Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo vs Saban Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Dabo vs Saban Recruiting

Jan 30, 2017, 9:53 AM

Last week Dabo went on a recruiting visit to one of the local private school. I received texts from friends whose kids attend the school with either a picture of their child with Dabo or a funny story about their child meeting Dabo as he walked down the halls.

Nick visited the same school the following day. Nick flew in by helicopter went straight to the coaches office and met the player or players he was interested. Then hopped in the helicopter and left.

Dabo is not just recruiting football players. Dabo is recruiting students who have not an interest in playing sports in college.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo vs Saban Recruiting

Jan 30, 2017, 10:08 AM

Dabo is a very special human being, and a great football coach, too! Saban is a very good football coach, and that's about all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is also working on future recruits

Jan 30, 2017, 10:17 AM

These kids have friends at other schools; they have younger siblings who might be elite athletes one day; we are more interconnected than ever before.

Dabo taking his time at a visit (when he can) pays dividends in the present but continues to build the brand for the future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2017, 10:20 AM

Dabo recruits, saban selects (the sec pays/cheats). the difference is, Dabo and company coach players up once they get on campus.

When I was in High School, our teacher was out of the room

Jan 30, 2017, 10:34 AM

and when she came back in, She had Danny Ford with her. She had seen him in the hall and asked if he would mind stepping into her class and talking with the students. He leaned against the desk and answered questions for the entire remainder of the class period.

When the bell rang he asked me if I would show him where the guidance counselor's office was, so I walked with him down the hall among all the students...which was pretty cool. I didn't say a word though because I was nervous and had nothing to say I could think of.

He was in North Carolina at my high school recruiting RB Junior Hall(who was Howard Hall while at Clemson)

Point is, Danny did not seem to have a problem going through the halls either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

So what I'm getting out of this is we need a helicopter.***

Jan 30, 2017, 11:20 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jan 30, 2017, 11:31 AM

Thanks for sharing this

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo understands the power of peer pressure.***

Jan 30, 2017, 12:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's a "people person."

Jan 30, 2017, 12:34 PM

Strangely, many coaches aren't.

Very interesting and great to hear! Thanks for sharing***

Jan 30, 2017, 1:25 PM

Although Savannah is not a warm, fuzzy

Jan 30, 2017, 1:57 PM

people person like Coach Swinney, I do think he is a good man. His foundation, Nick's Kids has given away over 6 million dollars and the Saban's have donated $1 million to Alabama for scholarships. A friend who knows him says he writes letters to people going through hard times and other kindnesses. EVEN SO, I'll take Dabo any day and twice on Sunday over Saban! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban #### that autocorrect!***

Jan 30, 2017, 1:58 PM

Factory vs. Family. Simple as that.***

Jan 30, 2017, 4:22 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic