Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier made that comment for Dabo and THIS GAME
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Spurrier made that comment for Dabo and THIS GAME

Jan 2, 2014, 6:51 AM

His intention was to rattle Dabo today. In the Now. If he could affect Dabo for the Orange Bowl in a negative way, then maybe he feels better about not being in a BCS Bowl Game. That shot at us was timed and strategically placed. Not just simple gloating.

Why can't we all be back in High School where the smurky kids like Spurrier tote a personal butt kicking?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier made that comment for Dabo and THIS GAME

Jan 2, 2014, 6:58 AM

Think you're reading an awful lot into it. jmo.

Jan 2, 2014, 7:13 AM

Spurrier takes it like a rivalry.We need a victory to shut his mouth. That game is hurting us in recruiting.

Jan 2, 2014, 7:19 AM

If it is hurting recruiting how come the tigers are ranked
higher?

USuC recruits should realize with Spurrier's age he probably

Jan 2, 2014, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier made that comment for Dabo and THIS GAME ]

Won't even be around when they are juniors or seniors! Of course I mean he might retire by then

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USuC recruits should realize with Spurrier's age he probably

Jan 2, 2014, 7:44 AM

you seen their recruiting class this year. kids are getting it.

Reading too much into it

Jan 2, 2014, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier made that comment for Dabo and THIS GAME ]

You may be right... someone else also said the same.

I see Spurrier like I see too many SCAR fans... they revel in any loss we have. I can see him totally happy if we lost the Orange Bowl.. for many reasons. Personal gratification, fan base gratification... recruiting edge.

But I also believe he does strategically drop comments. It was not simply "off the top of his head" or an instant moment where it just popped out. He planned to take a jab at us.

And I agree, he was pandering to the SCAR fan base. He knows that is the only game of the year they care about. But there were more reasons than just that.

Jan 2, 2014, 7:10 AM

I think you're reading waaaay too much into it, 89. He's pandering to his base. Nothing more, nothing less. In retrospect, maybe it wasn't such a great idea for Dabo to have the rant. It infuriated a bunch of docile, used to losing- fans....and gave their coach something to pull out the holster any time he wants to get them pumped up. Politics 101.

Dabo is the docile,compliant one.

Jan 2, 2014, 7:15 AM

Dabo has fully accepted,even embraced losing to usuc.As long as he can claim and count wins over D2 schools,everything is O.K. 5 years of losses! How can anyone with even a mild affection for Clemson not be upset!

Re: Dabo is the docile,compliant one.

Jan 2, 2014, 7:20 AM

I hope you know your bible better than your football

Jan 2, 2014, 7:24 AM

Dude,5 years in a row.That the fact of the matter.I will not accept it as the new normal.

Do you give to IPTAY? Noticed you are not registered on the

Jan 2, 2014, 7:27 AM

board!

Tiger/Terrier

Jan 2, 2014, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is the docile,compliant one. ]

I understand the complaint but this "docile, compliant one" business is riduculous as is your statement about D2 wins. Complain all you want but stick to the facts. This is the best run PERIOD in South Carolina history. They have the best coach in their history, in Duke's history, and in Florida's history. Things are tougher. However, we have won 10 games three years in a row, headed to our second orange bowl. We are 2-2 in our last 4 big games, LSU, Georgia, FSU and South Carolina.

Jan 2, 2014, 7:35 AM

Nation.....reread my post. I was referring to Carolina fans.

Jan 2, 2014, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is the docile,compliant one. ]

thought a pastor was supposed to be a glass half full guy. dont want this dude by my dying bedside.

Jan 2, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is the docile,compliant one. ]

So,how long do we have to accept subjugation during usuc's best ever run? That is the essence of compliance.Remember,the issue is losses to the coots.

Jan 2, 2014, 8:14 AM

The issue is 10 win seasons and BCS bowls. If he is winning only 7 or 8, get back to us.

Jan 2, 2014, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is the docile,compliant one. ]

dude, you think anyone at clemson is just peachy keen about losing to those ########. good lord, dude.

You do not know Dabo if you think he is compliant and docile

Jan 2, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Dabo is the docile,compliant one. ]

You are out of touch. He is the most competitive person you will meet. He wants to win at everything. He has taken Clemson up and continues to mold us to be an elite team. The USuC roadblock will fall this coming season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't agree with that. I do not see him

Jan 2, 2014, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Dabo is the docile,compliant one. ]

accepting losses to SCAR. I think it eats at him, just like it does Clemson fans. However, the worm will turn. And once it turns, I think it stays in our favor for a while.

I really thought 2013 was the year it would happen, and if not for the turnovers, even half of them, we would have won.

Jan 2, 2014, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier made that comment for Dabo and THIS GAME ]

Cohiba well said...Dabo just needs to stick to coaching the team and not running his mouth. Today at the photo op with Myer he acted like he was going to throw an orange at Myer??? Please act like a wise head coach and take things a little more serious at times. We all know that was Dabo being Dabo but the rest of the country does not know him as well as we do and they do not understand his personality as well either.
Play SOUND football Saturday and we will win. This is as simple as it gets. Stop their QB and they have nothing!

Spurrier made that comment because....

Jan 2, 2014, 8:06 AM

at the end of the day, beating Clemson is really his only truely noteworthy accomplished at $CU.

As the old saying goes, "you dance with the one what brung you.". What else is he going to talk about? Certainly not Championships or BCS Bowl appearances.

When is the last time $CU faced and actually defeated a higher ranked opponent in a bowl game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Spurrier acts like he still is in high school***

Jan 2, 2014, 8:08 AM

I think he's held a grudge since the first game versus Dabo

Jan 2, 2014, 9:19 AM

when some organization put up the billboard that read, "Our wide receiver coach just beat your legend."

honestly

Jan 2, 2014, 9:21 AM

losing to Dabo would rattle me too

Re: honestly

Jan 2, 2014, 6:40 PM

When we lost 4 in a row I was pissed at our coaches, when Dabo went on the rant about the real USC I laughed. It seems that Tiger fans lose 5 in a row and it doesn't bother them and when Spurrier, who was addressing the USC fans in the stadium, points out that they beat Clemson the Tigers want him to die a painful death. Be happy you back doored your way in to the Orange Bowl.

Jan 2, 2014, 6:36 PM

Just to preface, a lot of Gamecock followers were less than pleased with the results of this regular season. The loss to UGA was a tough one, but the loss to Tennessee was an even tougher blow. Especially considering the way that the East shook out towards the end of the season. Many people thought this season should have/could have been better. I was one of those people actually. With that being said, the C1B wasn't what many had hoped for.

I think Steve Spurrier knew that going into the game with Wiscy and after the game. He also realized that beating instate rival Clemson was more important than the C1B to a lot of fans. I believe that he was trying to fire people up after the game because, like I said, beating y'all is more important than winning a glorified exhibition to most. Just my two cent.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic