Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, Saban stated to AL Prez once that he was a great recruiter vs being a great coach..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,075

So, Saban stated to AL Prez once that he was a great recruiter vs being a great coach..

Feb 8, 2019, 12:41 PM

And his recruiting 6 #1 Classes out of last 8 years makes me realize he’s right about that fact for sure BUT can you imagine what DaBO & Coaches could have done with those #1 Classes!

Well, about as good as Saban & Coaches did over the past 10 years, and maybe better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo does well without being #1 in recruiting

Feb 8, 2019, 12:46 PM

I'll take Dabo any day of the week and twice on Sunday's

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo does well without being #1 in recruiting

Feb 8, 2019, 6:21 PM

only Dabo's way for me.

Re: Dabo does well without being #1 in recruiting

Feb 8, 2019, 6:50 PM

if there is anyone out there that doesnt think dabo could be number 1 in multiple years then you must not keep up very well. there are maaaaaaaaaaaaaany guys that we could sign that just dont fit into our culture. we win with clemson people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, Saban stated to AL Prez once that he was a great recruiter vs being a great coach..

Feb 8, 2019, 12:49 PM

A lot of five star players will not fit the Clemson culture. Some of these kids have been told they were the best their entire lives. Their only goal is for them to take their game to the NFL. They don’t know how to be team players, players that take coaching and guidance from upperclassmen. They don’t think they should have to share the playing time or God forbid wait their turn. There is no I in team, but to them nothing comes before I

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

^^^ Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner! ^^^***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, Saban stated to AL Prez once that he was a great recruiter vs being a great coach..

Feb 8, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: So, Saban stated to AL Prez once that he was a great recruiter vs being a great coach.. ]

THIS ***

I'll add Dabo won't offer to kids who have off the field issues. Nearly every other coach could not care less.

Bill you just don't get it. You are awestruck with bama

Feb 8, 2019, 6:31 PM

just like many non Clemson people. Our classes have been better than Bama's and everyone elses. Clearly we have the best classes there are that's why we have won 2 out of the last 3 championships. You don't rate a class when they are in High School, you rate them 4 years later. None comes close to the class that just graduated, they were clearly number 1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Good one NEAL...

Feb 8, 2019, 6:56 PM

but, respectfully I’m not awestruck with Bammy but was simply saying Saban should be winning quite often due to 6 #1 classes in 8 yrs while Dabo has won 2 in 4 yrs with classes much much less..

and would bet Coach could have won more IF he had those 6 #1 classes. That’s all.

44-16

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,075
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic