Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is the Poster Child For Bad Behavior in CBS Article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 4,387

Dabo is the Poster Child For Bad Behavior in CBS Article

Feb 18, 2017, 7:20 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/its-time-for-refs-to-start-ejecting-college-football-coaches-for-wild-behavior/

Well, I guess Clemson has truly become an Elite program in the eyes of the media when they are singling out Dabo for going off on Ref's bad calls...

The ACC has some lousy refs and if coaches don't get into the ref's grill to keep them honest these crews will run over a team.

The team and the fans need to see the head coach fighting for their players....

Also, when the game gets to the level we are playing at, there is too much to lose and some of these games can come down to one or 2 bad ref calls...

I think Dabo sparring with the refs have also created some favorable call to go our way...

Coaches arguing with refs is part of the game..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Dabo is the Poster Child For Bad Behavior in CBS Article

Feb 18, 2017, 7:43 AM

CBS has nothing better to write about???

Reporter needs to get off his bum and "shake the bushes" for something of importance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something of importance like how bad the Scar football

Feb 18, 2017, 8:07 AM

Program is and has consistently always been? ????

Re: the solution

Feb 18, 2017, 7:50 AM

better officials. how many times did the Bama game get stopped for reviews on obvious calls

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the solution

Feb 18, 2017, 8:05 AM

CBS thinks the solution would be give each player a juice box and both teams a trophy.

Even the color guys talked

Feb 18, 2017, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: the solution ]

about the reviews.......momentum stoppers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 18, 2017, 7:55 AM

As a true CFB fan I wouldn't have any respect for a coach if he didn't occasionally argue a call, get out there and show his butt now and again .
It's part of the game .
In moderation, of course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Agreed has to have a passion that his boys

Feb 18, 2017, 8:13 AM

Are out there busting it and that at least the refs should be calling fairly. When rick Barnes was head coach in basketball he may have been over the top but I liked that he didn't cowtow to the conference and dean smith etc. not about getting all the calls but again if your team is out there busting their butts then at least it should b called fairly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2017, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is the Poster Child For Bad Behavior in CBS Article ]

Agree completely! I want the coach to stand up for his players when the refs get it wrong. It also is about moderation.....and picking the right thing to argue. That pass interference no call deserved a few loud words.

Unsurprisingly, a Big 12 official concedes on the play

Feb 18, 2017, 8:23 AM

Coach Swinney is criticized for in the article--a pass interference call was missed by on-field referees.

And also unsurprisingly, the author cites a source who claims the ACC has more "offending" coaches than most conferences .....Which underscores decades of frustrating, blatant incompetence by ACC officials...And IMO, the glaring incompetence of conference referees for so long falls squarely in the lap of the commissioner who has never made skilled, unbiased officiating a top priority.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unsurprisingly, a Big 12 official concedes on the play

Feb 18, 2017, 3:10 PM

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. And I mean it sincerely.
FIRE SWOFFORD!!!

Feb 18, 2017, 8:31 AM

This is not near the problem in college football as it is in basketball. I wonder what they would say about Coach K. "It's part of the game" in basketball & baseball. Give me a break. More media bias. Refs need to grow a pair. If there were as much concern about blown calls week in and week out by incompetent officials and as much sanction against them then coaches have no reason to complain, on or off the field.

So has CBS done the same article on Coach K?

Feb 18, 2017, 8:34 AM

I'll gladly read that one before this garbage.

~JKB

How 'bout Petrino? He whines about every call on every play.***

Feb 18, 2017, 8:42 AM

Re: How 'bout Petrino? He whines about every call on every play.***

Feb 18, 2017, 9:02 AM

Yep , he talked about that dang yard marker thing for about 3 weeks after the game in Death Valley .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 18, 2017, 8:37 AM

Laying seeds for Clemson to bend over and take it from the Bamas of college football without a fight .. Dabo brings it to the refs when he needs to

Jon Solomon is a moron. He uses the Pitt game, where the

Feb 18, 2017, 8:41 AM

entire crew was fired by the ACC for the ACC championship game because their calls were skewed so bad against Clemson in this game and the GT game. DO your friggin' homework!!!

Everyone has their own agenda! I present my case...

Feb 18, 2017, 8:51 AM

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/top25_front/voters.html?SITE=AP

so these refs

Feb 18, 2017, 8:52 AM

Can completely shaft a team with their calls, then act like nothing happened. yet when somebody yells at them for it they get all upset. And if you criticize them after the game you get fined. Seems right. Refs already have enough protection, let's just leave it at that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so these refs

Feb 18, 2017, 3:03 PM

> Can completely shaft a team with their calls, then
> act like nothing happened. yet when somebody yells at
> them for it they get all upset. And if you criticize
> them after the game you get fined. Seems right. Refs
> already have enough protection, let's just leave it
> at that.

I have the solution!! Create a safe zone on the sideline for refs who just made a sucky call (or no-call) and got blasted by the coach!! Or fine THEIR sorry #####

i recall that play! Ref looked up at replay

Feb 18, 2017, 9:15 AM

And knew he blew it!

Ref looked at replay of game, and knew he blew it.***

Feb 18, 2017, 11:35 AM

FAKE NEWS what kinda angry coach poll doesn't have Muschamp?***

Feb 18, 2017, 9:17 AM

ha! agreed..fake news.***

Feb 18, 2017, 9:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: when you are Dabo Swinney and you are coachin against Nick Saban

Feb 18, 2017, 9:34 AM

You have to fight for everything including calls. Even if you don't get that call, you are letting these officals know that they are going to hear it every time they do not do their job. It seemed to work, imo. The officiating got much better later in rhe game.

obvious from someone with no leadershio experience

Feb 18, 2017, 10:14 AM

going to battle for your team (as a coach) helps get the players past the negative impact of the bad call. Gets them pumped up and demonstrates the coach has their back.

Until the media has someone there to throw a yellow flag every time they screw up, they should just ####!

CBS is Lugubrious at Clemson and the ACC's Success

Feb 18, 2017, 10:23 AM

They pitched their tents in other leagues back yards and the ACC and Clemson are not making them look so good which I feel is why they are continuously throwing darts at us and the ACC.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Dabo has his head up and is not leading with the crown of

Feb 18, 2017, 11:25 AM

his hat. Should not be an ejection.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Dabo has his head up and is not leading with the crown of

Feb 18, 2017, 3:16 PM

As opposed to Bama's defenders who did lead with the crown and got away with it.

Might as well get used to it.......

Feb 18, 2017, 12:08 PM

On the ride up, everyone is your friend. When you make it to the top, everyone will be shooting at you. I expect every article written or spoken with anything negative about college football will somehow include Clemson for the next year or so.

The good news is Clemson must sell...and isn't it nice to be in that top position? Nothing they say or write will ever take the National Championship away....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So glad we have a coach with a sideline presence

Feb 18, 2017, 12:18 PM

He never looks nervous like Bowden who was poster child for a Malox commercial. College refs suck.

Replies: 30
| visibility 4,387
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic