Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Swinney season preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,744

Dabo Swinney season preview

Jul 17, 2018, 6:46 PM

We'll be getting started in a few minutes with Dabo Swinney as we wrap up media day at The Reserve.

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Swinney season preview

Jul 17, 2018, 6:49 PM

Dabo: "I'm very encouraged about where we are. I met with (strength coach) Joey Batson yesterday to get the rundown on everybody. I spoke with Christian Wilkins today to get his take."

Jul 17, 2018, 6:50 PM

Dabo: "They're just ready to go. Everybody is eager and ready to go play."

Jul 17, 2018, 6:53 PM

Dabo: "This particular year is unique because we didn't lose very many players. We return almost everybody on defense. Dorian (O'Daniel) is probably our biggest loss. There are some guys that played a lot last year and got some good experience. This is a rare year."

Jul 17, 2018, 6:54 PM

Dabo: "It's fun to have a team that doesn't have a blank look when they look at you. They know what's coming. They know what it takes. With so many veterans, they expect to win and they know what it takes. We're going to get everybody's best shot because that's where we are as a program and we have to accept that challenge every single week."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:02 PM

Dabo on playing multiple quarterbacks: "We can do it (successfully) if we have to. There's nothing wrong with having multiple good players at a position...Regardless of what happens, Kelly Bryant will have a chance to play. If he's not the starter, he's still going to play. If he wins the job, well, he has to go earn it every day. You have to play guys in order to get them experience.'

Jul 17, 2018, 7:30 PM

This looks like a Freudian slip right here. Why would the incumbent starter only “have a chance to play”

TL is about to start earlier than we all think it sounds like

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 7:08 PM

Dabo: "The players accept the depth chart. There are very few and rare times that guys look at the depth chart and go, 'what?' It can be that way in the media because you guys aren't there every day to see what's going on and see what they're coached to do. There are no lifetime contracts (on the depth chart)."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:10 PM

Dabo: "I believe we can win with any of these guys (Bryant, Lawerence, Brice) and when I say win, I mean go compete for the league.'

Jul 17, 2018, 7:11 PM

Dabo: "Kelly is handling the pressure very, very well. When you go back to last year, that kid made some big plays in critical situations. He made some mistakes, too, but he was a first-year starter. He'll continue to get better this year, too."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:14 PM

Dabo on the defense: "When guys come back, they don't come back to coast. They come back to make a statement. They come back to put an exclamation mark. They are all eager to perform. Trayvon (Mullen), the focus of that guy is on another level. A.J. Terrell is on another level. Mark Fields, I hope he puts it all together. Isaiah Simmons, I'm excited to see him. He's unique."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:15 PM

Dabo on the defense: "Albert Huggins, if he can stay healthy, I think he can be a guy we all thought he could be. I think the light came on for him. Nyles Pinckney is ready to take another step."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:17 PM

Dabo: "Kendall Joseph is as good a linebacker as we've had here in my nine years."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:22 PM

Dabo on the offense: "I think we were aggressive at times last year when we needed to be. We were in control of a lot of games early. In 2016, we were in a lot of shootouts. We controlled the games a lot more and sometimes as a result of that, your style of play is reflected in that."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:24 PM

Dabo on the offense: "From a pure offensive standpoint, we want to get back to being one of the top offenses in the country...We weren't' as explosive or precise as we were in previous years but we had a new center, quarterback, wideouts. We just weren't quite where we had been, but we have the recipe to get back to being one of the top offenses in the country"

Jul 17, 2018, 7:27 PM

Dabo: "Trevion (Thompson), we could've penciled him in anywhere on the depth chart. He's going to play everywhere. He's a breath of fresh air. He's Jaron Brown with a little more talent. He's a good player, now. This kid is going to be a big player for us. He's the unquestioned leader of that group."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:29 PM

Dabo: "John Simpson is going to have a big year for us. I think Gage Cervenka is a guy that has really come on and is ready to have a big junior and senior year. A.J. Terrell on defense is a special player and special young man."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:31 PM

Dabo on injuries: "Nolan Turner had shoulder surgery but he will be back when we start camp. He has all of his strength back. We'll have him in a shoulder harness. Jamie Skalski had a fifth metatarsal deal but he should be back. We had a couple of guys that had things over the summer but should be fine once we start camp. Dexter (Lawrence) is good. It's really surprising how well he played last year at times. He's excited."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:33 PM

Dabo on the kicking competition: "Huegel is in a good place mentally. Alex Spence, the experience was huge for him. B.T. Potter, I haven't seen him live since he's been here."

Jul 17, 2018, 7:37 PM

And...we're done.

Jul 17, 2018, 7:55 PM

THANKS DAVID ____great job sir !!!!

Jul 17, 2018, 7:59 PM

That is a great format. Thanks a lot.

Jul 17, 2018, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney season preview ]

That is a great format. Thanks a lot.

Jul 17, 2018, 8:03 PM

You can say that again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney season preview ]

Hey David, was there any information from Dabo or Tony Elliot on the backs today? I didn't see anything unless I missed it and I was hoping to hear a little bit about Lyn-J Dixon.

Thank you.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney season preview ]

Hey David, was there any information from Dabo or Tony Elliot on the backs today? I didn't see anything unless I missed it and I was hoping to hear a little bit about Lyn-J Dixon.

Thank you.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love to hear this...

Jul 17, 2018, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney season preview ]

"Dexter (Lawrence) is good.... He's excited."

I'll bet he is - and -

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,744
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic