Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Radakovich - Man deserves some credit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Dan Radakovich - Man deserves some credit

Feb 4, 2018, 7:41 AM

While not familiar with the inner workings of our Athletic Department and their interaction with other entities impacting our sports programs, take a look at our sports trajectory since he came on board in 2012. In his six years of oversight, Football, Baseball, Soccer and Basketball have all dramatically improved. Good coaches, good players, good fortune, good fan support all play a huge part. But when you look at an organization's success? Never underestimate how important and impactful great leadership at the top is on every level of the business.

We should all buy Dan Radakovich a cold beer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done a good job so far but

Feb 4, 2018, 7:46 AM

Women's sports are the worst I remember. Track is the only one respectable I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Done a good job so far but

Feb 4, 2018, 7:52 AM

The only women's sport I remotely even care about is softball... And Dan made that happen... So...........

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I care about all sports***

Feb 4, 2018, 7:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I care about all sports***

Feb 4, 2018, 10:50 AM

No you don’t. Stop lying to yourself.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Who's your favorite women's cross country runner?*****

Feb 4, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to I care about all sports*** ]

Feb 4, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Done a good job so far but ]

Women’s soccer has been good under his watch. Hopeful WBB will right the ship soon with the new Littlejohn to recruit to.

I think the firing Jim Davis has consigned us to a 20 year walk in the wilderness reminiscent of our troubles in football in the years between Danny and Dabo.

Feb 4, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Done a good job so far but ]

> Women's sports are the worst I remember. Track is the
> only one respectable I think.

One thing the casual fan may not realize is we are behind in terms of revenue when compared to the SEC and B10. Seems we prioterize our investment so the sports which bring in revenue (the ones we really care about) are funded for success. The other sports are funded to parcipitate and hope for the best. Hopefully when the ACC network starts bringing in revenue we can properly support all sports

I would take an L in every single women's sporting event

Feb 4, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Done a good job so far but ]

for the rest of my life if it meant continued improvement in the men's sports

Does it matter?*****

Feb 4, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Done a good job so far but ]

Re: Dan Radakovich - Man deserves some credit

Feb 4, 2018, 7:51 AM

You need to take a look at girls' basketball!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2018, 8:42 AM

WE are NOT USuC I do not need to look at womens basketball.
Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Priorities are in order ...***

Feb 4, 2018, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Dan Radakovich - Man deserves some credit ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But what kind of beer? That question will spark controversy.***

Feb 4, 2018, 8:19 AM

Great Big One? see? controversy avoided***

Feb 4, 2018, 8:28 AM

Re: But what kind of beer? That question will spark controversy.***

Feb 4, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to But what kind of beer? That question will spark controversy.*** ]

With all the hours he puts in, he would probably appreciate coffee just as much as beer!

Stella is always good ... sometimes an Abita***

Feb 4, 2018, 2:23 PM [ in reply to But what kind of beer? That question will spark controversy.*** ]

Baseball improved???

Feb 4, 2018, 9:15 AM

Not really. It's about the same.

Re: Baseball improved???

Feb 4, 2018, 9:36 AM

So you telling me the last 5 years of Leggett barely squeaking into the tourney is the same as national seed hosting spots? Yes we haven't made past the first weekend the first 2 years of Monte but he won the ACC his first year hosted the first 2 years and is bringing in some nice talent. Monte has turned it around pretty quick and turned Clemson back into a top 15 program year in and year out. So yes compared to the last 5 years of Leggett's tenure, yes the baseball program has improved.

Re: Baseball improved??? Using Jack’s guys

Feb 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

Monte has done what he’s done with Jack’s recruits.

Let’s give him 5 years before we anoit him to greatness.

Jack wasn't doing as much with them...You can't argue that***

Feb 4, 2018, 11:43 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Feb 4, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball improved??? Using Jack’s guys ]

Yep.

Monte Has Done Better With Jack's Players Than Jack***

Feb 4, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball improved??? Using Jack’s guys ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball improved??? ]

Monte is doing it with players Jack recruited with help from newly renovated facilities on the way. Facilities and recruiting that Jack was not able to reap the benefits of but now Monte is. Comparing Monte to Jack is no good. The academic, scholarship and facility advantages that Monte now has make the 2 situations not comparable. Of the 3 big bats in the middle of the order this season, 2 of 3 were recruited by Jack. Monte may prove to be a great coach in his on time. But to anoint him now is too soon and comparing him to Jack is unfair comparison. Dabo built the football program,this AD did not hire him. Brad is mostly to thank for the resurgence of the men's basketball program this year. This AD did not hire him either, although he does deserve some credit for keeping Brad and the LJ facility upgrade which has helped recruiting. So far this AD cannot be said to have hired a successful coach, whether at Clemson or at GT.

Feb 4, 2018, 5:30 PM

He is responsible for the upgrading of facilities that all three sports are enjoying. He is responsible for visibly being involved and supporting these sports. He did bring in softball. Our President is also visibly present at our games and is recruiting. A lot of good things have happened at Clemson to help our coaches succeed whether he hired the coach or not

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

oh, oh, and what about being on the CFP comittee and getting

Feb 4, 2018, 9:57 AM

us in the playoffs - couldn't have done it without the inside job :)

Feb 4, 2018, 5:32 PM

For MBB and football, TDP deserves all that credit

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Feb 4, 2018, 5:53 PM

He really hasn’t changed much outside of Jack being replaced by Monty. Mostly other coaches the same which is arguably the hardest part. He has invested in new buildings etc though.

I’ll hold judgement. Honestly wasn’t a fan of TDP but he hired Dabo. Eating crow there but it’s more than paid off.

I agree, he has done a very good job.

Feb 4, 2018, 6:52 PM

Many people here weren't willing to give him a chance, and labeled him as a guy who put Georgia Tech into debt in the name of facility upgrades. Some also unfairly blamed him for Paul Hewitt's contract. In reality, he is a well-respected athletic director and I feel that his strengths are supporting his coaches and providing top facilities.

I liked TDP, but I have seen a definite improvement campus-wide in facilities. Our coaches seem to feel very well-supported by the administration, and Radakovich deserves a lot of credit for that. It is hard to argue with our improvement in football, soccer, baseball, and men's basketball in recent years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

This post just proves you'll never satisfy everyone

Feb 4, 2018, 7:03 PM

We have been ranked #1 at some point the last 3 years in football and with so many returning next year, may be pre-season #1 again. Out of nowhere, we are #2 in the ACC, top 20, #4 RPI in basketball, and many other sports are on the rise, and people are complaining about our women's sports.

The only people that look at women's sports are those the play and their families. It may hurt the ACC a little financially if we are struggling, but since we share in the conference revenues, it won't hurt us much, if any. It will have no impact on people applying to our school or our athletic reputation.

With all that said, I wish the best for our women's sports teams. I remember going to many events while a student to earn IPTAY points for men's basketball and football tickets. Women's volleyball was probably the most fun to watch when there were large crowds, with soccer right behind.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic