Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo To Cleveland?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Dabo To Cleveland?

Oct 30, 2018, 10:45 AM

I just don't see it. I believe he is here for life unless Alabama opens up then he may consider that.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/dabo-swinney-mentioned-as-potential-candidate-for-cleveland-browns-opening/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wandered how long it would take for this to

Oct 30, 2018, 10:48 AM

Pop up. I think Dabo enjoys molding young men in lieu of coaching at that level. But just my opinion

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's one of those things where I'd love to see it, but

Oct 30, 2018, 11:04 AM

obviously would hate to see it.

I think Dabo absolutely could win anywhere and would love to see him prove some doubters wrong, but I don't want to see him leave Clemson.

Don’t make the same mistake that Saban and Spurrier made.***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess my question is,

Oct 30, 2018, 11:14 AM

Can you plant anything there and, most important, can it bloom? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess my question is,

Oct 30, 2018, 11:23 AM

Not in that climate unless you have a greenhouse. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t make the same mistake that Saban and Spurrier made.***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Don’t make the same mistake that Saban and Spurrier made.*** ]

The Brownies have been a wreck for decades. Have never even made it to one Super Bowl. The biggest NFL challenge. And I don't think Dabo's style would work. Remember, he would have no say in the roster he inherits. Would take several years for him to pick the players he wants in order to build a successful team. And then you have drug problems, violence problems, ego problems. Also, Dabo would have to adjust to major city media. He'd have to answer to a GM and team owner. Why make such a drastic change when he's so successful where he is? Dabo believes in growing where you are planted, not being grafted into some other locale. I seriously doubt he'd make a career move like that.

And Chip Kelly.***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Don’t make the same mistake that Saban and Spurrier made.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Dabo To Cleveland?

Oct 30, 2018, 11:15 AM

Only if he's inducted to the R&R HOF for his celebration dances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 11:17 AM

Saturday down South is putting this out.. lol.. Yeah, the SEC would definitely love it if CDS left CU. Any threat to the SEC dominance must be removed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 11:20 AM

don't think NFL good fit for Dabo. He's used to players actually listening to him and following instructions

Oct 30, 2018, 11:24 AM

I guess I could understand the desire for a new challenge MAYBE, but whey would someone who is making an extremely nice payday and has earned himself massive goodwill at 1 place move to somewhere where he would likely be fired in 2-3 years if they don't immediately win big?

Browns Execs don’t expect to “win big”

Oct 30, 2018, 6:36 PM

i mean if Hue Jackson won one game in 2 years and just now got fired, the expectations can’t be that high

Bless their hearts!

Oct 30, 2018, 11:25 AM

Right...Dabo just going to abandon his kids to go to snowy Cleveland.....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a chance, I can see Urban Meyer going though

Oct 30, 2018, 11:27 AM

He may want a refresh after this latest Ohio State fiasco and he’d still be in Ohio where he’s adored. Would be less stressful for his “heart” condition as well without year round recruiting. For what it’s worth front page of ESPN lists Urban, Jim Harbough, Lincoln Riley, Matt Campbell as candidates but not Dabo.

Re: Not a chance, I can see Urban Meyer going though

Oct 30, 2018, 11:35 AM

I thought of Urban myself. Lincoln Riley might have a bit of that ego in him to try so who knows? Matt Campbell is another great coach imo, and I for one was thrilled when South Carolina did not pursue either him or Riley. Because why would you go after actual talent when you can instead have an "SEC pedigree " lmao.

Oct 30, 2018, 11:33 AM

The slightest notion of this is absolute absurd insanity. No way no how not ever.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 11:38 AM

TigerTrout said:

I just don't see it. I believe he is here for life unless Alabama opens up then he may consider that.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/dabo-swinney-mentioned-as-potential-candidate-for-cleveland-browns-opening/

This belongs on the "Onion"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a good agent who will make sure his name is mentioned

Oct 30, 2018, 11:44 AM

He has a good agent who will make sure his name is mentioned to help in negotiations. He is just doing best by his client.

Oct 30, 2018, 11:45 AM

Let me see if I can do this right. It's an $ec and e$ecpn conspiracy to cause a distraction to our team since we're the only threat to Alabama.Well?

Oct 30, 2018, 12:41 PM

His coaching style won't work in the NFL, he would have to start from scratch, I can see him going to Sweet Home Alabama in the near future though.

Dabo isn’t going anywhere. Certainly not to coach

Oct 30, 2018, 11:56 AM

Cleveland in the NFL.

null

Re: Dabo isn’t going anywhere. Certainly not to coach

Oct 30, 2018, 8:41 PM

man you got to love the mot

Dabo is not chasing $ so that won't be a huge factor for him

Oct 30, 2018, 12:37 PM

and how much money is enough anyway if you're already making close to $9M with incentives. Just don't see Dabo having any interest in NFL. The only advantage is he wouldn't have to recruit but NFL coaches pretty much spend their whole day every day at the office so he would still have probably the same or more time invested, just wouldn't be on the road as much. Again, just don't think he would leave college because he feels like he has a great pedestal (and he does) to mentor and mold young men. NFL would be a whole new deal. JMO

Oct 30, 2018, 12:53 PM

Nah... The Browns are the Coots of the NFL.

Oct 30, 2018, 1:04 PM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Oct 30, 2018, 7:11 PM

Agree DeR. Sigh...to infinity (or even the infinity symbol) just doesn’t have the same effect.
Why in the world would a man of Coach Swinney’s cunning, and his uncanny foresight, commit career suicide?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 3:53 PM

Nah..... Dabo likes winning

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Oct 30, 2018, 4:02 PM

Unlikely? Maybe. But never say never. I think Dabo loves Clemson, but he’s also a guy that seems to me to be a bit restless. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he were to take a crack at the NFL. Do I think he leaves for the Browns, though? I’m not so sure about that.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 4:08 PM

RESTLESS. SMFH AT SOME OF YOU PEOPLE

Oct 30, 2018, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo To Cleveland? ]

What does that even mean here? Restless?

Oct 30, 2018, 4:25 PM

Writer lives in Athens. Case closed.

Yep. Pretty much a done deal.***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:31 PM

Re: Yep. Pretty much a done deal.***

Oct 30, 2018, 4:36 PM

I would like to go to Cleveland...to visit the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Dabo is welcome to join me!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 5:58 PM

This is just REC (red elephant club) droppings. Anytime you hear illogical stuff that could potentially hurt that school, their recruiting, their momentum on the national stage you should immediately suspect the REC is gearing up for an operation. Do you remember the whole Tajh Boyd gambling crap right before the FSU-Clemson game? Bama can’t stand anybody else eclipsing their light, as dark as their light may be. I think they are resigned to the fact that Dabo ain’t coming back home to carry on Napoleons reign of terror.

Re: Dabo To Cleveland? Nope***

Oct 30, 2018, 6:26 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't see it at all

Oct 30, 2018, 6:52 PM

Not a good fit for either side. Dabo is meant to be a college coach.

Oct 30, 2018, 8:12 PM

Somebody call Dabo and remind him of when Darth Visor left college football to coach the Redskins and how that all turned out.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic