Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Tommy Bowden gets another 10-win season." ........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,469

"Tommy Bowden gets another 10-win season." ........

Dec 30, 2014, 12:21 PM

Just heard Dawg ball licker Steak Shapiro say this on Atlanta sports radio this AM. Wow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, heard that too

Dec 30, 2014, 12:22 PM

and the idiot with him doesn't even correct him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has already surpassed TB in a number of ways

Dec 30, 2014, 12:23 PM

I'm sure it was in jest, but it's hard to even make that kind of comparison. TB laid the foundation that Dabo built on, but hasn't shown the same propensity to choke against lesser opponents. And we've still won plenty of games we weren't favored in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has already surpassed TB in a number of ways

Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 PM

Please explain how Tommy Bowden laid the foundation. Sure Dabo had some of his recruits like Spiller, Jacoby Ford, and Ellington. Dabo recruited all of the D players and his own guys with the likes of Sammy, Tay and all of the others. Dabo also had to endure after that I don't want to say anything bad Bowden left all of the recruits and players deciding to not come to Clemson and transfer else where. Dabo laid this foundation and his is still building on to it hopefully everything works out great.

TB improved facilities drastically, got recruiting back up

Dec 30, 2014, 12:41 PM

And let us not forget that he hired Dabo, and even pointed at him as his successor.

Talent was never a problem for TB teams. His staffs bagged some great players, which ultimately helped Dabo do even better in that regard. TB just couldn't get them over the hump, but he got us most of the way.

Which is part of why a brand new, rookie HC came in and had so much success. A lot of that is Dabo, but he was enabled by TB. Dabo didn't inherit a dumpster fire. He ended up with a nice Bugatti that was in bad need of a tune-up.

agreed, Bowden isn't in Dabo's league as a HC in any form or

Dec 30, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has already surpassed TB in a number of ways ]

fashion. He is nowhere near Dabo in passion, emotion, culture, or player development, not to mention staff. Bowden did good things with facilities and recruited well but our teams vastly underachieved year after year. Say what you want, we had NFL talent on his teams that was underdeveloped and motors did not always run hot....a true sign of a flat, passionless culture. Dabo and his staff run circles around TB and his staff and Dabos teams are light years ahead in culture and passion. TB is a good man but over his head at a big time D1 program. Mark it down, Dabo will retire with a NC or two and in the ROH. His program is about to wreck shop for years to come.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he's thinking of Mark Richt, the Tommy Bowden of UGA

Dec 30, 2014, 12:57 PM

football...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the HC who does the least with the most year after year

Dec 30, 2014, 1:03 PM

Which warms my heart because I detest them. Check number of UGa guys in the NFL then look at UGa performance every year. It's comical and couldn't happen to a better crowd.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,469
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic