Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got to work in Sumter on the 13th anybody know of a good place to watch the game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Got to work in Sumter on the 13th anybody know of a good place to watch the game?

Jan 6, 2020, 12:50 PM

Any viewing parties or Clemson clubs or anything down that way? And thanks ahead of time for any suggestions go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, you in the middle of Lamecock Landfill country.

Jan 6, 2020, 3:05 PM

Be's careful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang, you in the middle of Lamecock Landfill country.

Jan 6, 2020, 4:37 PM

I've already had to spend some time down there at the end of last year. Gamecock paraphernalia everywhere. But I do understand that their High School mascot is also a Gamecock. I believe

That's right, they infect them early around there.

Jan 6, 2020, 7:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They call it Dumpster for a reason!***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Dang, you in the middle of Lamecock Landfill country. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Got to work in Sumter on the 13th anybody know of a good place to watch the game?

Jan 6, 2020, 3:06 PM

That dump...

Re: Got to work in Sumter on the 13th anybody know of a good place to watch the game?

Jan 6, 2020, 4:42 PM

Hotel room is starting to look more inviting. Maybe Buffalo Wild Wings? there's a lot of screens in there. Their food sucks though. Had a very nice offer through T mail, but I'm going to have three other guys with me and I can't crash somebody's home, man cave party with four people.

Jan 6, 2020, 4:39 PM

Lee Brice's house.

Jan 6, 2020, 7:15 PM

There ain't no good places in Sumter period.

Jan 6, 2020, 7:29 PM

Dang. The old hometown isn't getting much love.

Sumter High School’s mascot is also the Gamecocks. Sumter is known as the Gamecock city after General Thomas Sumter, who was nicknamed Gamecock.

I would look at Buffalo Wild Wing or Sidebar, which is downtown. Better get to Sidebar early, though. Limited seating.

Yea, not many good places here unless you are a local. Lots of small places that aren't bad, but not many great places for people that don't know many people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 7:53 PM

I grew up in Sumter too.
Lots of Clemson fans if you are the right crowd.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Got to work in Sumter on the 13th anybody know of a good place to watch the game? ]

I wonder if j o Grady's will be having something going on over that way? you ever go over there? pretty good food for a pub

Jan 6, 2020, 8:52 PM

I wonder if j o Grady's will be having something going on over that way? you ever go over there? pretty good food for a pub

Yes. It is good. It is also downtown, and believe it or not, there are a couple of other decent places right there. Sidebar, Rooftop, O’Gradys, and even a new karaoke bar (but doubt you want to watch the game there). Hyatt Place downtown is nice and within two blocks of all of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She was a nice quiet town to grow up in . . .

Jan 6, 2020, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Got to work in Sumter on the 13th anybody know of a good place to watch the game? ]

back in the day . . . I've been gone since 1980 and I haven't a clue what's available . . .

+1 for the Willie Sue Restaurant reference . . .

There are coots everywhere down home . . . Some things never change!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She was a nice quiet town to grow up in . . .

Jan 6, 2020, 10:01 PM

Clemson extension, Sumter opened in ‘66 and had a good run, so a good number of Clemson alum are from the area. Coots couldn’t stand it and got it downgraded to a Uof6c campus.

Jan 6, 2020, 7:40 PM

I grew up in that area, and have a lot of family from there. Sumter used to be a great town, but drugs and Shaw AFB have changed the area dramatically.
That said, Willie Sue’s has great food and drinks, but you may be surrounded by a lot of new LSU fans, ie Coots.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:06 PM

Yeah I've been to Willie Sue's for food it's awesome, just not sure how much of a sports bar that have in there. I won't be drinking anyway. My co-workers might have a couple beers I don't know.

Jan 6, 2020, 9:07 PM

Myrtle Beach!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:18 PM

Find a national chain, Wildwings, Hooters, Applebees or something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:24 PM

Get you a room in Columbia and drive to Sumter, the coot fans are "All In" on women's basketball around here right now so you will be fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic