Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Vs Spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Dabo Vs Spurrier

Jan 4, 2014, 11:08 PM

Dabo got in nice jab of his own last night. I thought it would be interesting to compare both coaches first six seasons as head coaches especially vs each others schools.

Steve Spurrier’s 1st Six Seasons Vs Clemson (3 Seasons at Duke 1st 3 at USC)
1987-1989 2005-2007
W L Bowls VS Clemson
41 29 1-2 2-4
BCS Bowls 0-0

1st Six @ USC
44 33 1-4 3-3
BCS Bowls 0-0

Dabo Swinney Vs USC (Spurrier)
2008-2013
W L Bowls VS USC
51 23 3-3 1-5
BCS Bowls 1-1

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Vs Spurrier

Jan 4, 2014, 11:50 PM

Lets be honest, this comparison really means nothing.

Clemson fans are the first to talk about how SC's pitiful history. And Clemson fans are correct. On the other hand, Clemson has had a good program for a while.

So it would make sense that it would take Spurrier longer to start winning at SC than it would take Dabo at Clemson. Clemson already had a great program when Dabo started. Maybe not to level as it is now, but I am sure you would agree that it CERTAINLY wasn't a "cellar dweller" program like SC. Right?

Lets say you hire a new coach at Texas and you hire a new coach at Kentucky. Isn't it fair to assume that it would be expected for the guy at Texas to have more success in his first six years?

When Spurrier started, SC was only a couple of years removed from 0-21.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 12:07 AM

Yeah, and Spurrier had been a head coach for 19 years when Dabo got promoted. I certainly don't enjoy loosing to SC 5 straight, but the rest of the country will look at the overall record and where the Clemson program is. I heard about the 5 losses before the Orange Bowl by the pundits, but not afterwards. We;ll have to see what Dabo can do form here on. Both teams loose some key players and/or coaches and have to fill some holes.

Jan 5, 2014, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Vs Spurrier ]

Good Point.

Jan 5, 2014, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Vs Spurrier ]

Spurrier is a HOF coach, there's no doubt of that. But he is also a complete and total ###, and I'll stick with Dabo avery time, Spurrier will never be the man that Dabo Swinney is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Jan 5, 2014, 1:26 AM

http://www.fitsnews.com/2014/01/04/check-yourself-dabo-swinney/

"Waaah, Dabo said something mean in response to us!"

Jan 5, 2014, 3:08 AM

Please, you loved your Capitol One bowl limelight and loved that Spurrier constantly thinks about trying to jab at Clemson (guess we're on his mind even after bowl wins). Yet you get upset and rant and cry when Dabo responds after a bigger win on a bigger stage?

And then you come posting someone else's tantrum as if that's the end of an argument?

Grow up.

Clemson

Jan 5, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Vs Spurrier ]

This from the rag owned by a wife beater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Should be noted

Jan 5, 2014, 3:16 AM

Those are Dabo's first 6 years as a head coach period. No National championship winning experience or prestige period.

Jan 5, 2014, 7:43 AM

I like Dabo but it's time for him to start beating the Gamecocks. When he took over for Tommy, he said that he didn't need to rebuild.

Jan 5, 2014, 12:01 PM

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. SPURRIER IS IN DABO HEAD TO DEEP.

Dabo has lost the 2 most important games 2 yrs in a row

Jan 5, 2014, 9:33 AM

We've got to win those to take the next step.

sorry but those weren't the two most important..

Jan 5, 2014, 9:36 AM

I'll take the OB, Georgia and LSU wins... over the two losses to the Coots...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorry but those weren't the two most important..

Jan 5, 2014, 10:34 AM

You have officially lost it. ACC CG and State Championship are far more important than BCS. I GUARANTEE Dabo would trade the OB for either of the other two.

Re: Dabo has lost the 2 most important games 2 yrs in a row

Jan 5, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Dabo has lost the 2 most important games 2 yrs in a row ]

do not agree!!! the most important games is the loss to the dirty cheating c$$ts

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are looking @ this in the wrong light

Jan 5, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Dabo has lost the 2 most important games 2 yrs in a row ]

SC has a 5 game winning streak against Clemson but what else? The answer is nothing. They cannot win or go to a BCS bowl game with this being the last year. Clemson should have the better team next year and play @ home to break the SC winning streak. Auburn will be the best team in the SEC for a few years to come so what has SC done other than beat Clemson 5 times in a row?

Jan 5, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Dabo has lost the 2 most important games 2 yrs in a row ]

I agree, we need to win them. But, SC has also lost it's 2 most important games in the last 2 years. 2012 - LSU & Florida, 2013 - Georgia & Tennessee. One of those each year and they are in the SEC Champioship Game and probably BCS.

Jan 5, 2014, 2:40 PM

http://www.fitsnews.com/2014/01/04/check-yourself-dabo-swinney/

FSU and the OB were the two most important games this

Jan 5, 2014, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Dabo has lost the 2 most important games 2 yrs in a row ]

year, with SCar 3rd and UGA 4th. FSU obviously because of the league championship. The OB trumps SCar, albeit by a small margin.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU and the OB were the two most important games this

Jan 5, 2014, 5:52 PM

I'd say Georgia was the key game to win, maybe the biggest.

Re: FSU and the OB were the two most important games this

Jan 5, 2014, 6:08 PM

all of this is bs.. only record that matters is 0-5 last 5 years... it's unacceptable. Regardless of bowl game, they beat us head to head and finish ahead of us in the polls. National relevance?? It's where you end the year, period.

The only people that care where two top 10 teams are

Jan 5, 2014, 6:24 PM

ranked at year's end, outside of #1, are those team's individual fan bases - period. The OB was our biggest game after FSU on the national perception scene. Lose and we're lucky to stay in the top 20, and the season is a disappointment. Win, which we did, and we're in the top 10, a successful season. Yes losing to SCar is disappointing, but it didn't impact our season as much as FSU or the OB.

Dabo has now beaten national champion coaches Spurrier, Miles, and Meyer in his fledgling upstart career, with a fourth coach, Fisher, about to be added to that list. Not too shabby and a nice harbinger of things to come.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 8:57 PM

IMPORTANT FACT YOU FORGOT TO MENTION.TEAMS GAMECOCKS BEAT WON 6 BOWL GAMES TO CLEMSON 1 GUESS WHO THAT 1 TEAM IS>>SYRA-LOSE. ANOTHER FACT DABO IS A CHEERLEADER NOT A COACH. DON'T EVER COMPARE HIM TO KING SPURRIER HE WILL NEVER BE IN THAT ELITE LEAGUE. 5 IN A ROW BY 10 POINTS OR MORE AND 6 IS KNOCKING ON THE DOOR. 3 STRAIGHT 11 WIN SEASONS IN THE SEC SPEAKS VOLUME. 2 STRAIGHT 11 WIN SEASONS IN THE ACC MEANS NOTHING.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic