Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo making a big deal about road win streak....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1,558

Dabo making a big deal about road win streak....

Oct 30, 2013, 9:17 AM

he is always talking stats and coming up with things to hype up the base. That is fine but people have to be wary of exactly what is being said. I don't think he says things to mislead people but to tout this road win streak is a bit of an overstatement and has gotten more jokes on national radio shows that make him look silly just as he was maturing and coming into his own

Boston College
Wake Forest
Duke
NC State
Syracuse
Maryland

Not exactly world beaters but a win streak none the less. USC couldn't go into a rebuilding Tenn team and get a win, although the 107000 seat stadium is a bit more to deal with than the stadiums listed above

Wish he would just say hey the Fla St loss hurt and they were better than us, they played better coached better but we get another shot at them next year. Sometimes these types of stats come across as a cover up for poor play

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take it...

Oct 30, 2013, 9:19 AM

at least he's not saying, "If you like your plan you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he should. You don't understand Tiger football because

Oct 30, 2013, 9:20 AM

you are a Coot. We would win big and then lose to BC, WF, Duke, etc. etc under TB.

It is a big deal to begin to win the ones you are supposed to win and then parlay that by wining the bigger ones. He is now 18-3 going on 19-3 this weekend since the start of 2012 season.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well at least he doesn't have to explain 0 - 21***

Oct 30, 2013, 9:21 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak....

Oct 30, 2013, 9:21 AM

Is he not telling the truth?

Really...what National Radio shows are joking about this?

Oct 30, 2013, 9:23 AM

The ones around the chicken coop in Cootlumbia...hardly National...more like 3rd world.

We can only play the schedule that we have...currently we have a road win streak...granted we haven't beaten the Tennessees, Vanderbilts, and Kentuckys, but we've beaten who we've played...and by the way I have yet to see a stadium make a tackle or throw a pass...your feathers are showing...again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Far better than explaining a loss on the road...

Oct 30, 2013, 9:26 AM

...to someone like Tennessee

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's got some BOWDEN in him for sure***

Oct 30, 2013, 9:27 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2013, 9:28 AM

I don't want to hear anymore positives or firsts unless he starts talking about the ugly truths about the on going sloppy play by this team.

Yeah, screw this team with their 7-1 record.

Oct 30, 2013, 9:34 AM

I'm too angry to enjoy a game.

Oct 30, 2013, 9:30 AM

By the way call me coot, I sit in DV just about every home game and take in 1-2 away games every year. Have plenty of bent up frustration over the years. I happen to have eyes open and have watched Clemson fans lose so much pride that they actually justified a weak season as great based on whipping a rival. These same idiotic fans tout the wins over USC in those days and then make fun of them for 1-21. So justify a season by a win over the coots, then degrade that win by acknowledging that win came against the worst losing streak team in the country. Glad you are happy beating them.

However, how do you justify the losing streak now? The best football played by Clemson possibly ever, according to # of wins, yet results in losing to the coots. I rank the tigers based on games played day in day out and just simply question if the weak ACC is a smoke screen for Clemson and it is shown when good teams line up against each other. Weak schedule equals good team not being challenged.

The win streak comes against teams with losing records except for Maryland

I would agree with you about the weak ACC but what about

Oct 30, 2013, 9:34 AM

LSU, UGA ? Two teams that beat S.Car that we beat.

Sure our road wins aren't all that impressive but it is who we play. At the end of the day I will take 10-2,11-2,11-1 all day.

I will also take our dominance over the long haul against USC over a 4 game "streak" by the gamecocks. Who by the way still fly that ACC banner proudly in Williams Brice. Comical.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is NO justifying the 4 game losing streak........

Oct 30, 2013, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

it's inexcusable and has tarnished any "accomplishments" we've had over the last few years............INCLUDING the ACC Championship

but many clemson fans on here value an ACC title over beating USC which i'll NEVER understand.

Actually beating Southern Cal would be pretty suite***

Oct 30, 2013, 9:42 AM

Hey "tiger fan" I have some oceanfront property to sell in

Oct 30, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

Arizona. Your ugly hatred of the Tigers just came out there.

By the way we have lost one time to USuC since our 18-3 streak took off. As for the weak ACC--what a load of Coot propaganda that is this year.

UGA, LSU...Next question***

Oct 30, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

the current streak also includes the nuetral site lsu game,

Oct 30, 2013, 9:32 AM

which is a top-10 win.

Oct 30, 2013, 9:35 AM

It is true that it wasnt world class competition but there is a reason its a record streak. Its hard to win on the road regardless of competition without an occasional slip-up.

Oct 30, 2013, 9:39 AM

Oh Private Tiger are you still going on about that LSU win. Herbstreet is a huge Clemson fan, loves the crowd, loves the tradition, loves the team and makes it known on national TV

Yet even Herbstreet said LSU was used to being in the big game not the #6 SEC team relegated to the Chick Fil A bowl. On top of that he mentioned they had the most Jrs ever going into the draft and were more worried about picking an agent and not getting hurt than playing in a meaningless bowl game for that team. Granted, Miss St, USC, Ole Miss, etc would love to get to the Chick Fil A bowl, however, big time teams don't go to the Chick Fil a bowl. Take a look it is always the #5 or #6 SEC team ( #6 if 2 SEC teams go to the BCS) against the #2 ACC team. This makes a good matchup and usually one of the best bowl games.

My point is my great tigers are being left behind due to the weak ACC. I think Miami on the way back and FSU being back, should help along with Clemson's continued growth should make it into a better conference and hopefully the other teams will help Clemson get even better by lining up good teams

well, suckinchicken, to discount a top-10 win, while talk-

Oct 30, 2013, 9:47 AM

ing about the current streak is bs. how can you pick and choose certain teams, and skip another, and talk streak ?

Oct 30, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

What you are saying is crock.... Herbstreet never said that.... provide a link to where he made those statements. You need to get your head out of the backside of the SEC's rear end....

You are just one of those guys who didn't want Dabo to be hired as the head coach at Clemson, and you are just hoping he will fail so you can say.... "I told you so....."

Dabo is building a program, he is not just trying to have good teams occasionally. I am sorry that your guy didn't get the job. By the way, what qualifications do you have to make the assessments that you make. Have you been a D1 football coach on any team, did you coach at the high school level... maybe rec. ball?

Just wondering where some of you guys who tout this stuff get your qualifications.

Hey look, more thumbs downs for you, idiot. Kirk never

Oct 30, 2013, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

said that, and it is asinine to think LSU wasn't motivated to play in the game. You've clearly never played a sport in your life, dumbass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

If you don''t want excuses, why did you just list LSU's?

Oct 30, 2013, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

Nobody can come up with more excuses for losses than SEC apologists.

Never will they admit they got beat b/c the other team was better on that day. Or any day.

We have to admit to ourselves that usuc's team doesn't suck like they used to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2013, 9:46 AM

I would carry more feelings of pride over winning the ACC when it doesn't look like the Big East.

Va Tech shouldn't stay down, Miami should come back, FSU seems to be back, Clemson is year after year getting great players, coaches, etc, they just need more linemen than athletes now, so I think the future is bright!!

nothing wrong with flaming about the ACC making Clemson look silly in big games the last few years. Fortunately the tide is turning, more ACC teams ranked now than in any time recently. The catch is who will be ranked in the end. The UGA win doesn't look so good now, they aren't even ranked

UGA was good at the start before they lost a lot of

Oct 30, 2013, 9:47 AM

talent. See, trying to spin things like this is funny.

UGA win looks a lot better than a UGA loss...plus we

Oct 30, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

beat them when they were healthy

And here's a thumbs down for you.***

Oct 30, 2013, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you rather hear him explain why we lost those games***

Oct 30, 2013, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 30, 2013, 9:59 AM

1 Herbstreet most certainly said that and I will find a link for you

2.Is it necessary to call names, coot, etc and rip someone who simply feels like putting something out there to discuss? Re read everything I said. Was there anything that was that demeaning or was is just a bit of a fan commenting on a win streak that wasn't something credible in my opinion.

however, I get ripped for simply raising a point. Surely you guys are a bit more civil and capable of posting your comments rather than resorting to the tactics you used today

1. Learn how to properly respond to a post.

Oct 30, 2013, 10:01 AM

2. Don't act like your previous 650 posts have been entirely innocent. There's a reason why about half of them have been deleted.

Oct 30, 2013, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

Where do you sit? where is your tailgate spot???

Can't wait for this BS

The Clemson team the set the record that was broken by

Oct 30, 2013, 10:25 AM

the current team, competed against similar quality teams. Re: FSU Dabo did say that, maybe you have comprehension issues.

Oct 30, 2013, 10:56 AM

There is a reason why I have been on here since 04 yet on have a few hundred posts

We should always keep the season ticket holders, fund raisers, and donators separate from the rif raff that never attended the school, never donated a dime, never held season tickets, etc which make up 90% of this site

Funny, I AM a fundraiser, donator, and alumnus of Clemson...***

Oct 30, 2013, 10:59 AM

As a Alumus, I'd be ok with you having a few 100 less***

Oct 30, 2013, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo making a big deal about road win streak.... ]

Beating LSU wasn't exactly at "home"

Oct 30, 2013, 11:02 AM

I don't see him touting that so I think you're off base. Also, we've been playing the above mentioned teams for 60+ years and haven't had a road win streak this long since the 70s so it doesn't really diminish the fact that its impressive.

It just feeds the Coots desire to end it. Dabo should keep..

Oct 30, 2013, 11:09 AM

his mouth shut sometimes. Stats are for losers and when you are constantly trying to justify how good you are, it looks silly. If you are truly good, people know it and respect it...you don't have to tell them.

Oct 30, 2013, 11:21 AM

KB Tiger

You sir are a fan with some sense. Just play. The same people who rip DJ swearinger for hitting ellignton and running his mouth telling him to just play the game....are the same ones who justify the 45 minute press conferences Dabo has going on and on about this and that and throwing out cliché after cliché.

You can't have it both ways. Some of us are not bad fans for simply stating an opinion that he talks too much and makes too many excuses and throws out too many useless stats to make things look a certain way. just play hard and don't get embarrassed on national TV

Play Maryland tough and you never have to complain about the announcers. Why is it ok for announcers to talk about how great Clemson's entrance, tradition, fan base etc, however, they can't state fact when a poor Maryland team with every major position being replaced is hanging with a top level Clemson team not playing or coaching to their capabilities.

With much talent, ranked in the top 10, and highest paid cords in the country comes the responsibility to wear out a lesser opponent and look competitive when faced with top tier teams like FSU

Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. Dabo got upset and said they were negative. Well yes, when your team is playing like crap, they can call you out. When they are on the bandwagon I never heard him say they are too positive and we have a long way to go. Cant have it both ways

Replies: 37
| visibility 1,558
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic