Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 5,095

Dabo...

Oct 24, 2015, 3:49 PM

Coach Swinney gets a lot of attention nationally because of many reasons but not NEARLY enough for the job he does as our head coach and leader. 8 years ago many, including most of us t-netters, wondered if he could handle this job.

All he has done since taking over is elevating us almost every year. Winning 10 games 4 (about to be 5) times. We NEVER lose games to unranked teams. He has made Clemson a household name nation wide. We have won an ACC, an orange bowl, and beaten countless top 10 teams. And now, we are a perennial top 10-15 team.

Also, he ALWAYS has our guys ready to play. With Dabo, we don't have to worry about slipping up or not being prepared. He has this team focuses EVERY week.

With all that said, we also need to focus on a few other things. He makes great hires and sees potential where others may not. He graduates kids. We constantly put guys in the NFL. And most importantly, he teaches kids life and what it means to be a team, a winner, and life after football. It is great to see former players always coming back and giving back.

Great job tigers!

Keep it up! Time to take down the wuffies!

Message was edited by: easleytigr®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo...

Oct 24, 2015, 3:51 PM

Amen Man!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Contract

Oct 24, 2015, 4:02 PM

I hesitate to say this but I think it is time. It is time to sign Dabo and Brent Venables to LIFETIME contracts, NOW.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2015, 4:11 PM

I will second that motion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 1:31 AM

I will 2nd a motion to lock in every coach we have at this point with a clause that says, If you slip from your best is the standard, your contract may slip away bc your standard has slipped below our standard....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo...

Oct 24, 2015, 4:47 PM

THere is NO ONE I would rather have coaching our team and representing Clemson than Coach Swinney! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said it before, two years ago, saying it again...

Oct 24, 2015, 5:05 PM

I would not trade him for any coach, on any level, in any sport in nation, period, end of story. Passion, fire, character, demands focus and character and effort from players.....he will retire the best coach in Clemson history in any sport.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said 'character twice.'

Oct 25, 2015, 4:08 AM

I understand why, you hit the nail right on the head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, but you left out one thing he demonstrated today.

Oct 24, 2015, 5:19 PM

Discipline. From his suspension of Cain to his halftime speech. You will uphold Clemson's honor or suffer the consequences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Spot on......uncompromizing discipline, period.

Oct 24, 2015, 5:22 PM

Accountability to team, youself, school....talk about major life lessons there. The guy just GETS it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand why most Tnetters didn't think Dabo could...

Oct 25, 2015, 4:05 AM

handle the job. Some hadn't seen a Clemson coach that could handle the job because they weren't around when Danny had it. The rest of them are just too freaking old to remember what Danny looked like thirty years ago.

Some of us just liked Dabo's passion and were sick of guys like Hatfield and Bowden who just didn't care about Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, give Tommy Bowden

Oct 25, 2015, 2:51 PM

some credit. He could have played it close to the vest, been bitter about getting fired, told them to take a long walk on a short pier but he didn't. He recommended Dabo because he saw what we all see now. Even with all of Dabo's short-comings at that stage, he supported and encouraged giving him a shot. I don't think Dabo gets an interview without Bowden's comments.

I think TDP wanted to go cheap with his hire (due to his idiotic contract with Bowden) but it sure worked out for Clemson!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also, give Tommy Bowden

Oct 26, 2015, 7:56 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head with the last part of your post. If not for the huge buyout in Bowden's contract, I don't think Dabo would have been hired, even with the 4-2 interim record. TDP knew he could get him "on the cheap", and hope for the best. I would wager he never had any hopes of it working out as well as it has! Whatever the circumstances were, thank God we wound up with Dabo as our coach. Although, when we do lose our next game (hopefully three or four years from now), there will still be some vultures waiting to pounce.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 5,095
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic