Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Lincoln Riley stay at OKLA?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,234

Will Lincoln Riley stay at OKLA?

Dec 20, 2019, 12:39 AM

I know every year - all year - there is plenty of talk about Riley as the coach a bunch of NFL teams want to hire.

I could be totally wrong, but it seems like this year, after the playoffs - he just might go. Just seems he's kinda going through the motions. Wondered if anyone else thought the same.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Lincoln Riley stay at OKLA?

Dec 20, 2019, 1:06 AM

Who knows, he didn’t recruit real well but it might just be a off year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dallas is looking for a fresh look and they have an athletic...

Dec 20, 2019, 2:04 AM

QB? I could totally see that happening. I think he needs another couple yrs as an HC but Jerry is getting desperate! Not a Cowboys fan at all but seems about right?

Re: Dallas is looking for a fresh look and they have an athletic...

Dec 20, 2019, 3:11 AM

Good points everyone.

Another question I have is - except for money - why would anyone want to be an HC under the micro-managing Jerry Jones? He's such a narcissist & megalomaniac (holding 30-60 min pressers after every game), his HCs are in title only. Jerry is clearly the HC AND owner (and he wonders why they suck most of the time).

Riley is very young, but seems to be his own man. If he ever goes to Dallas, it would have to be just for the money, 'cause he'd never really run the team. If he went there for a few years just to collect $100-$200 million, I could understand it - but I doubt he'd wanna stay long & ONLY to bankroll a gazillion bucks. On that basis - why not, I guess.

Jerry really needs to let it go and let someone be his general manager. But the problem is

Dec 20, 2019, 7:06 AM

The way he is built he would micromanage the manager. I’m not sure if he can ever let the folks below him handle it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got to be Yes man to coach for Jerry! Not sure if that fits

Dec 20, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Dallas is looking for a fresh look and they have an athletic... ]

Riley or not but most coaches worth anything wouldn't accept that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could see it. He could bolt for the NFL

Dec 20, 2019, 2:26 AM

Because eventually the Oklahoma fans won’t be happy with simply making the playoffs and losing each year. If he loses this year he will be 0-3 in the playoffs already. What if it got to 0-5 or worse?

Re: I could see it. He could bolt for the NFL

Dec 20, 2019, 3:00 AM

I promise you OU fans won't be calling for Lincoln Riley's head if they make the CFP the next 2 years and lose each time.

Not all fan bases are completely delusional. They realize their train is going downhill once Riley moves on.

reallY? You don't think he will start to get a reputation

Dec 20, 2019, 11:59 AM

as a choker on the big stage? Also your suggestion that Oklahoma as a fanbase is overall "not delusional" is incorrect. They have mighty high opinions of themselves overall, just because we do not see it first hand very much as Clemson fans in this region doesn't mean their fanbase is any more "mature" than others.

I am not saying they will call for his head, but the shine of him being a boy wonder perfect coach will lose a bit of its luster if he keeps losing in playoffs.

Dec 20, 2019, 7:03 AM

I hope so because as much as I think he is an up and coming College Head Coach if he leaves OU there is only one place he would be heading; "Big "D".
I am a Lifelong Cowboy fan since day I , and Jerry already has two strikes against him, IMO.
The first was firing Tom Landry(see below) and the second was firing Jimmy Johnson.
If he hires Lincoln, I may never see my "Pro" team back in the Super Bowl.

Postscript.
Landry needed to go. He was on the decline anyway.
I just didn't like the way Jerry handled it.

Dec 20, 2019, 9:13 AM

CFP is pretty good for going through the motions.

Riley is in a unique situation. He has had so much success

Dec 20, 2019, 9:18 AM

in college at such a young age, that he could give pro coaching a whirl, and STILL be a young coach coming back to the college ranks if it didn't work out. If he is ever going to seriously consider it, would be hard to find a better situation than the Cowboys. (And I HATE the Cowboys, but no denying they have potential on the offense, all they need is guidance.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,234
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic