Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Pollack = greatest commentator in the multiverse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

David Pollack = greatest commentator in the multiverse

Oct 2, 2015, 5:51 PM

Anyone see what he said on ESPNU? Said Clemson is a national power and "Clemsoning" is long gone. He always gives us love. It was pretty sweet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David Pollack = greatest commentator in the multiverse

Oct 2, 2015, 5:54 PM

Yes he said Clemson has nothing to prove to him and that we would also be competing for a playoff spot for many years to come. Go Tigers! Finally got one SEC Homer convinced.

Oct 2, 2015, 5:59 PM

I totally agree (and not just because he gives us love). He is knowledgeable and has an infectious kid-like enthusiasm for the game. I'm happy for him that after a career ending injury, he can still find so much joy covering the game he loves

He's also one of the biggest homers out there

Oct 2, 2015, 6:00 PM

constantly pumping the SEC and downgrading the other conferences in comparison.

Disagree - see him as objective with fair sharp analysis***

Oct 2, 2015, 7:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong...always been a decent guy even when...

Oct 2, 2015, 7:41 PM [ in reply to He's also one of the biggest homers out there ]

playing for the Dawgs.

Re: He's also one of the biggest homers out there

Oct 3, 2015, 10:39 AM [ in reply to He's also one of the biggest homers out there ]

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. From my experience, Pollack has been extremely fair & balanced with his assessments.

Don't confuse SEC praise for SEC homerism. The SEC does deserve praise...the problem is when people act as if it's infallible. To me, guys like Pollack and Herby have done a great job assessing teams regardless of their conference.

he and Herbie are the best commentators by far***

Oct 2, 2015, 6:05 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I totally agree

Oct 2, 2015, 6:42 PM

I also like Danny Kanell, even though he's an FSU guy

Kanell is almost always pro-Tigers***

Oct 3, 2015, 10:40 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'm gonna be honest...

Oct 2, 2015, 6:08 PM

I'v never listened to Pollack and felt like he was saying something out of bias. He's been harsh on Georgia at times as well. I think he's one of the most genuine, unbiased commentators out there.

He's the only one on ESPiN that's seen us play.***

Oct 2, 2015, 6:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any only one to actually play a game in DV? Is that

Oct 2, 2015, 6:53 PM

correct?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2015, 6:31 PM

He just simply KNOWS the game of football .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luginbill & Kanell

Oct 2, 2015, 6:33 PM

Tom Luginbill gives us a lot of love & to an extent Danny Kanell does too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Just because a commentator "gives love" to Clemson.....

Oct 2, 2015, 6:40 PM

doesn't make him or her a great or even good commentator.

Pollack was one of the biggest SEC West pumpers last season and even after the terrible bowl season they had I've still heard him go on and on about them this year.

Anybody in the media that is constantly playing the conference card and claiming these SEC teams play brutal schedules and get the benefit of the doubt because of it is not an unbiased commentator in my opinion.

Re: Just because a commentator "gives love" to Clemson.....

Oct 2, 2015, 8:18 PM

In my Clemson-centric world, giving Clemson love counts for A LOT. I also think he is pretty fair and straightforward. I would expect some UGa bias in him, but there isn't really too much.

Pollack and Herbie are both pretty fair

Oct 2, 2015, 6:59 PM

He has always been a fan of the VB defense especially. Is he a bit biased to the SEC, especially Uga? I think so, but let's be realistic. The 3rd or 4th place team in the west would probably win the coastal most years. I get as tired of the SEC love fest as much as anyone, but the truth is its a legit conference and top to bottom still the best. While like the ACC, their bottom is as bad as any, the tip has a lot of good teams. Most of the other conferences are like the ACC, a Ohio state/Michigan St/ UCLA at the top, then a ok couple 2nd tier, the rest pretty bad.

Re: Pollack and Herbie are both pretty fair

Oct 2, 2015, 7:26 PM

Everybody recognizes the SEC is the best conference in football just like everybody recognizes the ACC is the best in basketball but you don't hear Jay Bilas and #### Vitale going on and on about it every time they cover a game.

It doesn't need to be said a thousand times that the SEC West is the best division. They have a chance to prove it at the end of the season in bowl games. But, all year we hear how tough these schedules are for Bama and LSU and how lower tier teams in the SEC are so much better than lower tier teams in other conferences which is not always true and the last 3 or 4 years the SEC has been terrible in the major bowl games.

Oct 2, 2015, 7:34 PM

Totally agree. My point is for some of the more rabid. I dislike hearing about the espSEC as much as the anyone but I try to be unbiased. Some I see on here act like they are so over rated that Wake would win the East. That's as foolish as the blind SEC homerism

Oct 3, 2015, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Pollack and Herbie are both pretty fair ]

Big East fans would disagree with you on your basketball observation. All of this is a matter of perspective. We're all fans and that makes objectivity hard.

It's like with your kids. Obviously lots of people have ugly kids because there are lots of ugly grownups. But no parent thinks their kids are ugly. And lord help the person that tells a parent their kid is ugly. Even if the kid is objectively ugly.

Re: I have always liked that boy even before he took that

Oct 2, 2015, 7:35 PM

ball off the #### qb finger tips.

Re: I have always liked that boy even before he took that

Oct 3, 2015, 10:34 AM

Yeah he always gets a pass from me for that one play.

Oct 2, 2015, 7:41 PM

I saw him earlier on campus going to play basketball at jervey. I said whose gonna win tomorrow he said one of two teams I said ah come on man the orange team or the gold team and he said I got the orange team!

Oct 2, 2015, 7:43 PM

TU from me for that one!

Re: David Pollack = just picked the Irish on TV***

Oct 3, 2015, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: David Pollack = greatest commentator in the multiverse ]

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Oct 3, 2015, 9:39 AM

I'll always like Pollack because of that play at USUC where he took the ball right off of their QB's hands in the endzone for a TD. That was possibly the best play I've ever seen.

David Pollack was a BEAST when he was at UGA.

Oct 3, 2015, 10:20 AM

David Pollack was a BEAST when he played at UGA. To look at him now it is hard to believe it is the same guy. I like him as a commentator and GameDay host, and believe he has usually spoken highly of Clemson.
Stay wet (i.e. go to the game tonight!), and as always...Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic