Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dang..will we ever see a Nuk OR Sammy again at Tigertown?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,666

Dang..will we ever see a Nuk OR Sammy again at Tigertown?!

Feb 7, 2014, 12:53 PM

I've just looked at some of Sammy's OB tape..and he was a hoss all the way..and had to impress the Buckeyes too.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang..will we ever see a Nuk OR Sammy again at Tigertown?!

Feb 7, 2014, 12:56 PM

mike williams is VERY good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was about to say the same thing

Feb 7, 2014, 12:59 PM

Williams is going to be special.

I bet you a rum&coke they both show up here...

Feb 7, 2014, 12:58 PM

when they play in Atlanta or they have a bye week. I'll drive down to Charleston and pay that bet just to get to meet you, Bill.

Don't worry, I'm back in the closet to stay!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What??? Did someone say Rum & Coke! GoTiGERS!

Feb 7, 2014, 1:32 PM

Beat the Dawgs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy probably not. Williams and Kitt are close to Nuk

Feb 7, 2014, 1:01 PM

in terms of their style of play. Many aren't recognizing but Williams freshmen season is very similar to Nuk's when he got here and that's playing behind Sammy, Bryant, and Humphries.

Feb 7, 2014, 1:09 PM

I think Williams, Kitt AND Scott could put up Nuk's numbers. Not sure if anyone will bust in the scene like Sammy did though. As far as being IN Clemson, Nuk's there now!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2014, 1:12 PM

Scott has a really good chance to reach that same level.. But I think if we can land George Campbell from the same school as Artavis, we could possibly see a receiver just as good if not better than any we have ever had here..

much rather have another spiller than sammy or nuk

Feb 7, 2014, 1:18 PM

It was fun watching #2 and #6 but #28 was jaw dropping type of player. Sammy was there too but CJ never had a sophomore slump. I would seriously consider giving my left ######## to see CJ play again in DV.

Have wondered that but then considered whether or not

Feb 7, 2014, 1:25 PM

Tigertown is responsible for those 2- will see here soon I suppose.

Feb 7, 2014, 2:02 PM

I'm not sure we'll see someone quite as dynamic as Sammy, since he's just so elite, but we could be close. I could see a guy like Germone Hopper or Artavis Scott really do well and they are of a similar style. I could sort of see them being similar to the way Andre Ellington was after CJ Spiller left...perhaps even better than that.

One thing that was much different between these situations was when Nuk and Sammy started, we had a bare cabinet at WR. If you guys remember, in 2009 our receivers couldn't even catch a football. Nuk did alright, but nothing super-incredible (though you could see flashes of him being great).

Conversely, we've currently got like 8 4/5-star wide receivers on our roster. We are absolutely stacked at the position, so it makes it that much more difficult for one guy to come in like Sammy did and just blow the world up.

Feb 7, 2014, 2:32 PM

wait i know the answer to this! yes we will if we sign all 5 stars!!!

Nuk different due to hands & routes; Sammy w/burst of speed

Feb 7, 2014, 3:13 PM

after catching the ball. Both were different but unique in their own ways..which #1 was too. GoTiGERS!

Thing is

Feb 7, 2014, 3:15 PM

Nuk was just as productive as Sammy was if not more so especially his junior year. Difference is Sammy, like CJ, just jump off the page because of their speed & elusiveness. You just don't see many Sammy's & Spillers, they come around ever so often. Only player I've seen in college that reminded me of CJ was Reggie Bush. He got Kardashianized though and sucked at the NFL level until the last few years :) We will be just fine at the WR spot for years to come! WR U , right?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,666
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic