Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo, Chad, Brent and Jeff Scott on a Boat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,950

Dabo, Chad, Brent and Jeff Scott on a Boat

Nov 20, 2014, 4:58 PM

You are Athletic Director for your own team. You get to build it from scratch. You are tasked with filling the following 3 roles (one is admittedly easy).

Head Coach
Offensive Coordinator
Defensive Coordinator

You can only keep 3 of the above and the 4th guy has to walk.

Who do you throw off the boat?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Myself***

Nov 20, 2014, 4:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prob the best response.

Nov 20, 2014, 5:02 PM

The OP was designed to bring reproach on one of our coaches. It's a game I won't play either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not my intent at all

Nov 20, 2014, 5:08 PM

I framed the post to offer anyone that cared to read it an overly simplistic method of evaluation. Say I had said that Nick Saban, Bob Stoops and Gus Malzahn (all fantastic coaches) were on the boat - but you could only pick one - would that mean I was "attempting to bring reproach" on the 2 that were not selected?

yada...yada...yada***

Nov 20, 2014, 5:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're supposing your 'boat,' is a coaching staff and...

Nov 20, 2014, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Not my intent at all ]

Nick is the HC, Bob is the DC and Gus is the OC?

I'd keep Nick and fire the other two. Neither are suitable, IMO. to be coordinators.

That's not the case with Dabo, Chad, Brent and Jeff. Each is doing very well in their positions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're going to change anything it should be Dabo.

Nov 20, 2014, 5:00 PM

Any credit goes to Dabo along with any blame. If you want to keep your system you get rid of Scott.

IMO, I'd promote Scott to a position paying just as much, doing the same thing and tell everyone I'd fired him.

I keep Dabo and Scott, who are building a recruiting program

Nov 20, 2014, 5:10 PM

Have built it, actually. Miles ahead of where we have been in an awfully long time. Experience shows that if we change that, hoping that the next guy can keep it up, we will probably be wrong.

I wouldn't want to choose between the other two. Will let you do that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I have BV be my head coach

Nov 20, 2014, 5:35 PM

Jeff Scott be my OC and hire a new DC?

Re: Dabo, Chad, Brent and Jeff Scott on a Boat

Nov 20, 2014, 6:08 PM

I thought they were on a plane earlier. Now you're telling me they're on a boat. I can't keep up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,950
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic