Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Herbstreit says Clemson's offense "ready to roll"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Herbstreit says Clemson's offense "ready to roll"

Aug 13, 2013, 3:13 PM

Herbstreit says Clemson's offense "ready to roll"

ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit and play-by-play man Brent Musburger held a conference call Tuesday, where they discussed Clemson's opener with Georgia. Does Herbstreit think Clemson will "pull a Clemson" this year? What does he say about Clemson's defense? What does Brent Musburger say about the matchup? Photo: Kirby Lee-Image of Sport-USA TODAY Sports Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roll Tigers!***

Aug 13, 2013, 3:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Roll Tigers!***

Aug 13, 2013, 4:19 PM

It's Tigers ROAR!!! Bama is the team that claims to roll. We Clemson, we rock and ROARRRRR!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they're looking ahead to SC then they aren't a good team

Aug 13, 2013, 3:27 PM

Good/great teams and coaching staffs are able to block out what's in the future and take care of business on a night by night setting. It's the same reason the "they didn't want to be there or they were upset about not being in the NC" excuse doesn't work for either LSU or Florida last year. If you can't get pumped for every game and come out and give 110% then you aren't the better team despite what anyone says.

Dawgs aren't looking past Clemson. They need

Aug 13, 2013, 3:35 PM

a win at Clemson to stay (or start) the NC hunt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Aug 13, 2013, 3:37 PM

But you can bet that we're going to keep hearing such a thing until game day

If Ga loses to us but goes on to win the rest of their games

Aug 13, 2013, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Dawgs aren't looking past Clemson. They need ]

and the SEC championship, they will most likely be in the NC game. We on the other hand would probably be overlooked since we are not in the SEC.

I hope their inexperience on defense shows, but I also hope they learn quickly and after losing to us, they turn around and defeat SC.

Re: If Ga loses to us but goes on to win the rest of their games

Aug 13, 2013, 4:23 PM

As Dabo would say, you can't ignore greatness!!! And if we win all our games, we won't be over looked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2013, 6:08 PM

Let's win this first one, and then entertain delusiions of grandeur.

Aug 13, 2013, 4:41 PM [ in reply to If Ga loses to us but goes on to win the rest of their games ]

I don't think we would be overlooked if our only loss was in the season opener to Georgia. It would just come down to the number of undefeated teams remaining, if any.

Re: Dawgs aren't looking past Clemson. They need

Aug 13, 2013, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Dawgs aren't looking past Clemson. They need ]

And so do we even if we're not in the special ESECPN conference.

Aug 13, 2013, 6:12 PM

Looking past us?? They will in here breathing fire, especially because of some ill-advised statements by one or more of our players.

They only need to win the East, and SEC Champinionship Game

Aug 13, 2013, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Dawgs aren't looking past Clemson. They need ]

it is really immaterial whetehr they beat us or not. The SEC Champ will be in the MNC game - always is.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with the other comments - it's hard to imagine

Aug 13, 2013, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Dawgs aren't looking past Clemson. They need ]

any one loss SEC champion NOT being in the national championship game. Whether Bama or UGA, only one loss, especially outside of the SEC, won't keep either from the final.

Sorry, but I don't buy the ESPiN propaganda. Bama has a

Aug 13, 2013, 6:06 PM

pathetic cakewalk schedule this year. If based off last year's results, their opponents records put them at #104. Let's not leave Ohio State out; #102. Also, Bama has a week off before their only 2 ranked teams...TAMU and LSU. They're doing their best to get Manziel to have to sit it out and we all know that LSU lost 8 D players to the NFL. So who do they really have to play? The BCS has always weighted the rankings based on strength of schedule. How will they spin it this year? SEC, SEC, SEC.... but only the dregs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2013, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Dawgs aren't looking past Clemson. They need ]

I really don't know how we are favored to win this game, and that worries me. Once again our defensive secondary is "decimated." And this, against one of the top quarterbacks in the country, augmented by an excellent offensive line. the two top running backs in the country, and an excellent receiving corps led by two All-American tight ends. Now, apparently we have doubts at defensive end----apparently some highly touted players simply haven't stepped up. RE: UGA's defense, and all the players they lost, has anyone noticed that they've been replaced by 5 star redshirt freshmen, all of whom are North of 300 lbs. I am hoping for a win, but guys this is a top-five freight train of a team coming in here on the 31st. We will have to play our A+ game in order to have a chance. Can we do that without a decent defensive secondary? I hope so, but let's get down to earth; we should be a 14 point underdog. I'd love it.

Get the cyanide tabs out.... Never mind. Clemson by 10+.***

Aug 13, 2013, 6:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2013, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Dawgs aren't looking past Clemson. They need ]

interesting comments, not positive...but if you've been a Clemson alum, fan, follower for long enough you can't deny reason for apprehension...EXCEPT that I think THIS team, it's coaches, OUR players, are sick of all this negative underachiever shizz & will be triumphant once again!!! (finally, whew...)

GO TIGERS!!!!

I'm clairvoyant ;)

Re: If they're looking ahead to SC then they aren't a good team

Aug 13, 2013, 4:20 PM [ in reply to If they're looking ahead to SC then they aren't a good team ]

AMEN!!!

we shall see

Aug 13, 2013, 5:46 PM

What happens when the clock hits zero on aug 31. I believe we come out with a W but its not going to be easy. We've got to ay better than we did at any point last season. If the offense doesn't sustain drives and the defense ends up on the field the whole game like the carolina game were going to meet the same fate. Control the clock like we did against lsu and were going to put them away.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic