Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is the best head coach in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,284

Dabo is the best head coach in the country

May 3, 2019, 2:18 PM

I don't care what anybody says. Sure Saban has more hardware, but a lot of people could win at Alabama.

Dabo took a program wallowing in mediocrity and turned it into a powerhouse. Are there any other examples in CFB history of a coach doing what he's done?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah we know

May 3, 2019, 2:25 PM

And his contract knows too $$$$

Only one that comes to mind is Bobby Bowden at FSU.

May 3, 2019, 3:02 PM

Coach K at Duke in basketball.

we should give him a raise***

May 3, 2019, 3:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Dabo is the best head coach in the country

May 3, 2019, 3:07 PM

Saban inherited a 6-6 Bama team. One that finished his first season 6-6 with a loss to UL-Monroe. It isn't like they were world beaters. Then he won the NC in his 3rd season. I think Dabo is on course to be one of the great ones. To Saban's credit, though, he has one in different places with different coordinators.

Okay...ready for the incoming arrows.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is the best head coach in the country

Jul 3, 2021, 6:28 PM

Bobby Bowden inherited one of the worst programs in College Football and turned Florida State into one of the best programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

I think you make some good points, AFDAWG. Only time will tell

May 3, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is the best head coach in the country ]

if Dabo will pass Saban as the best ever, but right now, Dabo has the big MO. Not only is he winning on the field, he’s graduating guys at one of the highest rates in D1 colleges, he’s pushing character and accountability off the field with the PAW Journey, and he and his athletes are having fun. His staff loves what’s going on at Clemson with the family friendly atmosphere, which is what keeps them there, not money, although they seem to be well-compensated. Right now, Dabo is THE MAN! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, duh!

May 3, 2019, 4:23 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic