Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo isn’t recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Dabo isn’t recruiting

Apr 29, 2019, 10:13 PM

He’s selecting who he wants. That’s at least the 4th (that we know about) 5* that he has turned away/down or stopped recruiting. We are at an absolutely ridiculous level in recruiting right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Select an elite TE.***

Apr 29, 2019, 10:15 PM

Re: Select an elite TE.***

Apr 29, 2019, 10:23 PM

We have 2 it seems. Such a bummer that the one who is ready has to sit this year out. I guess we have to wait 1 more year to enjoy having amazing TE's.

2020 is a poop year for TE near us

Apr 29, 2019, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Select an elite TE.*** ]

Gilbert is okay. He’s overrated and not an elite athlete. Washington is crazy elite but he’s not really interested. McGregor would be a great TE but he wants to play DE.

Right now, Diego Lamonica looks to be our only TE target. He’s a solid prospect. Not a Galloway or Lay. But he could be as good as a Richard.

2021 is a much better year for TE. We likely lead for the #1 TE in the country, who only lives 30 minutes from Clemson.

Re: 2020 is a poop year for TE near us

Apr 30, 2019, 7:50 AM

I’m a little higher on Lamonica than some, think he is a legit prospect with NFL ceiling - but of course a low floor since he’s only caught 6 passes in a game.

Re: Dabo isn’t recruiting

Apr 29, 2019, 10:20 PM

Hey G....what's up with Kourt Williams? I've read that he's planning to visit. He have intentions of coming to the east coast? I've read a couple places that he's DOD 2.0 and fits that position perfectly.

Last I read

Apr 29, 2019, 10:24 PM

Was that he planned on camping this summer. He is elite and would definitely fit the SAM role.

But right now I think the main target is Trenton Simpson. He is possibly the hottest prospect in the country right now and will end up a 5* or close to it. He’s also a perfect fit for the SAM role.

But we might not take either. Our LB room is already pretty full and we could use that spot at WR, DE, or TE. We will see.

Re: Last I read

Apr 29, 2019, 10:29 PM

There was also a blip on 247 a while back with Phillip Webb out of nowhere. He's listed as a LB but the some thought he might grow into a DE. Is he in play or no?

Probably not.

Apr 29, 2019, 10:31 PM

He’s also similar to Swint/Sampah and projects inside if he doesn’t transition to DE. He’s a very good player, but our last LB spot has got to be a SAM prospect. Simpson is the main target now it seems. That’s if we even have another spot.

If Kourt decides to visit this summer, he’d be a target. And you don’t stop recruiting Flowe and Smalls no matter what.

Apr 30, 2019, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Last I read ]

Webb is an athletic freak but I see his best role as a JACK in a system that lets him do nothing but rush the passer. Very raw but elite burst off the edge.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Last I read ]

Any idea how many oversign LBs we would consider? I know Simpson is the new hot name but I keep seeing ya hang around for Flowe. No way we don’t take his commitment. Maybe a first come first serve between the 2?

I think we only have room for 1 now

Apr 30, 2019, 8:22 AM

Unless a spot opens up late in the cycle. I don’t believe you stop recruiting Flowe or Smalls, but if they wanna come here, their spot is an oversign and takes away from another position.

Re: I think we only have room for 1 now

Apr 30, 2019, 8:49 AM

I guess Yeargin's scholly was already accounted for?

Apr 29, 2019, 11:59 PM

While I totally agree and don’t claim to know anything about recruiting, it was posted not 5 hours ago that Sampah was our #1 target for LB. all the cb were to him coming here.

That and all year people posting about how great a pickup he would be, how good he was etc. and now that he committed to lsu, it’s we backed off on him.

Just confused about why that happens. A month ago, he was the best thing since bread... now he’s not good anymore. Was slow. Dumb. Bad character etc etc... we didn’t know this a month ago? Just curious, that’s all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2019, 12:25 AM

I think the bottom line is that there isn't anymore room at mike or will and he doesn't fit at sam. I've read that he might be a tad bit overrated at a 5 star because of speed/quickness issues but the dude is a thumper. If Swint wasn't already committed things might be different. He's still a helluva a football player and no one can dispute that, but it's a numbers game sometimes.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:07 AM

Thank you for your response. I look at their film sometimes but I couldn’t tell you if they look good or not... just like them music shows, I couldn’t no more tell ya whether they were good or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The staff was slow playing Sampah for a reason

Apr 30, 2019, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo isn’t recruiting ]

I don’t believe they would have accepted his commitment and he may have even tried to commit.

The recruiting media thought Sampah was our top target at LB. But it’s been pretty apparent for awhile that he wasn’t the staff’s top target.

This is not sour grapes. Sampah is a solid football player. He is similar to Tre Lamar. Big hitter and run stopper. But he is extremely stiff and lacks the lateral quickness that we need at the SAM position. He isn’t going to be anywhere close to a 5* by the end of this cycle.

He probably has good character. I wouldn’t comment on that.

If the staff wanted Sampah, they woulda gotten him. That’s the truth.

Re: The staff was slow playing Sampah for a reason

Apr 30, 2019, 8:51 AM

Thank you. That’s exactly all I was asking. Wasn’t pointing anyone out, just trying to understand it.

Apr 30, 2019, 1:09 AM

Which other 5* besides grimes and Sampah have we backed off on?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2019, 7:26 AM

The one's we don't get lol

Desmond Evans and Jarrett***

Apr 30, 2019, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo isn’t recruiting ]

Looks like a DAWG TDed you.***

Apr 30, 2019, 8:32 AM