Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Dabo and his response thing is not going away, so
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

The Dabo and his response thing is not going away, so

Jun 8, 2020, 1:33 PM

When Dabo responds and may express regret for not responding better or not seeing it all- will we support and believe his statement as sincerely from him or chalk it up to being forced by the liberal media to say something he didn’t want to say? Will we back his statement or will we war with and attack the media?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't think he will....

Jun 8, 2020, 1:43 PM

FFR applied pressure and it went away.

The university stood behind him then and they will stand behind him now.

You may be right, but I don't think it will happen.

Dabo's works speak louder than his words. And I'm not talking about the wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't think he will....

Jun 8, 2020, 4:45 PM

Yep

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't we let things actually happen, instead of

Jun 8, 2020, 1:45 PM

committing to a response of a hypothetical?

null

You are the 1st person I have seen question Dabo's sincerity

Jun 8, 2020, 1:52 PM

You may not see his words as sincere but everybody else will.

It is one of Dabo's defining character traits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn’t question his words as sincere- read again- I was

Jun 8, 2020, 1:59 PM

Asking if he responds with regret ala Drew Brees- will we accept it as being forced by media. I’ve met And spoken to the man personally at the football operations building a number of times and heard him after the Notre dame monsoon game in the locker room with his players and with recruits and their families at the west end zone back in the day and at an FCA event. The guy is consistent from what I can tell. I don’t question his sincerity!! I question whether we will be able to stomach or if he repents or shows regrets for missing something?

So, if Dabo expresses regret, you will assume he's insincere

Jun 8, 2020, 2:13 PM

and won't "be able to stomach it."

If history is our guide, I have confidence that Dabo has amazing empathy and his words will be carefully chosen and sincere.

You may have met the "guy", but you don't know Dabo***

Jun 8, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to I didn’t question his words as sincere- read again- I was ]

I believe he is authentic based on the different settings I’ve experienced him in!!!

Jun 8, 2020, 3:02 PM

Wow!! I think I made it clear that he was consistent from what I know and what my friends who are and have been coaches say and a friend of mine who was his neighbor and friends. But, no I don’t know him like a good friend or something. Never claimed that. Based on WHAT I DO know- he is sincere and authentic was my point. I may not be writing well today. I’m sorry

Will the backlash against recruiting, winning, etc.

Jun 8, 2020, 1:54 PM

Be worth his silence in your opinions. In this day and age- you might not be able to have it both ways. My sons are teenagers and one is a 2022 all conference LB in Pearmans recruiting area. Though he may not even be good enough to be offered- these kids are sponges for what’s on social media in a way that folks our age are not. My sons have been raised well enough not to fall for everything and anything out there and they are not afraid to go against the status quo but trust me as two AA teenage boys they are being called to wrestle with this stuff. I love my Alma mater and don’t want to be maligned as insensitive but right or wrong in your opinion “the goal posts have been moving” and this latest round of issues is simply affirming that. Can we survive it and will building names staying the same and standing in a certain way in response be worth it for us fans. Just not sure we can have it both ways- that’s all. I’m just wondering- not judging or deciding.

You should know by now that Dabo is never

Jun 8, 2020, 2:06 PM

insincere about anything he says. If he decides to speak publicly about anything, it won't be forced and it will be sincere.

If he doesn't want to address something that happened 3 years ago and has already been handled, then he doesn't have to. If your son has a concern about that, he should talk to the players on the team if he's being recruited by Clemson. That goes for any team he's recruited for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My son camped at clemson and has met coaches and staff...

Jun 8, 2020, 3:08 PM

And has nothing but love and respect for clemson, coaches and Dabo. I never intended to imply that he questioned whether Dabo missed it or whether Pearman is to be trusted- I was just saying that the media is putting pressure in young AA’s who are recruited and fans of clemson to DEFEND their choices to people who are being affected negatively by the press- just like clemson players are doing now. I’m sure this can be exhausting. I am getting it from some of my white and black friends in being a Dabo supporter!! If I’m getting it as a 48 year old alumnus and tigerband 4 years (never missed a football, basketball pep band never missed a men’s or women’s game in all 4 years person)- it’s gotta be hard for young men. Please don’t be smart butts and tell me I need new friends and all of that crap. Save it. Or that my friends are coots... I know, I know already TigerNet how y’all do!!!!

Re: My son camped at clemson and has met coaches and staff...

Jun 8, 2020, 3:43 PM

Sorry, but if your friends (black and white) are pressuring you to defend Dabo, you need to reevaluate who you are calling a friend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would never ask Dabo to parrot what he is expected to say

Jun 8, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Will the backlash against recruiting, winning, etc. ]

in the name of getting recruits or winning championships. He deserves better than that.

null

breaking news..i'm guessing you missed it

Jun 8, 2020, 2:04 PM

Dabo, on Monday: "First and foremost I know that we are all hurting for the Floyd family and our country. I can speak for our entire staff and our team in that regard for sure. We have all witnessed just disgusting acts of evil. That’s really the only word I can appropriately use.

What I know as I approach everything from a perspective of faith is that where there are people, there’s going to be hate, there’s going to be racism and greed and jealousy and crime and so on because we live in a sinful fallen world. We’ve had so much bad news."

Im not sure what we're talking about. Was he supposed graffiti the oculus as well?

Re: breaking news..i'm guessing you missed it

Jun 8, 2020, 2:14 PM

If he'd have burned a flag right there he'd be a media hero right now. Unfortunately he didn't so his statement is under a cloud of suspicion.

None of the above.....

Jun 8, 2020, 2:12 PM

I believe (could be wrong) that a lot is going on behind the scenes. This seems to be supported by hints given out by his players on Twitter

I would bet (again, could be wrong) that instead of bowing down to pressure from those who have NO CLUE or those with other self-serving motivations, that instead of just saying something quickly that is generic and has no substance or real actionable items behind it, that there are some real discussions going on to gain perspective and then to implement real change....much like the numerous programs Dabo put into place well before all this started. For example the Call Me Mister program, All-In Foundation, etc....

Dabo already called the Floyd incident evil...and I totally agree with his desire that we should all turn to God. Again, could be wrong, but I'm guessing that Dabo's approach, as he has said, is to listen and learn...rather than throwing up CYA statements like most have. And then actually implementing things that will actually lead to real change.....much like his numerous existing programs (All-In Foundation, Call Me Mister, etc...).

Talk is REAL cheap. Let's see what actually happens rather than what is quickly said to CYA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not everyone is a coward

Jun 8, 2020, 2:16 PM

Dabo will speak if when he wants to

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RE: the earlier post by El Tigre 1.... he has already spoken

Jun 8, 2020, 6:31 PM

is this the twilight zone or something?

I must have worded this poorly. FAIL!! I’m sorry. Not ?ing his sincerity...

Jun 8, 2020, 2:57 PM

My fault if any thought I was questioning his sincerity. Just wondering about the different types of fallout

Re: I must have worded this poorly. FAIL!! I’m sorry. Not ?ing his sincerity...

Jun 8, 2020, 3:07 PM

There won’t be any fall out because nothing to see.
This whole thing is a very sick joke that will only backfire on the ones who started it .
That’s all !

I read it right...

Jun 8, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I must have worded this poorly. FAIL!! I’m sorry. Not ?ing his sincerity... ]

for a change...

my original response didn't really answer your question...

If Dabo is forced to make a statement, he will measure his words carefully...probably throw in a lot of Scripture. Dabo firmly believes that he has been given his platform to point people to Jesus. That is what he will do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HB, It seems like you really WANT Negative Recruiting, etc

Jun 8, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to I must have worded this poorly. FAIL!! I’m sorry. Not ?ing his sincerity... ]

And are REAL BIG on Symbolism over Substance! Dabo’s actions, behavior and the way (Culture) he runs the program far, far outweigh any Canned statement. WHY is it so important to you that he make a statement? A statement WILL NOT change existing laws on the books or affect legislative funding, police training reforms in some of the troubled departments, etc., etc.

Huh?!! I actually DON’T WANT Negative Recruiting, etc

Jun 8, 2020, 3:18 PM

I want this to not be used against us or my coach!! There’s no better program for a young man to grow in manhood and sportsmanship.

Good lawd, HB merely saying there’s a negative narrative

Jun 8, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to HB, It seems like you really WANT Negative Recruiting, etc ]

out there. He has gone out of his way to say he’s not endorsing it, propagating it or even believes it in any way.

It is likely at some point, Dabo will have additional comments. He simply wondering what will be said and how various groups will respond?

It is speculative but not sure there’s a hidden or nefarious agenda.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good lawd, HB merely saying there’s a negative narrative

Jun 8, 2020, 5:01 PM

I think bringing the topic up winks at propagation, intentions be ######.

The focus on our countries issues relative to racial discrimination is its own, not Dabo’s and I’m more than a little leery of those that seem to want to continue to perpetuate there being a relationship on a Clemson football message board.

Tweet that! ??

Re: The Dabo and his response thing is not going away, so

Jun 8, 2020, 3:11 PM

Tell em coot!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Real thoughtful!! Never seen the tell em coot tactic before.. you’re brilliant!!

Jun 8, 2020, 3:15 PM

Think. Please.

Jun 8, 2020, 4:34 PM

Two answers:

1) I'm not totally sure it's an either/or scenario. Many leaders are being pushed--coerced or manipulated may be too strong a word this time, but sometimes coercion occurs in what should be matters of conscience--into making public statements in order to avoid the prospect of a divided locker room and prevent being investigated by the Committee of Public Safety (historical reference, not literal yet but may be soon.) It doesn't mean they are insincere. It means that the preseason camp hasn't started yet, so if putting time and effort and conscientiousness into this issue helps a team stay united, that's a pretty mild commitment to ask of a D1 coach.

In other words, a public statement doesn't mean a coach is down for the struggle.

I doubt Dabo would do that because he's an ALL IN OR NOT AT ALL kinda guy.

2) Drew Brees got himself in trouble by stating that his biggest concern--respect for the flag--is contradicted by the protests. He has since been re-educated to understand that his previous sense of right and wrong is immoral. One of the best role models in the NFL has been told that he is a failure as a father and role model for his boys because he didn't care enough to educate himself about racial inequality. So much for freedom of conscience.

Mrs Brees has now apologized for her errors in failing to understand that the words of MLK, Jr are equal to the words of Jesus; that it is actually God himself who expects her to do what MLK, Jr advises.

Dabo won't do that. Dabo has said all along that the evil that provoked the protests reflect the fact that we live in a sinful world that will never be "okay" until the return of Christ. He has not stated that the protests contradict his personal mission; in fact, he says they agree with his mission.

However, if a person walks in a protest, what exactly are they endorsing? Coach Scott and most of his USF team marched yesterday in Tampa; what were they saying? "Cops are bad"? "Brutality is bad"? "Crime is bad"? "I love my black teammates"? "We are equal, so we should be treated so"? Or is it simply "Let's talk"?

Whatever the South Florida guys said or wherever they walked, it didn't keep 41-year old former UF star Reche Caldwell from getting murdered in the same city the same day. Walking was pretty ineffective at saving that life. No cop involved. Too bad.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Dabo joins a protest march one day. But if he ever does, he will make very sure that his walk will not be misconstrued. He has no desire to shame or criticize law enforcement. At this point, it's still probably easier to explain not marching than marching, since so many of his actions get misrepresented by gum-flapping media types.

Jun 8, 2020, 4:38 PM

Dabo's players are saying all that needs to be said, and they know him better than most any of us or anybody in the media or at coot-U. It seems like you HBROWN, has had more to say than anybody on T-Net. And Dabo proves everyday what side of the line he stands on, and he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody by making a statement bc if people don't know who he is by now, a statement will won't prove anything. I would bet my life that Dabo hates what has went on in out country, and he has prayed about more than we have talked about it!!!! In Dabo I trust that he has never been a racist man in anyway shape or form!!! This says a lot about who Dabo is, and ask Woody if he believes that Dabo is Racist!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phKeVIz0pPk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would imagine, that regardless of what he says, you will

Jun 8, 2020, 4:42 PM

still whine

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of whining...***

Jun 8, 2020, 4:44 PM

yes, by all means, speak on it***

Jun 8, 2020, 4:46 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, you mad, bro? You sound like Bunker Boy***

Jun 8, 2020, 5:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang, you mad, bro? You sound like Bunker Boy***

Jun 8, 2020, 5:28 PM

Sincerity can not be determined by words uttered to please the crowds. Sincerity is determined by the life we lead, what we do when no one is looking.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang, you mad, bro? You sound like Bunker Boy***

Jun 8, 2020, 5:52 PM

Post of the day, Joe!

i just don't understand....Dabo would be the last person i

Jun 8, 2020, 6:37 PM

would ever implicate as a racist...i mean come on! Stop giving those with no facts (bomani and Jalen) any credence in this. they are there to instigate. And they don't know Dabo nor care to know him. They obviously have done absolutely zero research on him...and the fact that you keep perpetrating their limp-wristed attempts at sewing discord is sad. Dabo made his statement. The problem is he gave an Eternal answer that implicates sin as the culprit for all this which once we all pass away will make a ton more sense than it does in the days of BLM and Antifa.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic