Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Take a moment and go read the transcript from Dabos presser a few minutes ago.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 4,540

Take a moment and go read the transcript from Dabos presser a few minutes ago.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:37 PM

There are a few journalists who have to be feeling hot on the ol seat right now. And should be too.

Yes it’s our rival and we want to play to perfection, but it is unflattering to the players who work hard all year. 12-0 is awesome and what we’ve done the last 8 years has been crazy, best I’ve seen the last 40 years. For that I say to Dabo, the coaching staff and all the players who’ve had a hand in it........
“Thank-you”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David Hood owes the team an apology.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:41 PM

Love his work and dedication to the team but he was seriously out of line with his column. Glad Dabo called him out on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David Hood owes the team an apology.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:44 PM

And that stupid article needs to be removed from the site. Other sites have provided a link to it so everyone will know who wrote the article

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David Hood owes the team an apology.

Nov 25, 2018, 6:01 PM [ in reply to David Hood owes the team an apology. ]

Yeah David Hood Apologize!
Dabo Is the best thing that ever happened to Clemson!
Now I am sure he will use his bully pulpit to come critizie me , that’s ok he still wrote the article that ticked off the best coach in Football!

How does Batson get a pass on this?

Nov 25, 2018, 6:05 PM [ in reply to David Hood owes the team an apology. ]

Fire Batson! Anybody?

Pretty sure that was directed at the article on this site.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:52 PM

"When a win feels like a loss."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

And to David Hood's credit...he didn't say that

Nov 25, 2018, 5:57 PM

He was quoting a fan he talked to after the game.

Re: And to David Hood's credit...he didn't say that

Nov 25, 2018, 5:59 PM

And published it for the world to see

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Heard one ####### fan and ran with it as.....

Nov 25, 2018, 6:16 PM

representative of entire fanbase. Irresponsible journalism.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that makes any sort of difference how?

Nov 25, 2018, 6:00 PM [ in reply to And to David Hood's credit...he didn't say that ]

Next time I'm caught stirring the rumor mill ill make sure to backtrack by claiming it was my friends idea.

Just clarifying.

Nov 25, 2018, 6:01 PM

I don't want to get in the way of any torch or pitchfork carrying.

Re: Just clarifying.

Nov 25, 2018, 6:54 PM

"Shenanigans" - Kyle Broflovski

Whoa whoa whoa. Look, I’m sorry if Hood’s headline upset

Nov 25, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to And that makes any sort of difference how? ]

Dabo, and I would bet that wasn’t Hood’s intent. But he’s done great work for this site, and if he says that was a quote from someone else, he’s earned our faith that that is the case.

Plus, the entire article was completely fair. It spoke to how crazy it is to win but three touchdowns and feel that way. It spoke to how great the offense was. And it spoke to how the defensive performance won’t cut it in the playoffs.

What about that deserves anyone’s anger?

I like what Dabo said and he’s right, but at worst Hood is guilty of a slightly too harsh headline for the game. No biggie.

null

Performance vs SC

Nov 25, 2018, 6:13 PM

I think Dabo is right and many of concerned fans are right also....
1) We are and should be delighted 5 in a row vs. our in state rivals. 12-0. Sr. Class 52 wins plus opportunity for more. And an outstanding run over the last 4 years. More than any of us would have dreamed possible 5-10 years ago.
2) We are concerned that we fix the issues in the secondary.......and it was clear last night there are some issues.
WE WANT THIS SO WE WILL WIN THE NC AND BE FIRST 15-0 TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY.
GO TIGERS

Re: Take a moment and go read the transcript from Dabos presser a few minutes ago.

Nov 25, 2018, 6:18 PM

It's David's job to write it and it's Dabo's job/obligation to get ticked off. The way I see it each one is doing their job.

Re: Take a moment and go read the transcript from Dabos presser a few minutes ago.

Nov 25, 2018, 6:24 PM

You seriously think the vast majority of loyal Clemson followers feel the way David Hood projected?

The only people who feel that way are ones that can’t see the forest for the trees and the ones who are not loyal to Clemson but to a winning team. I would imagine they cheer for UNC basketball or the like. There’s a difference in loyalty to the school and loyalty to a winning team. The latter make the worst type of fans.

Nov 25, 2018, 7:35 PM

No, I certainly don't, but being disappointed in the way the defense played (or was coached) is much much different than being disappointed with the program or the players work and dedication. I think David was saying what he may have heard from a number of fans. I was at the game and I didn't hear anyone who was disappointed with the win or margin of victory, but heard a number of comments about our defense. I guess David did too.

Replies: 16
| visibility 4,540
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic