Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo "I'm not trying to please the fans"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

Dabo "I'm not trying to please the fans"

Oct 8, 2017, 7:37 PM

Might want to re-think that statement
You're the one who calls out the fans
asking & talking about "All-In"
With out the fans and their $$$$$
I'm sure with you having a MBA
you have heard this many times
The customer is always right
and the boss is never wrong
The fans you talk about not trying to please
are both the customer's and boss in so many ways
Might stop to think about a former Clemson HC who
also had the mind-set of not thinking about the fans
I understand what you were trying to say, don't
agree with the way you said it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo "I'm not trying to please the fans"

Oct 8, 2017, 7:38 PM

Duly noted

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 7:40 PM

You are calling out Dabo cause he calls out the "fans" for not showing up or staying, yet HE is the one that has to lead the team through all the distractions and get them ready to play every weekend. Confused much?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 7:53 PM

I have NO issues calling Dabo out
if and when I see or feel I should

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has no problem calling fans out when he

Oct 8, 2017, 8:20 PM

feels the need. Goes both ways.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo "I'm not trying to please the fans" ]

Your are either a gamecock or dumb as dirt. Not much difference between the two

"Your are".. and you call someone else dumb.***

Oct 9, 2017, 8:44 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Snowflake response

Oct 8, 2017, 7:39 PM

Dabo could call me a Gamecock to my face for all I care.

As long as he's winning football games (you know, what he's PAID to do), I'm happy with him and the $$$ will keep rolling in from fans who don't look to get offended

Re: Snowflake response

Oct 8, 2017, 7:43 PM

LOL

Cream Puff War > Don't Want To Lose You***

Oct 9, 2017, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Snowflake response ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

just a guess

Oct 8, 2017, 7:40 PM

But I don't think Dabo reads TNet

Winning cures all ails***

Oct 8, 2017, 7:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Oct 8, 2017, 7:41 PM

I think Dabo pleases the fans by winning, he has built this program that No Clemson fan has ever seen. We have never been this, good.
GO TIGER'S!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has the right to think that way and say what he thinks

Oct 8, 2017, 7:44 PM

but he shouldn't then expect the fans to want to please him either.

Is this in Poem form?***

Oct 8, 2017, 7:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this in Poem form?***

Oct 8, 2017, 9:58 PM

I think we know who started the Woo Hoo.......

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fans are not the boss, the AD and University President

Oct 8, 2017, 7:48 PM

are the "bosses".

Fan is short for "fanatic" and fans can often become fanatical and expect every pass to be caught, every tackle made, and are always ready to complain about every decision made by coaches.

Clemson fans are no different than other school's fans in this regard. If a coach is worrying about Internet website chatter, or sport talk radio hyperbole, then they are not doing their primary job, which is to prepare their team for each game during the season.

I think Dabo has more than proven he knows what he is doing.

I can't believe someone TD'd you.

Oct 9, 2017, 8:46 AM

TU to help.

Oct 8, 2017, 7:48 PM

I sincerely apologize, thank your for showing me the error of my ways. There is no way I could have taken our team to back to back NCG’s and won one without the boards on TigerNet.

Your loyal employee and vendor,

Coach Dabo Swinney

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't TD much, but reserved one just for your...

Oct 8, 2017, 7:50 PM

...ridiculous criticism of Dabo. He does what he does for our program, and the success of our team. So his statement is true. Fans can either get on board with the tremendous success we have had or jump off. Unreal that we are having any kind of conversation about this given what he has done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I don't TD much, but reserved one just for your...

Oct 8, 2017, 7:56 PM

Thank YOU
I was a Tiger before Dabo ever heard
about Clemson and if I'm still living
I will be a Tiger when he is gone

Well that's great. I went to my first game in '74...

Oct 8, 2017, 8:15 PM

...sliding down the hill next to the WEZ on a cardboard box. Congrats on being a Tiger fan for so long. You should know better than most to appreciate what we have now and enjoy the ride.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Well that's great. I went to my first game in '74...

Oct 8, 2017, 8:23 PM

Chill. This guy his a high pulse. The original post was 14 lines, sonnet? Then a couplet. Me thinks he is a few IPAs deep and baiting.

A high pulse doesn't excuse you from TD's when deserved***

Oct 9, 2017, 8:50 AM

MOAB bringing the high heat.***

Oct 8, 2017, 8:11 PM [ in reply to I don't TD much, but reserved one just for your... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

DO NOT ZOOM IN ON HIS AVATAR

Oct 9, 2017, 8:48 AM [ in reply to I don't TD much, but reserved one just for your... ]

It cannot be unseen!

Oct 8, 2017, 7:50 PM

I don’t blame him for being sick and tired of the a$$inine questions and criticisms. One would think he had earned the benefit of the doubt by now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst sonnet ever.

Oct 8, 2017, 7:52 PM

Good try, though.

Oct 8, 2017, 7:54 PM

This is ridiculous. In two short years we have become a spoiled rotten fan base. If there is anyone involved with this program that deserves our utmost respect it is Dabo Swinney. We have yet to lose a game after winning the national championship and we are in a war of words with our head coach. Pathetic

You're right, we should get rid of him and get a real coach!

Oct 8, 2017, 7:55 PM

Some of the crap that gets posted on here is getting worse with every win. I wonder how some of you would've done in 1998 with a total of 3 wins. I wish some of these so called supporters would jump off of the bandwagon.

The comments have gotten beyond ridiculous...

Oct 8, 2017, 7:57 PM

...and into the realm of childish. We are 6-0, ranked 2nd in the nation, and yet some of these stooges find things to grip about 24/7.

Oct 8, 2017, 7:57 PM

Come on man. You can't play semantics with stuff like this. Dabo is right in what he said & doesn't need to worry about how certain fans take it. He's trying to win football games & is doing just that. He doesn't have to worry about if fans like "how" the team is winning.

Dabo's job is to win football games while representing the

Oct 8, 2017, 7:59 PM

university in keeping and reflecting it's values and traditions. He's doing a stellar job at both, and the fans absolutely adore him.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dabo's job is to win football games while representing the

Oct 8, 2017, 8:04 PM

Never said anything about the Job he is doing
He is the one that has called the Fans out many
times
Even if he thinks the fans do not have anything
to do with how our Tigers are playing
How many $$$$$$$ have the fans put into Football
over the last 9 years
Just saying I think he could have used another way
to address the fans
No he's not man enough to offend me with his words
or actions

So you are or are NOT offended by his words?***

Oct 8, 2017, 8:26 PM

I see nothing wrong whatsoever with what he said or how he

Oct 8, 2017, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo's job is to win football games while representing the ]

said it. As I said, the vast majority of fans love Dabo and I suspect very few took any exception to his comments.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

^^^ This kind of crap sends a guy like Dabo to Alabama ! ^^^

Oct 8, 2017, 8:00 PM

Give us a break with the inflammatory comments !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He would like to see that***

Oct 8, 2017, 8:03 PM

Re: ^^^ This kind of crap sends a guy like Dabo to Alabama ! ^^^

Oct 8, 2017, 8:07 PM [ in reply to ^^^ This kind of crap sends a guy like Dabo to Alabama ! ^^^ ]

?
what did I say that was not the truth
Dabo said it I did not
and when I see him I'm going to tell him
I did not agree with the way he said it

Wolf in sheep skin in your avatar...

Oct 8, 2017, 8:13 PM

That is kind of interesting. Apparently you were doing so well, til now.

Oct 8, 2017, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ This kind of crap sends a guy like Dabo to Alabama ! ^^^ ]

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but you said yourself that you understood what Dabo was trying to say. Are you truly so petty as to take such offense to a minor nuance, take to the boards, ask to confront our head coach over it "the next time you see him." Do I have that right?? Please. Get a hold of yourself.

In my view Dabo's comments reflect the distinction between a democracy and a republic. We made Dabo our head coach empowering him to make the correct decisions regarding the program in every facet. You seem inclined to believe that the masses are entitled to their say or else?? This isn't mob rules. We're not going to pick the quarterback based on fan ballot for example.

I'm guessing you were one of the "up the middle, up the middle, pass, punt" chanters I had to tolerate when I was in school.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 9:35 PM

I was in the stands then too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well be sure and tell him when you see him...

Oct 8, 2017, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ This kind of crap sends a guy like Dabo to Alabama ! ^^^ ]

...I know that will work out just great. Wow.

What was the context of the question from the reporter?

Oct 8, 2017, 8:13 PM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al Champs!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

He should have said: "I'm not trying to

Oct 8, 2017, 8:16 PM

Please the nutty fans who care about how much we win by. I'll please 95% by just winning."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 8:16 PM

Can you just imagine being Dabo. You take over a program that hadn't won a NC for nearly 30 years, an ACC championship for 20, or even had a 10 win season for 20 years. You've now won 10 games or more in a row for 6 years in a row, 3 ACC championships while playing for a total of 4, won a NC and played for a 2nd, and you're 6-0 this season, ranked #2, and have gone 34-2 over the last 2 and a half seasons. Yet, you have fans complaining because you're not beating teams by enough points, even while half your wins for the season are against top 15 teams. It would be hard to not start hating some of the fans.

Well when you put it that way....ouch.

Oct 8, 2017, 8:24 PM

Maybe we should trust him.

Oct 8, 2017, 8:17 PM

If he keeps winning, and winning the right way, he'll please the vast majority of fans. The select few, ex. Freedom From Religion, can continue to complain but they'll mostly fall on deaf ears.

He wasn't talking Tnet obviously.

Oct 8, 2017, 8:21 PM

I am sure he comes here for advice all the time and just reads and doesn't post. That's part of the reason why the team always gets better as the season goes on. One day he will come with his first post and somebody will call him a coot.

And yet, he is doing it quite well

Oct 8, 2017, 8:22 PM

Don't you think?

Think about it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Oct 8, 2017, 8:31 PM

He was right. It's his program.

Dabo considers the development of his players both on and

Oct 8, 2017, 8:31 PM

off the field as his number one priority. That's the way it should be. He answers to his superiors at the university, not the fans. We contribute to IPTAY and buy tickets in order to have the privilege of watching the team he puts on the field.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 8, 2017, 8:32 PM

No dumbarse he didn’t, I didn’t learn that in my MBA either because the customer isn’t always right. But leave it to an ignorant a$$hat to say some ridiculous saying that’s factually incorrect to criticize someone that’s been a thousand times more successful than them.

Oct 8, 2017, 8:32 PM

I have an MBA am too and the customer is often wrong if not usually.

I don't TD anyone with more than 1000 pts and a 100% pulse

Oct 8, 2017, 8:44 PM

That said we can gripe and biaaaatch and whine and moan, but at the end of the day we don't even have a clue what this mans strategy is, we can pretend to but we don't. How do I know? Because we don't know anything about winning, how we became a winning team, how these players got so good or why we do much of anything. All we see are wins. I trust Dabo until he has a losing season. Then we can ask questions.

It's a football message board with morons

Oct 8, 2017, 8:47 PM

and old fat guys who think they know more than the coach. The customer is almost always wrong

Well said***

Oct 8, 2017, 11:33 PM

Oct 8, 2017, 9:24 PM

Remember this you idiot when he leaves because of horrible fans like yourself. Then whennwebar 3-9 don't complain because people like you get your snowflake panties in a wad with winning but not winning the way you want. Your a dumb b%$#h. I would love to bash your face! Pansie

I know what you mean, but read no malice in Dabo's comments.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:29 PM

He could have perhaps chosen his words better or just not said anything. He does this sometimes (last year's MLK comments) but he is the best thing that has happened to Clemson since, well since forever.

He gets the benefit of a doubt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 10:21 PM

I think the question is BS and dabo should have seen it through it. Most understand what he's doing. We are the only team in the country that has had opportunity to play 2 and 3 QBs a game. The amount of players who see playing time is a huge recruiting message. For some reason our coach is responding like a Saban would. He's on a mission. Go Dabo and tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 10:50 PM

If you knew anything about what an MBA teaches you’d know that the phrase “the customer is always right and the boss is never wrong” is never said. It’s wrong and terrible advice for reasons you’d know if you had an MBA.

Oct 8, 2017, 11:36 PM

Tough. We are pleased all the same. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

It's just coachspeak

Oct 8, 2017, 11:49 PM

He knows the offense is underperforming and he has to get them in shape or we're not going to win out. He just has to say the things the people want to hear so he can't be pinned down for anything specific in a future presser.

Oct 8, 2017, 11:52 PM

Since you love offering unsolicited advice, let me also give you some...it’s better to shut your mouth and let everyone assume you’re an arrogant fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You, sir, should talk rarely. Do us all a favor and delete your account.

Oct 9, 2017, 12:42 AM

Not sure if the OP is a professional business man, but I don't know how many times in my 40+ years on the job that I heard "I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to fix your problems". IMHO - this is similar to Dabo saying what he said. He is here to COACH - and WIN - which he is doing very well. When I hired people to fix my company's problems, I wanted them fixed, even if it hurt some feelings.

For me - I am in Dabo's camp on this. He is not here to try to please the fans. Geez. Can we get some cheese to go with the whine?

Oct 9, 2017, 5:08 AM

Oh my.Nothing to see here. Moving on to more important things like why Nuk says Daniel instead of Clemson. The more we win the worse this site gets.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn’t realize we selected the HC based on his ability

Oct 9, 2017, 6:32 AM

To make sspassport (coot) happy.

His job is to coach the team and win games, not make you happy snowflake. Who the hell are you comparing him to? Dabo has a national championship, Are you really threatening to run him out of Clemson because your wittle feelings are hurt?

Go back to Columbia coot.

Silly post!..We are WINNING, so the customer is happy.

Oct 9, 2017, 8:36 AM

I worked for a State Agency that was a semi-service type section. Oftentimes our customers would lose something or screw it up themselves and blame it on my guys. They went on, what was called the "known offenders" list in my office(one DMV near the coast was probably the worst). During a meeting with big bosses, they called and I was very short with them , and one of the bosses took me to task with the old, "The customer is always right", nonsense. Already pissed off(as usual, more work for my guys, no more pay for it), I told him, "The customer here is always right unless we know the customer is full of sh-t". He laughed(fortunately). It became our second motto.

Oh boy.***

Oct 9, 2017, 8:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

When your team is having as much success as this

Oct 9, 2017, 8:47 AM

Some people just need something to ##### about...

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic