Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo fires back at whiners/complainers.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Dabo fires back at whiners/complainers.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:07 PM

"I ain't ever going to apologize for a 21 point win over a state rival. And you people that suggest that it felt like a loss y'all need to check yourself too. I have been here 16 years. And for all of those people out there that want to complain about 5 wins in a row by winning by 3 touchdowns. That is shameful. That is a lack of respect for our program and respect for the effort these players and coaches put in. I hope you write that. We are a 12-0 football team. A senior class that has won 52 games and we have people that are complaining. Give me a break. If 12-0 ain't good enough it's time to seek other places."

As per usual, Dabo is right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo fires back at whiners/complainers.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:11 PM

Looking at you TNET (Hood)...

Who the heck said it felt like a loss?

Nov 25, 2018, 5:11 PM

That was a ####### thing to say.

David Hood.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:17 PM

Well, allegedly he heard a fan say it buuuuutttt...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of like anonymous sources with the MSM.***

Nov 25, 2018, 5:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David Hood.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:49 PM [ in reply to David Hood. ]

It doesn't matter if he heard someone say it. They may have said it in the in an emotional high but then changed their mind without anyone having heard it. He published it for the world to see. Good heavens what a dumb thing to do!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree on both accounts

Nov 25, 2018, 6:25 PM

I guess per some writers, the feelings of the fanbase is n=1. That is somewhat anecdotal, and I am sure is a comment that he heard from one #######, but felt like it would make a great story.

Just for that story, GO STEELERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who the heck said it felt like a loss?

Nov 25, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Who the heck said it felt like a loss? ]

The coots on here with Tiger handles

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 25, 2018, 5:15 PM

Probably not real smart to be too critical of our championship coach. I’d just as soon keep him around here for a while longer.

Clemson fans vs Clemson supporters

Yes, there IS a difference

Nov 25, 2018, 5:19 PM

How can you not be happy with that? Not only did we win by 21 points, but the defense was humbled. In the grand scheme of things this game will help them. Gives the coaches something to coach the secondary on. I remember when we were a middle of the road team. Just getting a mediocre bowl was what we had to look forward too. Are some of the “fans” really disappointed by being 12-0 and winning by 21? Ridiculous

i remember faxing the Humanitarian Bowl

Nov 25, 2018, 5:50 PM

Having to buy a bid. Those were rough times.

Of course he’s right

Nov 25, 2018, 5:16 PM

And it goes without saying that he and Venables will be relentlessly working for the next month to address the pass coverage issues we saw last night. The coaches have earned our respect and our trust in their ability to do that. Everyone complaining like we lost the game needs to just shut their stupid mouths.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 5:18 PM

You tell' em Dabo! Sure hope when he talks about seeking other places he's talking about the whiners not himself :(

I feel like he is talking to Hood here

Nov 25, 2018, 5:19 PM

I did not like the title of that story he did. It did not feel like a loss to me at all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is 100% correct.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:20 PM

Get'em, Dabo!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I agree with him that people should be happy

Nov 25, 2018, 5:24 PM

Nov 25, 2018, 5:25 PM

Spoiled fans and stupid journalists

Nov 25, 2018, 5:29 PM

Does @davidhood have to apologize now?

At least we have confirmation now that coaches

Nov 25, 2018, 5:33 PM

I AGREE 110% WITH DABO!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 5:32 PM

THE MEDIA & SPORTSWRITERS THAT FUEL THIS BS NEED TO CHECK THEMSELVES AND COME CORRECT OR RISK ALIENATING THEMSELVES FROM THE SOURCE OF THEIR OWN REVENUE!

(Don’t hang yourself jumping from one side of the fence to the other)

This University, Football program, staff, players, alumnus, and fans DESERVE TO BE PORTRAYED IN A POSITIVE LIGHT....THEY EARNED IT!!!)

Our state media needs to get called out by their subscribers and anyone else that continues to diminish the success of OUR CLEMSON TIGERS!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I AGREE 110% WITH DABO!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 5:46 PM

My guess is it was coot journalists that instigated it. They are the only ones who are treating it like a win because they can't beat us. They are losing everything at one time. Their football team sucks again. They just lost their 5-peat slogan. Their men's basketball is bad. Women' basketball, which is their golden idol, has begun losing. Their baseball program was tied for sixth in the state of S.C. last year. They won a regional but only because Tanner used some slight of hand and put them in a regional that was the weakest in the nation. Coot nation is definitely on a down cycle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with Dabo 100%***

Nov 25, 2018, 6:24 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic