Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Live Video: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech Pre-game Press Conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Oct 19, 2010, 10:11 AM

Watch the weekly pre-game press conference with Dabo Swinney LIVE at 11:00 today. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some maroon says Dabo's arrogance > TB's in 3, 2, 1***

Oct 19, 2010, 11:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Should Be: Dabo Defends Being Head Coach

Oct 19, 2010, 11:54 AM

He covered the pre-game and option issues, etc... but it seemed like after the question about being 16-11 with cupcakes, it turned into the Dabo Campaign Show.

If only our defense could be so defensive for so long! (slight exaggeration, they played a good game against the Twerps)

thumbs down for summarizing? tough crowd...***

Oct 19, 2010, 12:27 PM

Dabo is right on with what he said

Oct 19, 2010, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Should Be: Dabo Defends Being Head Coach ]

Many people do believe that it is best to hire a coordinator or a head coach at a lower level, etc. It trully is all bu11shit! Whoever doesn't like Dabo should have their basis be the decisions he makes now on and off the field. It shouldn't be about where he has been. Ultimately, it is about the scoreboard, but good decisions with recruiting and week-to-week personnel choices will lead to that being on our side much more often than not. I don't think anyone on here would agree with what any coach does all the time.

I agree 100% with what Dabo said and am frankly glad he answered it the way he did. Who cares if it came across like a campaign speech. Dabo is being who he is and I totally respect that.

Re: Dabo is right on with what he said

Oct 19, 2010, 6:32 PM

I say give him a fare shake. See where he begins to take us, It maybe just what we all were looking for. If not, we all know where that will go. I would like to think that TD knew what he was doing. He is the AD, so he knows more than I do. With what we have red shirted, and with what we hope will be coming in. We should have a good stable of talent. I'm all in to see what Dabo can do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's smart enough to learn from Tommy Bowden's tenure.

Oct 20, 2010, 3:05 AM

It seems like he knows that he might have a let-down season, so he rationalizes it, and talks about the things that Bowden supporters admired like religion, academics, and lack of arrests. Smart man. Distract the fans from the losses, the bad coaching, game-planning, play-calling, and personnel decisions. Milk it.

Re: He's smart enough to learn from Tommy Bowden's tenure.

Oct 20, 2010, 7:33 AM

What ever it takes Razz. Lets just give him a fare chance....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How would you define giving him a fair chance?

Oct 20, 2010, 12:56 PM

So far, Dabo and his chosen staff are 12-8. If you take away the 4 non-conference cupcake wins (MTSU, Coastal, UNT, & Presby), he's 8-8. The thing that bothers me about the losses is that many of them weren't because the players were out-manned, they were directly attributatble to bad coaching, game-planning, play-calling, & personnel decisions (like GT, TCU, UMD, Auburn, Miami, & UNC). Even Dabo admitted that bad coaching cost Clemson the UNC game. He's right.

I just hate to see Clemson lose at least 3 games each year due to bad coaching. There is nothing that leads me to believe that won't be the case next year also.

So let's get you on the record with specifics. How do you define giving him a fair chance? How many years does he get with what kind of records and accomplishments? If he goes 6-6 this year, is that good enough to keep him another year? 7-5? 8-4? 9-3? How about next year?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic