep 5, 2018, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete ]

response are you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're not referring to the fake Trump account

Sep 5, 2018, 6:13 PM

Jumped the gun without reading the rest of the twitter handle, I’m sure trump was thinking it though!

Sep 5, 2018, 4:06 PM

DW4 and Clemson both have contracts with Nike. We don't have to buy it, but they have to wear and endorse it to honor their contracts. It is what it is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This Very Much Feels Like His Agent and Nike Invoking Some

Sep 5, 2018, 4:10 PM

Endorsement clause. I don't recall 100% but I don't ever remember DW4 posting essentially a commercial link in his Twitter feed. Once big corp America gets it's hooks in you, they will use your image as they see fit.

Not that I think DW4 would oppose CK, but he has generally strayed from charged social issues. This doesn't feel like him so much as it does Nike trying to line up African American supporters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Very Much Feels Like His Agent and Nike Invoking Some

Sep 5, 2018, 4:15 PM

I think he means it.

Or maybe it feels like DW4 is proud to be a Nike

Sep 5, 2018, 5:07 PM [ in reply to This Very Much Feels Like His Agent and Nike Invoking Some ]

athlete because that entire commercial is pretty inspirational.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 5, 2018, 5:21 PM [ in reply to This Very Much Feels Like His Agent and Nike Invoking Some ]

Nike isn't worried about black supporters....its a global company and everyone isn't with America!! Get real

Sep 5, 2018, 5:39 PM

Nike isn't worried about black supporters....its a global company and everyone isn't with America!! Get real

This. This is pure and simple, all about Donald Trump. Nike realized they could sell his archnemesis.

I really, really don't think most Americans realize how unpopular Trump is, from a global perspective. Talk to some expats - virtually any expats, basically - and you'll get an earful, though. The Donald's global approval rating is astoundingly low - 22% positive, per FacTank back on July 13th. (By way of comparison, this makes Trump even less popular internationally than Vladimir Putin...who has a 26% positive approval rating by the same metric.)

Trump does have isolated pockets of support - Israel, and of course, Russia - but for the most part Trump's belligerence towards international affairs has seen America's international approval rating tumble to abysmal levels we've never seen before. And our NATO allies and those getting hit by his tariffs, at the moment, absolutely hate the man because he's not even troubling himself to make nice.

Agree with His Orangeness's politics or don't, this isn't that conversation. But realize that Trump is massively unpopular on the global stage and Nike realized that they could sell Kaepernick as a heroic opposition figure...both domestically, and especially abroad. Which is why their stock is soaring despite how controversial (and, honestly, cynical) the move is at home.

Nike has 360 million potential customers in America. Trump is the world's most unpopular human and in endorsing Kaepernick they have just brought attention to their brand that will be positively received by the vast majority of the other 7+ billion.

This was just focus-group marketing in action, plain and simple.

meh lost respect with watson on this

Sep 5, 2018, 4:17 PM

colin supports castro and wears socks with pigs dressed as cops.

I'm sure DW4 cares***

Sep 5, 2018, 4:51 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ask me if i care if he cares

Sep 5, 2018, 5:26 PM

i dont have to support a trash company who backs an extremist piece of chit just because watson supports them

So because DW4 says he's proud to be a Nike

Sep 5, 2018, 4:57 PM [ in reply to meh lost respect with watson on this ]

athlete you automatically assume he supports CK wearing a Castro shirt and pig socks? I think the entire commercial is really well done and inspiring, even though I don't particularly care for CK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 5, 2018, 4:22 PM

I don’t care what people do during the anthem. My biggest problem with this ad campaign is that they’re acting like Kaepernick sacrificed his NFL career for his beliefs. The guy just couldn’t make a roster as a run first inaccrurate passing QB. He was solved by his second year.

He absolutely would have made a roster

Sep 5, 2018, 4:23 PM

Backup QBs are hot commodities. His value is estimated at between $10-15M a year as a backup.

That's assuming he'd be interested in going

Sep 5, 2018, 5:05 PM

somewhere to be a backup and earn a backup salary. Maybe he would, or maybe it pays better to be shunned from the league.

probably be better to stick with his new role now***

Sep 6, 2018, 12:12 PM

Sep 5, 2018, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete ]

You’re just flat out wrong. Jon Bois covered this in detail on Chart Party. CK was definitely still good enough for a roster spot and was better than plenty of guys who start games in the NFL. He posted his second highest passer rating as a full time starter his final year of play. A passer rating that would have been 13-15th in the NFL in 2017/18. And on top of that he’s one of the most interception averse QBs of all time. Guys that have middling passing efficiency and take care of the ball absolutely are good enough to make a roster. Whether you agree with his politics or not, this “he wasn’t good enough” narrative is ########.

Sep 5, 2018, 4:53 PM

If he was good enough he would be on a roster period. Nobody was interested in his mediocrity or his bull ####!

Sep 12, 2014, 10:33 AM

Exactly. If the asking price matched the potential production this guy would be on a roster somewhere.

Sep 5, 2018, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete ]

Or teams just don't want to deal with the backlash of fans if they sign him? Nope, let's just pretend like it's because he's not good enough. Meanwhile, the week 1 starter for the Bills is Nathan Peterman who threw 5 interceptions in his only start last year. A guy like Geno Smith is still in the league after 5 years, 29 touchdowns, and 36 interceptions, and there are many more just like him still making money to stink up the place.

Sep 6, 2018, 1:34 PM

You can bet your ### if Tom Brady was doing what Crapperdick is doing he would still be starting in the NFL and for the Patriots. Get over yourself and this racist nonsense. It's like ESPN with the SEC bull ####.

Sep 5, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete ]

Yeah it’s not like CK’s court case against the NFL is trending in his favor or anything. Oh wait...it is...suggesting his legal team has substantial information showing that he was blackballed. The NFL wouldn’t have been denied a summary judgement otherwise.

Coot

Sep 6, 2018, 12:50 AM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete ]

Tell em' Liberal Coot

Pretty much everyone knowledgeable that covers the NFL

Sep 5, 2018, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete ]

thinks differently.

Sep 5, 2018, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun Watson, a proud Nike Athlete ]

He was literally starting games as recent as his final season in the league. I'm not saying he would have continued to start, but he certainly would still be in the league. I do agree his talent wasn't worth the backlash a team would get for signing him, but without all this stuff he would most certainly still be on a roster somewhere.

He was solved by his 2nd year? You talking about the year he helped lead his team to the Super Bowl? Or his 3rd year when he got his team to the NFC Championship game? I'm not saying he was all that, but he has 72 career touchdown passes compared to 30 interceptions, and 60% completion percentage. There are quarterbacks with much worse numbers getting paid right now.

Way to go DW4!***

Sep 5, 2018, 4:49 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 4:57 PM

Nike will lose for this move, just dumb. DW always a class act and knows where the dollars are, NIke still gonna siffer

Yeah, I'm sure Nike will suffer. I'm sure their stock

Sep 5, 2018, 4:59 PM

price went way down today right? Oh wait, it went up.

Nike will not only be in great shape after this, but it will continue to grow.

Re: Yeah, I'm sure Nike will suffer. I'm sure their stock

Sep 5, 2018, 5:37 PM

You must have missed the selloff and price drop yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

No, I didn't miss it

Sep 6, 2018, 9:05 AM

Of course the entire market was down that day, including some of Nike's competitors. And then the next day, yesterday, Nike went up and pre-trading today appears it may go up again. The point being, Nike won't lose because of an ad campaign about overcoming obstacles and dreaming big, they're going to win. Just because President Trump says their stock will drop 10% doesn't mean it's true.

Well this is confusing

Sep 5, 2018, 5:01 PM

Are we supposed to burn our Nikes and return our Deshaun jerseys or are we supposed to return our Nikes and burn our Deshaun jerseys? Or return them both or burn them both? And we are supposed to boycott buying any of those things? It’s all happening so fast it’s hard to keep up with. Just need to know what we should be doing here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes it's hard keeping up with the outrage.***

Sep 5, 2018, 5:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Sep 5, 2018, 6:22 PM

He’s a much better quarterback than Colin...not even in the same league. Then again, Colin’s not in a league at all.

Sep 5, 2018, 10:17 PM

Exactly why after they leave Clemson, I could give a fat rat's butt what they do in the NFL. I realize most of them do not align with my beliefs and fortunately right now I dont have to deal with their liberal crap while their at Clemson. On Saturdays their job is to entertain me and for that they receive a very expensive education. We both win

Sep 6, 2018, 12:17 AM

so be it but I am done with Nike.........Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic