Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Swinney Youth Football Camps (kinda long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 101

Dabo Swinney Youth Football Camps (kinda long)

Jun 11, 2019, 11:22 AM

My middle school son attended last weekend. This was his third year. His first year, he was in complete awe because he ate lunch and hung out with Ray Ray McCloud, Wayne Gallman, and Artaivis Scott. He’s also been coached by Hunter Renfrow, and this year it was Justyn Ross, and Amari Rogers. All the young men, who aren’t as well known, they all work and help with the camps. These young men are great with the kids and take the time to just have fun with them. Coach Swinney and his staff blow us away every year with the time and oversight they put into these camps. They know that they are now at the level of making a positive impact on young people. They are very open with their faith, and what putting God first can do for you in your life. If you’ve never heard Coach Elliotts’s story, wow, look it up. We’ve even met gamecock fans who bring their kids. They say Clemson’s camp is so much better than USuC’s.
As Clemson fans, we are beyond blessed to have Coach Swinney, Coaches Scott, Elliott, Venables, and the staff they’ve put together. These are truly good times in Clemson Fooball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Swinney Youth Football Camps (kinda long)

Jun 11, 2019, 11:35 AM

LCTiger97 -- That isn't "kinda long", that's short. It's things of this nature that defines the program Dabo, staff and players have established here at Clemson. Parents, such as you, see first hand parts of the program some of us never experience. There are many stories to be told about programs at Clemson that have a lasting impression with our youth and parents and generate additional pride for all Tiger fans. I, for one, look forward to these stories and don't mind them being "kinda long".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 11:49 AM

Thanks so much sir! Just put that warning in there because you know how some people’s attention spans are these days! It’s an honor to get a reply from you and Go Tigers!

It's only "kinda long" for the No Attention Span generation.***

Jun 11, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney Youth Football Camps (kinda long) ]

Re: It's only "kinda long" for the No Attention Span generation.***

Jun 11, 2019, 12:33 PM

Which is most of this board!

Jun 11, 2019, 12:37 PM

Mine was there for the second year in a row and I second everything you said LC. I will also say that while it’s a “youth” camp the players and coaches are absolutely teaching some of the finer football details that are cornerstones of this programs on field success. My son spent a lot of time under Jeff Scott this year and he pushed everybody on every drill with great coaching points as well as a little discipline too! Some guy named Dabo dropped in on them several times for some coaching as well. It’s easy to see the true purpose of Dabo’s camp is to inspire all - kids and parents.

Jun 11, 2019, 12:52 PM

It's got to be one of, if not the best there is in the country. My son attended for several years before they did away with the overnight stay. My only knock was the number of campers had grown so much it felt as if the amount of instruction was limited. It's good problem to have! We met people from Virginia & Mississippi that came because they heard how well it was ran. There's nothing more exciting than to see your son getting coached by BV with the same type of intensity as what you see on TV

I hope to have my son attend next year after he completes his first year of HS play. The highlight of every camp for us was Dabo's speech at the end. Fast forward...it's now pretty cool for us to see our son and the OL at our school being coached by his former camp leader, Ryan Norton.

Go Tigers!

The cacks should be banned from Dabo's camp

Jun 11, 2019, 1:18 PM

guilt by association.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 1:37 PM

Terry Bowden said at last weeks camp that this was the best camp he has ever been associated with.

I had a thought to post regarding the HS camp last week

Jun 11, 2019, 4:05 PM

as well but all of the thoughts in observing the attention to detail from registration to pick up on Thursday was one of the most well organized events that I have ever attended. It is amazing to not only see the mantras in action but to also see how the expectations of conduct and professionalism gets carried over to all of the guest coaches as well. The current and former players who commit their time only speaks to Dabo's leadership and ability to inspire the best in others. I ran into CJ Spiller, and I congratulated him for the CFB HOF nomination and he didn't take it for himself, he immediately spoke of what it will mean for CLEMSON if he is elected. We both noted the well deserved HOF election of Brian Dawkins, and again, he noted how big that election is for Clemson. Former players I went to Clemson with were plentiful and were ALL IN with Dabo and it was genuine... living here in Cooterville and I can tell you that former players for usuck have widely varying feelings toward their former school and program, from very positive to very negative...

It is a great time to be a Tiger, and I wear my stripes proudly!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic