Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Teasdell and my thoughts...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Teasdell and my thoughts...

Dec 7, 2015, 5:46 PM

I was at the game and of course when it happen, I was dumbfounded. I honesty thought right after that Dabo might have called for a fake on 4th and 10 (even with us pinned at our 30 yard line) and when it went to 4th and 15, he took it off and Teasdell forgot or didnt know for some reason. But after watching him go after Teasdell, I figured Teasdell didnt tell him "I thought it was still on". So of course Dabo goes nuts on a kid but his is because in a position where he isnt allowed to make deceisions like this, he choose to make one. He decided his judgement was better than the coach at the moment, and with that, comes consequences. I think even if he had gotten first down, he might have still gotten chewed out.

The other thing that is just dumb on his part was the fact that he called his own number with no one knowing he was AND its was a long 15 yards to get.

Essentially, coaches get paid and put in position to make those decisions. He decided to make one for them and it was a poor choice.

Overall, people have an issue in society with the way failure or in this case, disobedience is handled. They get mad at Dabo for chewing him out but the other response to just pat him on the back and say "nice try" doesnt fit logic either. Dabo yelled at someone for making a mistake and one that appears to be one of where Teasdell choose to "make a football strategy decision". Seems like getting yelled out is the proper response.

Welcome to Life

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if people have a problem with the yelling

Dec 7, 2015, 5:48 PM

I think it would have been OK if had just yelled at him once, instead of following him around. He came back to him and yelled at him again after UNC scored, as if he was the one out there letting them score.

Re: I don't know if people have a problem with the yelling

Dec 7, 2015, 5:48 PM

I think in some way, he kinda did play a part in letting them score.

Re: I would still be yelling at him.***

Dec 7, 2015, 6:28 PM [ in reply to I don't know if people have a problem with the yelling ]

Re: Teasdell and my thoughts...

Dec 7, 2015, 5:53 PM

When Coach Swinney went back to Teasdell after the score, I honestly did not think that was Dabo's finest moment. However, I do not know what was said to Mr. Teasdell then or later. What I DO know is that Coach Swinney genuinely loves his players. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Message was edited by: Tiger Nana®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here was the most telling part of Dabo's discipline:

Dec 7, 2015, 5:54 PM

he let T go back on the field and resume play...which he did.

He took his medicine like a man, then performed his duties without bitterness nor rancor toward Dabo. And that in of itself spoke volumes about his character.

Bet he won't attempt that kind of play again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have zero issues with how Dabo handled it.

Dec 7, 2015, 5:57 PM

He deserved a thorough yelling tirade. However, as I mentioned yesterday, the difference is that after the game, when the moment was over, Dabo made sure Teasdall knew everything was cool again. Reaffirming his place on the team and reestablishing some semblance of confidence was paramount.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have zero issues with how Dabo handled it.

Dec 7, 2015, 6:04 PM

He also went after the kid that had the personal foul on the kickoff

Dec 7, 2015, 6:07 PM [ in reply to I have zero issues with how Dabo handled it. ]

That's the question though...the outcome of the game let him off the hook...how would he have handled it had they lost by say 3 or 4 points? I expected a chewing out...what he did went above and beyond...lost a little respect for Dabo Saturday Night cause he looked like he had lost control...not because he yelled at T.

Dec 7, 2015, 6:19 PM [ in reply to I have zero issues with how Dabo handled it. ]

We need a punter next year who can get it off quicker and longer. This year I will settle for one who (continues) to not fumble and who will make no more silly plays. I don't expect any more problems with Teasdall

Teasdall going for it was less understandable than the Michigan -MSU botched punt. The Michigan punter was caught up in the chaos of the play and failed to go down.

Dec 7, 2015, 6:11 PM

The kid made a mistake. Enough said, now should be put to rest and move on.

Dabo did just fine handling the mistake.

Go Tigers..............

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Dec 7, 2015, 6:13 PM

I thought Teasdell saw the pressure coming hard on his right side, then thought his punt would be blocked. He freaked and took off running to his left thinking he was saving a blocked punt. I did not like seeing Dabo berating him like that on national tv...could have been much worse.

Dabo is in the wrong?

Dec 7, 2015, 6:26 PM

What planet am I on? The way I came up, you screw up like that, you are lucky to get a ride home and might still prefer to find your own ride.

Who knows what happened other than Teasdell faked it and Dabo, very clearly, did not place such an order. The conference championship was on the line, access to the playoffs was on the line, respect for the program was on the line.... It was a big deal.

What is cool is that Dabo is supposed to have made his peace with the kid after Dabo cooled off a bit. That is the kind of thing I respect. Plenty of coaches would have chewed him out, or worse, and never thought a thing about it again. Teasdell needed a chewing. He got it and Dabo went back to make peace.

As for Teasdell, unlike many of his generation, he took it like a man and he gets my respect for that. Not only, but he continued to perform in his duties afterwards.

Re: Dabo is in the wrong?

Dec 7, 2015, 6:37 PM

I think Dabo was absolutely right. At that point in the game and what that game meant to the Clemson football program, it was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Whatever Teasdell got, he deserved.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 6:26 PM

I think Dabo did exactly like he should have.

Dec 7, 2015, 7:06 PM

Everybody, including Dabo, knows it was wrong, because if that situation happens again, Dabo won't repeat his behavior.

Put yourself in someone else's shoes. Would Dabo like someone to treat his son in that manner? (look inward and be truthful to yourself in your thoughts - 1 correction is fine ... did the kid deserve the 3rd bashing?)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic