Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is no smarter today than he was years ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Dabo is no smarter today than he was years ago

Jul 18, 2018, 8:26 AM

When it comes to QB decisions people. He’s shown he can be wrong and has admitted to it before so quit acting like he’s the almighty. Dabo will NOT start the best QB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least you tried.***

Jul 18, 2018, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Looks like he's trying to sully your good name, Frank.

Jul 18, 2018, 9:46 AM

I mean Francis.

"Let's you and him fight."

Where's that parking lot, again...?***

Jul 18, 2018, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I TD’d you

Jul 18, 2018, 8:33 AM

Because you’re an idiot

Did you re@lly?

Jul 18, 2018, 8:38 AM

Good four ewe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I TD’d you

Jul 18, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I TD’d you ]

I mean that’s OK because idiots also wanted to Watson to start over stoudt, HJ over ZC.
Every fan that ever argued with a Clemson coach’s decision is just an idiot so my conclusion is Clemson coaches can do no wrong in any sport across the board

Jul 18, 2018, 8:52 AM

In your infinite time planning to post and your 3 days actually posting, I know you have seen many logical post about the situation. Obviously you choose to ignore it so people will choose to ignore you. I will give it one more try.

Watson was 170 lbs and had been injured coming into the season. If the coaches throw him out there he could have been injured, had a bad first start, and likely in the process lost some of his confidence. Instead the coaches brought him along slowly and because of that he was ready. Additionally Stoudt was ready which really paid off when Watson was injured.

Now KB is better than Stoudt and TL seems to be more physically ready. Having said that KB still has a better grasp of the playbook and the support of his teammates. If everything were based on talent TL starts game one. In the real world, being the best player is a little more complicated. Sure TL might perform better, but he may also lose confidence because of a bad start to his career. Then you add in the fact that starting TL likely removes KB's motivation for this season and if TL has a bad start or is injured we have no backup ready.

Let the coaching staff work and bring TL along slowly. If KB is better than you and many on here think then he will have an opportunity to keep the job. If not TL will get this opportunity, but it will be because he earned it on the field. Either way it will be better for all parties involved.

null

Jul 18, 2018, 9:12 AM

I don’t think you can argue that KB is better than Stoudt. IMO Stoudt would have been way better than kb had they swapped places. Had Stoudt had a rs year and two years to work with Streeter and learn under DW4 and have the coordinators design an offense around his skills, he would have done no worse than 12-2 last year and maybe better.

Stoudt was a square peg being forced into a round hole gameplan. Just ask, what if we’d run DW4 offense with kb last year? How would kb do? About like he did the year before in mop up duty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kerigan I will give you a TU because I like you

Jul 18, 2018, 2:48 PM

but I strongly disagree. The more time passes by the more the memories fade but QB play in 2014 is one that I will not soon forget. A good game against a Big12 team that comes from a conference known for letting offenses run wild won’t erase my memory either. GT 2014 was the worst performance I have ever seen by a Clemson QB. Cole completed as many passes to the yellow jacket defense as he did his own team. While the passing games of KB and CS are comparable KB has more arm strength and is a much better runner. KB is better IMO and it’s really not even close.

http://www.diehardsport.com/college-football/clemson-qb-cole-stoudt-throws-two-pick-sixes-vs-georgia-tech/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I TD’d you ]

Although I don’t agree with everything you said I do like your post

If you liked it....

Jul 18, 2018, 12:18 PM

You should have pointed him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I TD’d you ]

Regarding your second paragraph....was there less of a risk throwing him in the third series against UGA vs starting him?

I’m not saying he should have started him, I thought giving Stoudt the first chance was a good move, but by halftime it was painfully obvious DW was better, yet they continued to primarily play Stoudt.

Jul 18, 2018, 11:03 AM

Yes, mentally preparing to be the man on a big stage is a large step. Preparing for short series week to week is a lot easier. Plus when a coach ask you to grab your helmet and go, you don't have time to over think.

I would expect to see similar this year. Designed series for TL to get use to the speed of the game. As his understanding of the playbook develops he will take on more responsibility. It will no longer be "go run these plays" but "go run the offense".

null

I dunno..it is easy being an ignorant fan

Jul 18, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I TD’d you ]

As a fan we saw a watson td and thought. ..this is amazing.

As a coach, if you put in watson to gauge is progress, tell him to hand the ball off of short pass, don't throw deep... and he throws deep...what do you do? Or the play calls for the qb to read the safties and move the tight ends...Watson doesn't do it.

As fans he is awesome., clemson scored a td.
As a coach he is untrustworthy or still doesn't know the plays/reads.

I dunno what happened on that play. I just know, as a 2 bit rec ball baseball coach, that sometimes good outcomes don't mean stuff is good.

If I give a kid the take sign, and he hits a 2 rbi double...something went wrong...even though 2 r
uns were scored.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 18, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I TD’d you ]

Really Watson had one good drive after that not much

Jul 18, 2018, 12:20 PM

Well he only got every third series so there’s that.....

If he gets 6-8 more drives in that game the outcome could have different. Our defense was playing well until late in the second half when their running game started wearing us down because Three and Out Stoudt couldn’t keep us on the field.

Jul 18, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I TD’d you ]

Did you also know a whole bunch of idiots said Clemson baseball wouldn’t win a regional again this year????

Jul 18, 2018, 8:44 AM

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!!!!

It is really hot in Columbia - could be heat related

Jul 18, 2018, 9:06 AM

nm

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Jul 18, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I TD’d you ]

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE "THE MAN". WHAT A SMART GUY YOU ARE. I AM GUESSING YOU MUST BE A ROCKET SURGEON. OR MAYBE A FRY COOK.

Oh so are you trying to tell us you have DiamondKnowledge

Jul 18, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I TD’d you ]

in addition to football knowledge? Now it makes sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Oh so are you trying to tell us you have DiamondKnowledge

Jul 18, 2018, 10:33 AM

ding ding ding gwp i think you have just uncovered something. this goober is the spitting image of diamond or wait, maybe he is diamond. lol

Re: Dabo is no smarter today than he was years ago

Jul 18, 2018, 8:45 AM

To the Newbie,

Some people start out on Tigernet with a degree of plain common sense, but you quickly showed you have absolutely none! We are merely fans and while our opinions are nice, the current staff knows far more than all of us combined regarding QB preparedness and who will play this season! Get over your show of ignorance and return to post when you can show a moderate level of understanding and patience. Everyone desires an improved downfield passing game this year and if KB doesn't show vast improvement I would have to believe the entire offensive staff would undoubtedly let Dabo know it was clearly time for a chance.

Perhaps you also failed to acknowledge the staff media comments that both QBs would play this season? Nice to have you on board, but think before you post.

Go Tigers!

The above young turk poster might need a foam topper

Jul 18, 2018, 8:48 AM

on his mattress for better sleep, and hence kinder & smarter posts!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With 3 great options, it's not like he can make a bad choice

Jul 18, 2018, 8:54 AM

I mean it would be a much worse situation if the best QB on the roster was like Jake Bentley or something.

The hammer soon cometh....

Jul 18, 2018, 8:55 AM

Everybody stand back!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While 41% is much higher than

Jul 18, 2018, 9:01 AM

the combined 17 point total for the gamecocks vs Clemson the last two years, it is still a pretty low posting percentage. It's too bad for you the bad selections by Dabo at QB have done such a number on your gamecocks.

When a coach is 101-30, has beaten his rival 4 straight and the last two are a combined 90-17 score, and the 17 are all garbage time points, it says something. And any coach that is 101-30, with 6 division titles, 5 ACCCG appearances, 4 ACC Championships, 3 playoff appearances, 2 semifinal wins, 2 national championship game appearances, one national championship, 3 Orange Bowls, 1 Fiesta Bowl, 1 Sugar Bowl, 6-2 in his last 8 bowls and natty games combined, then that coach is pretty much beyond questioning.

You meant to say "Dabo really wasn't that much smarter years

Jul 18, 2018, 9:05 AM

ago, if at all!

Never again coot

Water the Point Tree

Was there a Frank A through L ? Did they also fail?

Jul 18, 2018, 9:17 AM

Cause frank M isn't working out well either. Perhaps Frank N is available.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 18, 2018, 9:20 AM

So, you're saying that no matter who actually is the best QB after full evaluations are complete, Dabo is going to intentionally start the 2nd (or 3rd) best QB? I like that strategy! Dabo is taking a page from The Princess Bride - "You're pretty good, but I have a secret; I'm not left handed either!"

FrankM said:

When it comes to QB decisions people. He’s shown he can be wrong and has admitted to it before so quit acting like he’s the almighty. Dabo will NOT start the best QB

Jul 18, 2018, 9:24 AM

I’m saying Trevor Lawrence is the best quarterback but Dabo will start Kelly Bryant because of his loyalty to him even though his loyalty is supposed to be to the entire team. Anybody that argues that Kelly Bryant can throw better than Trevor Lawrence is lying to themselves

Jul 18, 2018, 9:36 AM

You're probably correct that Lawrence does appear to throw better than Bryant in what we have seen so far, but one could logically argue that "throwing" is only one aspect of being a complete QB. Decision Making, ball control, reading defenses/making audibles, scrambling ability, knowledge of playbook, ability to get others in correct position, etc. all have some factor in determining the "best" QB. All of these factors can determine who the best is, and that could change as the season goes on and experience is gained. I'm certainly not willing to crown true freshman Lawrence as best over a senior before fall practice even starts, and truly believe that the coaches do evaluate the overall package constantly.

Jul 18, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is no smarter today than he was years ago ]

So you're saying a man that makes more money in one month than you will make in your life is going to intentionally throw that away because he cannot or will not evaluate talent.

Hunter Renfrow
Ben Bouleware
JD Davis
Wayne Gallman
Just to name a few

Bless your heart

Jul 18, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is no smarter today than he was years ago ]

no one says kelly can throw better but last time i checked there is a he!!uva lot more to playng qb than just being the best passer.

Jul 18, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is no smarter today than he was years ago ]

FrankM,

Your "explanations" fall short! I have no idea how old you are or how long you have watched Tiger football, but your ignorance, despite your years, is showing. Dabo has an entire team and their well being and perspective to consider. If you have even bothered to pay attention over the last two days to his and the offensive staff remarks you would quickly recognize starting at QB is based upon leadership skills, team chemistry, and ability to learn and execute the offense effectively! I would remind you as well that KB and TL aren't yet even in Fall camp and you are sounding off about last year! Does it occur to you that KB might actually have improved his passing technique in the off season? Before degrading him you and other "experts" need to allow the process in place to take place!

The entire offensive staff clearly indicated both QBs will play this year. TL isn't ready to start, except in fan's minds, so leave it to the paid staff to figure out who is best prepared. That is what they are paid to accomplish. I trust their judgement far more than my own or any other fan's.
qualifications.

Go Tigers!

Jul 18, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is no smarter today than he was years ago ]

There's more to winning than trowing the ball. Look a DW's last year we didn't click until he started running the ball again.

I don't know where you came up with this...

Jul 18, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is no smarter today than he was years ago ]

but I don't think there's a single person on Earth who thinks Bryant is a better thrower than TL

Jul 18, 2018, 9:43 AM

Good morning, Coot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 9:44 AM

Exactly where did you get your coaching experience? How many Nattys have you won? How many 4 star players have you recruited.

Credentials please!.

Jul 18, 2018, 9:44 AM

Exactly where did you get your coaching experience? How many Nattys have you won? How many 4 star players have you recruited.

Credentials please!.

FrankM

Jul 18, 2018, 9:45 AM

oron.

Jul 18, 2018, 10:33 AM

Another derper .

DB23

I can think of alot of reasons NOT to start Trevor

Jul 18, 2018, 10:50 AM

First of all, Trevor is the future QB and could very well be the starting QB later in the year just like Deshaun, BUT.....

1. KB has been in program for years, Trevor for 1/2 year. KB has earned more trust from Dabo as of right now than Trevor.

2. KB should absolutely know the playbook MUCH better than Trevor right now. That gives you much more flexibility in game planning.

3. KB won the division as your starting QB last year.

4. KB won the conference as your starting QB last year.

5. KB got you to the CFB as your starting QB last year (despite a huge loss of experienced offensive players from the national championship team).

6. Trevor has exactly zero reps in an official college game. KB has a year plus of experience.

7. Why throw your future QB to the wolves immediately and risk destroying his confidence right out of the gate? I am certain Dabo wants to work Trevor into the rotation off the bench to see how he responds and not put the pressure of winning his first game on Trevor right away. This is exactly what Dabo did with Deshaun and that worked out pretty well.

8. Dabo has a long record of starting guys who are upperclassmen who end up FAR exceeding everyone's expectations as he has seen them develop and mature over the years (e.g., Carter, Dodd, O'Daniel, Edmond, Shuey, Goodson, etc.).

Maybe Trevor beats out KB in the fall, but I'm fairly certain you will see KB opening day for the above reasons and I don't think that means Dabo is wrong.

Tigermaul = marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39=FrankM

Jul 18, 2018, 11:23 AM

Sad

Jul 18, 2018, 11:30 AM

Bringing the pain on a Wednesday morning!

Actually he's smarter. Yep that's what winning

Jul 18, 2018, 11:38 AM

Almost every game played in the last 5 years, numerous conference championships, and winning the National Championship, and creating graduates and men of integrity will do for you. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 11:55 AM

But he has more championships***

Jul 18, 2018, 11:55 AM

Re: Muskiechump is no smarter today than he was years ago

Jul 18, 2018, 12:12 PM

When it comes to QB decisions coot. He’s shown he can be wrong and hasn't admitted to it before so quit acting like he’s the almighty. Muskiechump will NOT get the best QB.

Got back to Russia

Jul 18, 2018, 2:45 PM

you don't know this game.

Get rid of this POS***

Jul 18, 2018, 3:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic