Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Danny Ford wouldn't last very long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Danny Ford wouldn't last very long

Oct 15, 2019, 9:29 PM

as a head coach today. I imagine he would end up as the lead story on Fox News in less than a week. Crazy thing about it, his players would run through a brick wall for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Danny Ford wouldn't last very long

Oct 15, 2019, 9:39 PM

Florida St. players would love for him to coach them now, isn't he growing hemp!

Oct 15, 2019, 9:57 PM

I would of followed him on D day with a pocket knife.

Oct 16, 2019, 12:47 AM

Danny Ford was a dang good HC in his day with the type of FB that was played back in his time, and he won a lot of great games as the Clemson Tigers HC, and I very much appreciate every win he helped to win at Clemson. In Danny's time, I wouldn't (just like Dabo) have traded him for any other HC in college FB in his time, and Danny Ford was the face of Clemson FB just as Dabo is now. But no, his style of FB couldn't win any NCGs in this day and time with the way college FB is being played now. Back in the Danny Ford days, it was option FB and very big and strong RBs, and added in a a big strong defense, and in Danny's days, that was the main ingredients for championship FB, and Danny became a master at running that type of FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was talking about Danny's fire and the snow

Oct 16, 2019, 6:56 AM

flake media today. Danny was old school tough and the fakes of our day would not tolerate him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Danny Ford; and who's to say

Oct 16, 2019, 6:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Danny Ford wouldn't last very long ]

He wouldn't have changed with the times and adapted the style of football he coached to continue winning. Danny was a good recruiter who kept good assistants. He was not the same type manager as Dabo but he also knew every facet of the game and made sure his philosophy was relayed down to the players. Remember, he was an o-lineman at AL and everyone knows o-linemen are the smartest players on the field. I remember his special teams being the best 11 people on the team and his love of playing "with reckless abandon". Remember even Coach Howard changed his offense and regained some national prominence. So who's to say....

He didn't last long enough as it was because he did what

Oct 16, 2019, 8:07 AM

Dabo did (to the administration.)

Let's not make it sound like coach Ford was constantly

Oct 16, 2019, 8:57 AM

berating players on the sideline and be animated doing it. He had the ability to say something and you knew he was serious. It's just one more reason guys would run through a brick wall for him. Guys had the relationship with him that they did out of respect, not fear. You didn't want to disappoint him. You knew he could/would kick your ### but the fact he had your back heavily outweighed that. I don't remember a lot of scenes on the sideline where he layed into somebody unless it was a ref.

Good God.. Are we still talking about the bs?***

Oct 16, 2019, 9:01 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic