Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dax Hollifield
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Dax Hollifield

Dec 28, 2017, 10:53 PM

says he is down to a final 3 of Stanford, VT, and Clemson.

Why did Clemson wait so long to go after him? I don’t remember hearing about us going after higher rated linebackers before this. It almost sounds like coaches are expecting to lose a linebacker early.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably because he soured on us for some reason

Dec 28, 2017, 11:15 PM

He posted a video on Twitter last year of him burning some Clemson stuff around the time of the ACC Championship with the caption basically saying "Go Hokies".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He just deleted that video in the last week btw

Dec 28, 2017, 11:17 PM

Here's an article about it.

http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2016/december/3/blue-chip-hokies-lb-target-dax-hollifield-sick-clemson-burn-and-quite

Re: He just deleted that video in the last week btw

Dec 29, 2017, 1:24 AM

Ehh. That's not really that big of a deal.

Last year Etienne was rooting for Bama in the title game

Dec 29, 2017, 1:53 AM

this year he is going to the the player of the game for Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last year Etienne was rooting for Bama in the title game

Dec 29, 2017, 2:14 AM

Big difference considering we hadn't recruited ETN at all. Not to mention ETN wasn't having bonfires with Clemson signs. I just wouldn't get your hopes up. He hasn't been that high on us and he wants to play early. That's definitely not happening at Clemson.

At the time Clemson had filled up,now coaches have better

Dec 29, 2017, 6:16 AM

feel for how many more spots are available(5). Dax is being recruited by KJ.

Re: He just deleted that video in the last week btw

Dec 29, 2017, 7:36 AM [ in reply to He just deleted that video in the last week btw ]

Certainly the kind of LB that Venables likes , and he has time to decide .
I guess we all know that VT is the leader for him and likely he ends up there ...but I have said it to myself about 150 times and publicly a little less than that - " if anyone in CFB can surprise me with a totally unexpected , big time commit near a deadline .. it ain't William Swinney ."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Probably because he soured on us for some reason

Dec 29, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Probably because he soured on us for some reason ]

To me that looks like a kid who was/is clearly high on Virginia Tech showing his allegiance to them. I don't believe Clemson was involved in his recruitment up until recently, so maybe I am being naive but I imagine that isn't a shot on Clemson, just showing love and a little diss for the team that recruited him hard playing against the team that did not.

Luckily with the position we are in at the top of the country and the recruiters that we have I believe we can close on anyone and there really isn't a player out there that we are not "in it" for if we go after them hard. Especially guys in nearby states, unless they have a predisposed dislike for us they'd be silly to not at least listen and maybe take a look at Clemson.

Coaches identify talent and I believe guys like Dax are recruited by us, but maybe they don't really get that Oliver Purnell full court press until the coaches decide that they can't afford to miss on that player. I'd imagine he was always still getting mail from our coaching/recruiting staff and they stayed in touch with him. But idk, I can't really speak about how the recruiting process works entirely on that end.

Re: Dax Hollifield

Dec 28, 2017, 11:39 PM

If not mistaken, Clemson was first to offer. I have had the pleasure to watch this young man play the last 4 years. Great player, student, and family is very supportive. Father is D-line coach at Shelby, and head basketball coach, and played football at Wake.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 12:39 AM

We didn't wait, We were his first college offer back when he a freshman or sophomore in high school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 5:46 AM

Ross, Radley-Hiles, and Hollifield. Maybe a surprise OL. Finish it off.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 6:19 AM

https://twitter.com/Cj_Csmith/status/946479470013222914

Dec 29, 2017, 7:53 AM

Does this mean that a flip is imminent, that he is just wishing us well in the Sugar Bowl , that he wants to think things over after already committing to the Huskers ?
I twitter unwell .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Tweet that Clemson is sending out to Recruits

Dec 29, 2017, 8:06 AM

Hence,Clemson showing the Love.

Re: Tweet that Clemson is sending out to Recruits

Dec 30, 2017, 7:33 AM

Oh ok . Noice !

DB23

Dec 29, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Dax Hollifield ]

Doesn't mean much really. Means that he may take a look at Clemson or he may just be bragging on twitter about the defending champs showing him some love and sending him stuff.

Clemson has been involved with Dax for a LONG time now***

Dec 29, 2017, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson has been involved with Dax for a LONG time now***

Dec 29, 2017, 8:58 AM

So why the previous hate from the kid? Hard to imagine our coaches doing something to earn that.

Dec 29, 2017, 9:26 AM

It's speculation but I believe what happened is we started recruiting him and along the way getting other guys committed ( Venables, Jones ) he lost his spot and he took it pretty hard. Coaches recently told him we had a scholly open up so this makes the most sense in my opinion.

He got his feelings hurt...

Dec 29, 2017, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson has been involved with Dax for a LONG time now*** ]

because Clemson didn't make him feel like he was their absolute top priority and effectively assure him of early and immediate playing time.

The fact of the matter is, he wasn't a top priority.

He probably would be able to play earlier if not immediately at VT, but there's a very good reason why the Hokies are in the Camping World Bowl and Clemson has an opportunity to play for a third National Championship in as many years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 29, 2017, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson has been involved with Dax for a LONG time now*** ]

He waited to long to commit and Clemson filled up on lbs. we must be expecting Joseph to leave early

Good update on his recruitment

Dec 29, 2017, 9:11 AM

https://n.rivals.com/news/clemson-re-emerging-in-rivals250-lb-dax-hollifield-s-recruitment

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNCheat wants him to come visit for several basketball

Dec 29, 2017, 9:48 AM

games. I know recruits take in a basketball game if we are playing in town the weekend of their visit but sounds like UNCheat knows football is a sideshow in Chapel Hill.

I worked at UNC for a while at the hospital

Dec 30, 2017, 9:24 AM

that is pretty lame that their football team is so bad that they have to recruit a FB player using the basketball team. I remember going to the peds oncology floor when I worked there with some FB players. All the nurses were so excited that the “basketball team” was coming. When they found out it was “just” the football team, they all left. Those people do not care about the football team whatsoever….

Another great story about the passion of football there: Opening day of football season, I went to a place on Franklin St to eat thinking I could grab some food and watch a little football. I am not sure who was playing, but hell, it is football and at the time it was almost a year since I watched a game. Well, those wine drinking, cheese eating, liberals were too busy watching FREAKING TENNIS and would not turn the football games on in a sports bar.

On top of all of that, I was one of the only straight guys there, and was harassed because I was straight and conservative, I ended up having to leave. The last straw was when I was forced to go to the gay pride parade there in a pediatric ambulance.... the things my eyes saw that day can never be unseen. The point of all that, I knew that UNC was different, but I am ok with people living the way they want to live, but they expect you to embrace and take part in that culture even if you are uncomfortable with it. It is not live and let live there, it is we live this way and expect you to as well. If a player is ok with that, then by all means that is the place for him. But from what I know of Dax, he is a Christian guy from Belmont, he would not fit in there at all.

A guy I work with was talking to his dad last night at a basketball game and said that Dax is taking his OV to Stanford next week, but no inside info was given.

Dec 29, 2017, 9:23 AM

Would be awesome for us to have a player named Dax since our son who beat cancer attends Dabo’s football camp every year is huge Tiger fan!!!!!????

Dec 29, 2017, 9:28 AM

Maybe it's the fact that he's a white linebacker or he wears #44 like Chad Smith did in HS, but that's kind of who I see when I look at him. Big linebacker with some length, probably not quite as athletic and appears to play downhill--crashing those gaps more than Chad Smith, but he'd be a nice get for the defense.

Dec 29, 2017, 8:32 PM

Maybe, because Mike and Jake are OLB's, and Dax is inside, and highest rated of the three.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 1:02 AM

Always seemed like a Clemson kind of guy to me. Good kid and very very smart. Natural leader, hard worker, big motor, great attitude, and as someone mentioned a coach's son. Wouldn't worry about his burning stuff antics. He would be ALL IN if he came to Clemson. Hope we get him, but good luck to him wherever he goes (but don't think he will need it--some people make their own luck).

We didn't know if we were going to have room for him

Dec 30, 2017, 1:59 AM

Staff has probably learned of a few departures after the season. It would have been hard to justify taking 3 LBs in a 14 man class

Re: We didn't know if we were going to have room for him

Dec 30, 2017, 2:18 AM

Well, Rashaun Smith hasn't exactly lived up to potential....yet. Next year, if Joseph doesn't leave THIS year, we lose Joseph and POssibly Lamar, as well as Davis. Can't have enough good linebackers. This will be an 18 man class in the end I think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We didn't know if we were going to have room for him

Dec 30, 2017, 7:19 AM

Shaq isn't the first highly rated player who doesn't get it the first year or two. He's not a wash-out, by any stretch.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long did it take O'Daniel to get it?

Dec 30, 2017, 7:31 AM

And he is now, arguably, our best linebacker.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic