Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo’s salary. Happy for him but was surprised to read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,784

Dabo’s salary. Happy for him but was surprised to read

Oct 25, 2017, 6:10 PM

that if we fire him he gets a $40 mm buyout but if he decides to leave he has to pay only $6 mm. Appears to me his agent pulled a fast one on us. Only schools that could afford to come after him would be big time power five schools...Alabama, Texas, Florida, Georgia, etc.. $6 mm is a drop in the bucket for them. I personally think both buy outs should be the same, $40 mm.

Just saying.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo’s salary. Happy for him but was surprised to read

Oct 25, 2017, 6:17 PM

I dont think its an issue...we would also see his big current salary freed up for a coach search if someone else grabbed him.

I am not a big fan of the big us buyout # but i guess its common in the field...

Both should be low / reasonable IMO with a huge salary like that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 6:28 PM

Like any negotiation who had leverage? Say Dabo days it's this or nothing? What's the AD going to do? What we think is fair to both sides isn't usually the reality or results. The deal is about leverage along with supply and demand. And you better not be scared to have your bluff callled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at it this way,

Oct 25, 2017, 6:25 PM

If a coach decides he wants to leave, would it be smart to use a buyout to make him stay? Next season, he could make you fire him.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:34 PM

This is another fake post.None of the babble in your post will happen,
at least in the next ten years.Pop a top and quit your trivial bull
crap.Go fishing.I will bet you whine like a girly man at work because
the coffee isn't hot enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps you should take you're own advice.***

Oct 25, 2017, 7:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It is surprising the difference in buyouts. Looks to me like the AD was All In

Oct 25, 2017, 7:03 PM

but Dabos agent left him an affordable out.
No suggestion that Dabos leaving at all, but interesting and vast difference between the two parties.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 25, 2017, 9:21 PM

Yeah, it's more than twice my buy out of nuthin! But seriously, there should be a state law. No university employee is worth that kind of money. Now everyone can rationalize it endlessly.

Oct 25, 2017, 11:50 PM

This money is to offset the potential for future loss of income, due to no fault of his own. At the present time, the demand for him warrants compensation which reflects his ability to impact a program and University as a whole. However, if the program were to take a step back or even struggle and he were fired, it would then affect his worth to a future employer. There are many reasons for a program faltering, that have little or nothing to do with the head coach. By entering into contract with Clemson, he has forfeited the opportunity elsewhere .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,784
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic