Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Caldwell or Batson our problem on the O-line?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,574

Is Caldwell or Batson our problem on the O-line?

Sep 13, 2014, 10:15 PM

I hate coots even more than obama but damnmnit at least they have an Oline. What gives here?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's a recruiting issue, combined with some freak

Sep 13, 2014, 10:16 PM

injuries to some of our better recruits there in recent years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Is Caldwell or Batson our problem on the O-line?

Sep 13, 2014, 10:18 PM

Neither

Sep 13, 2014, 10:44 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/Dabo-comments-Joey-Batson-4265

"Joey Batson... is not what is best for Clemson football"

Sep 14, 2014, 9:50 AM

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/1/26/2707898/on-clemsons-s-c-program-and-our-problems-with-batson

Of the last ten national champions in College Football, six have employed strength coaches that trained directly under Gayle Hatch. None have been based on programs using a conjugated method (Joey Batson's method).

The Godfather of Strength Training, Boyd Epley (former Nebraska strength coach, forever) admits to using powerlifting philosophies and techniques from the squat, but he chose to also use the power clean, jerk, squat and unilateral emphasis from Olympic lifters as well as the importance of the vertical jump as measures of true athleticism. Joey Batson knows a tremendous amount about Strength Training, but his foundation is not what is best for Clemson Football...

Clemson's Gary Wade used similar methods, at Danny Ford's behest, to what Epley ran at Nebraska and others at Oklahoma. At that time we were using the top-of-the-line methods, and these were, but Wade was moved off S&C by Tommy West in his last year for Batson, and now the pendulum swings towards the Hatch methods.

The salad bar in Schletter....

Sep 13, 2014, 10:45 PM

They only serve fat free ranch now....

Both

Sep 13, 2014, 10:47 PM

Plenty of blame to go around for the o-line getting bent over and taking it with a smile.

Dabo refuses to allow HGH in the program like most of the

Sep 13, 2014, 10:59 PM

major conference teams are doing. Part of his "right way" mantra. I'm okay with that until we get out-physicaled like we do in all of our losses.

Look at examples like uSC, FSU, UGA..these teams are noticeably more cut than us especially when you look at the lower bodies. Huge legs on the LOS. Look at the muscle tone.

It's a matter of keeping up with the Jones and it's a huge problem. The NCAA and NFL haven't even figured out how to cost efficiently test for it yet, so a lot of programs figure if Team A is gonna do it then so are we.

Spurrier made a conscious decision after getting manhandled by Clemson is 2008. He hired Fitzgerald who's a known PED guy. They vastly improved in the physical department ever since. It's not so much S&C techniques as it is chemicals. Connolly was a Fitzgerald protege, and he kept it going down in Columbia.

It has trickled down from the NFL and will continue to spread among the NCAA. Guys are making gigantic size and strength gains on that stuff. If you couldn't see the size difference between us and UGA, for example, then you must not be looking close enough. When teams can stop our scheme and wins the LOS, we lose. Been that way fro years.

Dabo isn't going to allow it in our locker room, so we have to rely on athletes and scheme. It's one of the things he's referring to when he says, "we're going to do it the right way."

True story. Trust me.

Re: Dabo refuses to allow HGH in the program like most of the

Sep 13, 2014, 11:02 PM

Agreed, steroids is another one of those things that every school does, but fortunately not Clemson. We too classy.

More Cow Bell!

Sep 13, 2014, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Dabo refuses to allow HGH in the program like most of the ]

J/K...... Hate to say it but you are probably right.

Sep 14, 2014, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Dabo refuses to allow HGH in the program like most of the ]

They weren't more physical than is we just went 3- out 457 times in the second half. Did hgh cause us to lose 6 TO against sc? You can blame it on hgh but it's been execution and play calling that's hurt the most.

We got manhandled by UGA at the LOS

Sep 14, 2014, 3:24 AM

They pushed us around, it doesn't matter how you slice it. I'll give us the TO game but every other loss to them and FSU have been due to losing the physical/stength side of things.

Sep 14, 2014, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Dabo refuses to allow HGH in the program like most of the ]

It does seem strange that other schools seemed to be able to piece together massive OLs consistently even without high level recruiting. I mean do we have a 2 star lineman on the team?

Sep 14, 2014, 12:30 AM

And now there's no juice. There's no juice for the people who need the juice and want the juice. I need the juice. Clemson football needs the juice.

Dabo doesn't want to see roid rage

Sep 14, 2014, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Dabo refuses to allow HGH in the program like most of the ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO752hb1r7U

Sep 14, 2014, 2:08 AM [ in reply to Dabo refuses to allow HGH in the program like most of the ]

It's so hard for me to imagine that in a college program. How are they taking the HGH? Shots?

Sep 14, 2014, 4:40 AM

There are 85 Camaros in Bama's player parking lot and UNC student athletes that never attended classes and HGH is hard for you to imagine.

Sep 13, 2014, 11:22 PM

No, I do not even hate Coots as bad as Obama. Obama is much worse than a Coot.

Most top OL want to play in a pro style offense***

Sep 13, 2014, 11:54 PM

Probably more the #### test than either of them.

Sep 14, 2014, 1:12 AM

You can't block from the bleachers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting

Sep 14, 2014, 6:07 AM

We have been #### poor in Oline recruitment . Changing this coming class but we need to continue that trend .

Re: Recruiting

Sep 14, 2014, 7:43 AM

Exactly, its called evaluating talent and fulfilling your needs with good recruiting. How do the Tigers get all those super fast receivers? Are they on HGH, TPD, QWS or any other alphabet soup excuse you want to come up with?

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,574
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic