Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo's Dandy Dozen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Dabo's Dandy Dozen

Jan 13, 2015, 9:51 PM

Not a highly ranked class (mainly bc of only 12) but boy does Dabo know how to pick them - many big time contributors on this class:

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_500430.shtml#gsc.tab=0

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo's Dandy Dozen

Jan 13, 2015, 10:18 PM

That class had some player but only taking 12 and Clemson not taking jucos at the time set us back years. Just this year I think we were able to have depth and experience.

Jan 14, 2015, 12:40 AM

How did it set us back? Have your seen what he has recruited since that year? Maybe it was planned Dabo has said since taking the job that he is building for the long hall.. Sustained excellence. I feel sure there was a reason.

Set us back years compared to what?

Jan 14, 2015, 6:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo's Dandy Dozen ]

All we have done since that class was win the ACC, win the Atlantic twice and make Two bcs bowl appearances with one Orange bowl Victory. Not to mention beating LSU.(That is just as good as a bcs win in my book)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2015, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo's Dandy Dozen ]

Sumpin fishy about this poster. Never seems to quite get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2015, 7:47 AM

I get it yes there were a lot of good player for 12 player class, but that class should have been 20 something. We were under 85 for the next few years and no ol depth for awhile. I hope we never see the days of a 12 player class again. Your crazy if you do. Good programs spread out evenly there classes. This class was the start of the SC run. They signed a hell of a class that year and we were playing catch up with numbers. That's kinda the problem SC put themselfs in with the small class they got last year, but unlike us they are able to take juco to even it out.

Jan 14, 2015, 7:57 AM

I am not a coach or a football recruiter but I do know when you are building something it takes steps, some small some large. Some things take longer some are quick, but when the pieces come together it's ask worth it. If he would've filled that class worth juco we might not be where we are today could be better or could be worse. I like where we are today, the coots threw a team together and then went 7-6 we rebuilt our offense and went 10-3. Keep doing what ya doing if it's working

Jan 14, 2015, 8:02 AM

I agree with you just saying that class should have had 5 to 7 more playeplayer in it. What the cost are doing is trying to just fill spots. Thats why I said the best programs have even classes.

Jan 14, 2015, 8:45 AM

Please correct me if Im wrong but wasn't this the year where Dabo took over the team late and no one knew the direction the team was going coaching wise? How many decommitted when Bowden was let go? 12 man recruiting classes are a rarity, there were circumstances. Judging by Dabo's classes since then, Id say he gets it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2015, 10:30 PM

Holly CARP!

You, sir, are correct. All but Bryce turned-out to be very good - or great - players!!!

(And, Bryce, saw the writing on the wall with Sammy coming in.)

Jan 14, 2015, 6:50 AM

Good one man

Jan 14, 2015, 6:55 AM

Heck of a class

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive