Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dak Joyner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Dak Joyner

May 8, 2017, 9:44 AM

Wish the kid well, but he'd have an easier time to get to the NFL at another position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

That is sad. Different but reminds me of the decision

May 8, 2017, 9:48 AM

The vt qb deciding to go pros early could be career ending vs next year bet he'd have been drafted. Joyner could be sealing his fate from getting in the NFL even earlier. Sad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dak Joyner

May 8, 2017, 9:50 AM

Did he compete sunday? Didnt hear anything about him.

Yes he did.

May 8, 2017, 9:53 AM

Obviously he did not make the elite 11.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

May 8, 2017, 10:02 AM

Wish the young man luck but maybe this will open his eyes to the possibility of shifting positions. Go Tigers.

Which is EXACTLY what Clemson has been telling him***

May 8, 2017, 10:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i think he will still be a good QB in college

May 8, 2017, 10:08 AM

just not what we were looking for.

He'll do well at NCSU or VT in their offense but at Clemson he would need to change positions. We set out for Lawrence for a reason and it showed on Sunday in Charlotte. Dak is a good athlete which is why we offered him as an ATH

If he goes to VT

May 8, 2017, 10:48 AM

That would be a thorn in our side for a few years for sure.

NFL, not likely.

College Spread Read Option - kid will be just fine.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is down to NC State and SCar***

May 8, 2017, 12:58 PM [ in reply to i think he will still be a good QB in college ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe he should start with using the laces when he throws***

May 8, 2017, 10:18 AM

May 8, 2017, 11:41 AM

Some of you guys are starting to sound like Bama elitists. Look, as we've moved to the top, we're getting guys that are ahead of the "top guys" we used to get, and that changes things.

But in no way does that mean these "lesser" guys are not super talented. And simply because we don't see them as a fit for our team doesn't discredit what they bring to the table.

if this kid wants to give it a go at QB for another team, then great for him. It's his life and you only get 1 chance at doing what you love. Some of y'all acting like you know what's best for a 17 year old kid are a little much. I really hope our fanbase doesn't get dooshy like Bammer.

Brandon McIlwain should have ignored SCar

May 8, 2017, 11:51 AM

And listened to others.

He should not have passed on the MLB draft.

Re: Brandon McIlwain should have ignored SCar

May 8, 2017, 12:38 PM

Indeed, that kid was going to get drafted out of high school. Guaranteed.

Re: Brandon McIlwain should have ignored SCar

May 8, 2017, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Brandon McIlwain should have ignored SCar ]

True, now he has been exposed in both sports. At least with a nice signing bonus he would have been a step ahead. Now, it's not looking good.

May 8, 2017, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner ]

These are the types of players we were recruiting in the past and they were good prospects. Our level of recruiting has now reached a much higher level. Our class numbers have been so low, in effect, this has benefited the Gamecock's recruiting. In years past, we would have gladly taken Joyner as a QB. Our recent record is an attractive element for the top tier recruits and we are now at the stage we have to turn down recruits who may have not given us a sniff in the past.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2017, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner ]

We told the player the truth. There is no way that he would ever play qb at Clemson. His passing skills aren't great either. He would never beat out Trevor Lawrence the best qb prospect in the nation. We are elite as Alabama. Kids we would have taken years ago are not as good as what 4 and 5 star players we are getting now. It's a pleasant problem.

May 8, 2017, 7:43 PM

Probably scared of all that Clemson Defense around him. I guess that's proof enough he'll be a coot.

Dak Joyner seems to be a Great Fit for Clemson!

May 8, 2017, 8:17 PM

Unfortunately just not at QB for 2018! From a Selfish Standpoint, I wish he would come in as an ATH and let him establish a pathway to the NFL. He definitely has the Character that Clemson recruits and he would be a great Asset to our team. I hope if he does go the NCSU/SCU Route he stays healthy and has a chance at the next level! Good Luck Dak!

It's Kereon

May 8, 2017, 9:52 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic