Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Swinney Monday Teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Oct 5, 2009, 2:30 PM

Audio and quick notes from the teleconference Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney had with the media on Monday to discuss the Maryland game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no changes in staff...

Oct 5, 2009, 2:33 PM

well there goes THAT idea!

Hopefully a change in head coach letting OC call

Oct 5, 2009, 2:37 PM

the game.

Re: Dabo Swinney Monday Teleconference

Oct 5, 2009, 2:47 PM

Fire SID staff for mistake with Napier facing press.

???? I am sure that SID dept at SoCAL, UF, OSU, AL

Oct 5, 2009, 3:13 PM

have all made those types of mistakes before.

Billy and I will use all our experience to come up with

Oct 5, 2009, 2:52 PM

something that might work, otherwise, we hope CJ can can just win it by outrunning the other team.

I like Dabo, and even I can admit that this is funny! LOL!***

Oct 5, 2009, 6:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I like Dabo, and even I can admit that this is funny! LOL!***

Oct 6, 2009, 8:05 PM

When you think about it the whole thing is rather comical! The whole offensive staff has no cue as to how to move the football. Not on the ground, not in the air or any other way. We can't gain 4 or 5 yards running on first down, we can't get a yard when we need it on third down, we can't throw the ball over the middle or hit a moving receiver that might be able to gain yards after the catch. We are only capable of throwing to receivers that are running down the sidelines or standing still. Our coaches are very good bs artists. I am really tired of hearing: we have to coach better, we have to teach them to win, we have to stop making mistakes. Teach them to play football and you won't have to worry about all of this bs.

If you believe that Napier not coming out was a mix-up

Oct 5, 2009, 2:58 PM

I've got some ocean front property in Coot-lumbia to sell you...

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

so i see he is pulling a bowden....rather keep his friend...

Oct 5, 2009, 4:55 PM

as OC than win ball games.

Talent

Oct 5, 2009, 5:22 PM [ in reply to If you believe that Napier not coming out was a mix-up ]

Most of the folks who respond here talk about how we have more talent than other teams. I want to know where? We have special talent in CJ Spiller at kick returner. His talent at RB is good maybe not great. Could be better with an offensive line.
I think we have talent at DE in bowers and sapp.
Beyond that where is all this talent that we have? Sure isn't at WR or OL. Our LB's are OK, DB's good. QB?? mediocre yet VERY green.
This team is NOT more talented that TCU, GaTech! Maryland showed that this team is not much if any more talented than they are, otherwise they would have beaten MD in spite of poor decisions by the staff.
I feel like we think are talent is there because we say it is there, you know perception is reality. Maybe they just arent that good.
ok i feel better now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Total BS

Oct 5, 2009, 5:26 PM

DrB is right - Clemson is the worst team in the country at utilizing its talent. It seems the Offensive schemes - both under Bowden and now under Billy/Dabo - are designed to negate the tremendous speed advantages we have.

Re: Total BS

Oct 6, 2009, 5:02 PM

And you expected different
Dabo was prt ofthe Bowden soultion and plan

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Yeah, but if that is true then TNet can't blame the coaches.

Oct 5, 2009, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Talent ]

And we can't have that. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

How silly. More talent, poorly coached means a weaker TEAM.

Oct 6, 2009, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Talent ]

Other than FSU & Miami, Clemson probably has more PLAYER talent than anybody on the schedule. Clemson has so much more PLAYER talent than UMD, it's ridiculous. Who's getting drafted from that UMD team? Da'rell Scott, and uhhh.... Hmmmm. Clemson will be sending many times more guys to the NFL. For example, Spiller (1st round), Austin (ranked #1 at his position), Jacoby, Hairston, Sapp, Bowers, Jenkins, Butler, Chancellor, McDaniel, and maybe Conner & Alexander. In addition, we have 2 mobile Elite Eleven QBs that a good coach should have been able to turn into adequate starters. (See Matt Barkley, Tate Forcier, et al.) We've got a decent O-line including some pretty talented TEs. And we've got some RBs (especially Harper and Ellington) who have a lot of talent, were rated highly, and other teams would love to have.

The problem is that Napier is in over his head. All the PLAYER talent in the world doesn't matter if the play calling stinks, the game planning stinks, and the players aren't coached properly to block and execute as a team.

Re: How silly. More talent, poorly coached means a weaker TEAM.

Oct 6, 2009, 9:29 AM

if we are so talented they would win in spite of coaching. we have talent, just not very much and where it is lacking is what really hurts they one that have the talent.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talent

Oct 6, 2009, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Talent ]

well on offense we have 4 OL, 3 tight ends, 3 RBs, 1 WR and 3 QBs that could start on any team in the ACC and with proper coaching do very well. On defense we have 8 DL, 3 CBs, 2 safties, 2 LBs that could do the same.

Mixup with SID? You lie!!!***

Oct 5, 2009, 3:42 PM

Mixup my ####...presser is the same time every Monday...

Oct 5, 2009, 5:40 PM

Napier could not even get that play right.

Re: Mixup my ####...presser is the same time every Monday...

Oct 5, 2009, 5:57 PM

Honestly, I don't care of Napier talks to the media anyway..Is this a big deal? If he comes out and talks, do all of you guys feel better? No, you don't because all you want to do is hear him say something that pisses you off even more...Do we honestly want Dabo to fire coaches right now? after five games? that sure sends a strong message to prospects...let's all breath and relax...the sun will come up tomorrow, I'm sure of it...save all of this for December..then we will see if Dabo is head coaching material and if he will make the necessary changes within the staff...fire away guys

Re: Mixup my ####...presser is the same time every Monday...

Oct 5, 2009, 7:52 PM

Great post! I agree. Nothing is going to happen right now...so might as well inhibit hypertensive tendencies

You are correct. Thanks for some sanity in one of the most

Oct 5, 2009, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Mixup my ####...presser is the same time every Monday... ]

insane days ever!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2009, 7:55 PM

Spring drills and fall drills are for installing the fundamentals of the game.Going into the sixth game is a little late for fundamentals.Dabo,you are in over your head as head coach.Your hire will destroy this program.

Dabo can't destroy it as BOT did that after 1989 season!

Oct 5, 2009, 10:18 PM

Dabo will get the job done. Maryland blew us out of Byrd Stadium in 1980, and we came home and beat the great and mighty #####, and oh yes, won it all the following year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2009, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney Monday Teleconference ]

I may be 100% wrong, but I respectively disagree cubobby80. I think Dabo has the moxy for the job, but I think he made a mistake with Napier. He did great hiring Steele, but he messed up with Napier. I wonder if the front office (TDP) due to the money paid to Bowden choked his budget and didn't allow him to hire a decent OC. I don't know if anyone, including Napier, should be fired until after the season, but responsibilities should definitely change. I think Brad Scott could call the offense better. ((I had to reach way down within me to get myself to say that))

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2009, 7:54 AM

Keeping Brad Scott is a huge mistake.The best thing Dabo can do after the season is fire the entire offensive staff and bring in new ideas.Also,Dabo needs to stay completely out of the offense.He is an offensive moron.He will get two to three years to prove his worth.What i have seen so far shows me me that Dabo is in over his head as head coach.

Oct 6, 2009, 9:21 AM

I came up with the perfect solution for the woes we have suffered as CU fans. Four years back, I moved to Alabama where they really do understand the game, how its played and will pour the resources into the program to achieve their goal. Even after moving, I kept following the Tigers and bought into the hype as before. I even made it to some games. However, after 4 years, I've come to the realization that nothing is going to change for the better and I decided to cut my losses and bought me some Tide shirts and hats. It works!! Good luck to the fans of CU but be ready for dissapointments.

Turncoot...just kidding.***

Oct 6, 2009, 12:37 PM

Oct 6, 2009, 4:18 PM

Far from "turncoot". I will take in my first Tide game on the 17th to watch them defeather and fry the Coots in Tuscaloosa. Roll Tide! MT

Oct 6, 2009, 4:53 PM

Dabo said it ws a mix up
We agree it was a mix up in the gme and after the game
Dabo says it will not happen again
He needs to make believers
Working on execution is an exellent idea as well as fundementals like blocking for Rbs and Receivers and wrapping up tackles on D.
I think the fans are far more disappointed than Dabo and the coaching staff.

Message was edited by: CUTIGERTIM®

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Oct 6, 2009, 7:01 PM

How you can you believe in inexperienced inept loser?Go drink some more orange kool aid.I am all out.

Oct 6, 2009, 8:34 PM

I too am really disappointed. On the one hand, I wonder if these guys ever played the game before. Then I think, well they obviously have talent, but what the heck happened? Could it be that we (the team) have become so accustomed to relying on CJ, Davis, Ford's big play ability that we have lost our work ethic? Our opponents have figured out, you stop 28, and we got them. Hit them in the mouth as one said last year and they fold? Sure sounds about right....Hopefully our team, and coaches read these boards. Just execute guys and everything else falls into place.

Oct 6, 2009, 10:22 PM

Be prepared for more , Tiger faithful. After yaers of losing, this coaching staff continues the Bowden era. Hire a real coach! We sure have paid enough for the less than mediocre ones in the past!

Oct 7, 2009, 6:40 AM

This season is over.Dabo you are not head coaching material.

Re: Dabo

Oct 7, 2009, 7:31 AM

Wonder wht brad Scott is thinking about all this

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic