Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Da one is under attack because he lives what he believes!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Da one is under attack because he lives what he believes!

May 23, 2015, 4:55 PM

We need more men in leadership positions like Dabo who have character and are willing to take a stand for their Christian beliefs. Many of us have stood by while minority groups continue to push their beliefs on us but the minute we push back they cry foul. I think it is time Christians started to assert their beliefs as publicly as those for gay rights, and other liberal morally corrupt positions. I applaud Dabo for the way he lives his life and his willingness to stand up for his beliefs.

I for one are tired of the parades and marches for same sex marriage. Do you see parades and marches from opposite sex couples. I doubt it will ever happen so why do the LGBT organizations have to flaunt their way of life in the public eye constantly protesting anyone opposing their views and way of life.

Stay the course Dabo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is under attack. My grammar for above post needs work.

May 23, 2015, 5:17 PM

But I still believe our moral compass is way off. But thinks to Dabo many lives will be changed for the better. And I do not apologize for my stand against same sex marriage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody is denying your right to be a bigot.

May 23, 2015, 7:29 PM

Everyone has that right. Just don't codify that bigotry into the law.

The Constitution ensures equal protection under the law.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually, there are many that want to deny one's right to be

May 23, 2015, 10:53 PM

a bigot. People are losing their jobs and being sued over it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: actually, there are many that want to deny one's right to be

May 23, 2015, 11:07 PM

Please don't use the argument that gay marriage is the same as bi-racial marriage, even within historical context. One is defined as a sin by the Bible (which most conservatives base their convictions on) the other is not. That's not discriminatory or hate speech it's just truth. The argument that Jesus did not condemn it is weak as well, since His moral authority was based of of the fact that He is the Word made flesh (John 1), therefore His whole being and belief system must be understood within the context of all scripture.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds Convinced +***

May 23, 2015, 11:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

huh? was that sermon meant for someone else?***

May 23, 2015, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: actually, there are many that want to deny one's right to be ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: actually, there are many that want to deny one's right to be

May 27, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: actually, there are many that want to deny one's right to be ]

Yeah, folks used scripture to justify slavery...and then the Holocaust...and then ongoing and systemic racial discrimination in this country.

You'll have to defend the half-sane folks for electing not to defer to the scripture on this particular matter.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

just because someone believes that the purpose of

May 23, 2015, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Nobody is denying your right to be a bigot. ]

Marriage is to raise children in a stable and loving environment and that two men or two woman can not naturally crate their own children and therefore have no need to be married, doesn't make them a bigot. (A person who unfairly strongly dislikes other people)

I have no problem with a legal civil union. It is should not be called a marriage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, are you down with banning the following:

May 25, 2015, 11:22 AM

Old people weddings (gross)
Infertile weddings (gross)
People who just don't want to have kids weddings (ewww)

Also, what is the proper number of children? Is just one enough to justify marriage, or do you need to pledge to have 2 or 3?

Re: Nobody is denying your right to be a bigot.

May 25, 2015, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Nobody is denying your right to be a bigot. ]

Hello, Chuckston. How have you been?

I believe that the state should afford marriage privaleges to any two consenting adults. That being said, then did believing that marriage was meant only for heterosexual couples constitute bigotry? The reason I ask is that it seems that your side of the aisle only started declaring this when Barak Obama changed his position on this issue. He, Hillary Clinto and Bill Clinton were never called bigots when they held the older conventional view of marriage. This eems very hypocritical to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another straw man argument to obfuscate.

May 26, 2015, 12:16 PM

It's bigotry.

Saying you love someone while denying them equal protection under the law is hypocrisy.

Hope that helps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another straw man argument to obfuscate.

May 27, 2015, 6:58 AM

Maybe so but it very recent history when Obama et al defined marriage as between a man and a woman they were not attacked and called bigots because of it. Why is that? Also, why is it ok for Dems to snick anout Lindsay Graham and call him "light in the loafers"? Does he bash gays? Mind you, I cannot stand the guy or his war buddy McCain but why the gay bashing on him by the left? The same question applies to the treatment of black conservatives.

As you well know, it's Republicans that are concerned

May 27, 2015, 5:11 PM

about what they think his sexual preference is. Democrats don't care. (Remember the original topic you are obfuscating?) We think it's a funny predicament, given the homophobic nature of the GOP.

Re: Da one is under attack because he lives what he believes!

May 23, 2015, 5:43 PM

Dabo is under attack from one person,Democrat Todd Rutherford.
Dabo is only receiving an award,no speech.Ray tanner has had
the same reception from the group in recent years...so has
another prominent coot booster.Dabo has already expressed
his views on same sex marriage.Rutherford said a State
employee shouldn't express their view.What!!! Fuc# you
Todd Rutherford.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nobody is under attack

May 23, 2015, 7:38 PM

he has his name in the news because the supreme court is hearing the same sex marriage case this week, and a politician wanted to get his name in print. That is about it. You guys are acting like Lucifer himself swung down and carried the guy off. I doubt Dabo even knows, or cares.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the great lucifer works in mysterious ways...

May 23, 2015, 9:12 PM

deflate-gate was probably some of his handy work.

Re: the great lucifer works in mysterious ways...

May 23, 2015, 9:13 PM

So you will go on record as stating that even GOD hates the Patriots ?

DB23

i said nothing of the sort...***

May 23, 2015, 9:15 PM

Re: i said nothing of the sort...***

May 23, 2015, 9:16 PM

My apologies. I was plainly mistaken .

DB23

that's ok, i'm here to break all ties...

May 23, 2015, 9:17 PM

and to help.

Re: that's ok, i'm here to break all ties...

May 23, 2015, 9:20 PM

you're doing a bang up job

i know...

May 23, 2015, 9:24 PM

it's a curse.

Re: i know...

May 23, 2015, 9:44 PM

I can understand why tq79 keeps loosing his marbles.

go on...

May 23, 2015, 9:46 PM

i'm listening.

Re: go on...

May 23, 2015, 9:47 PM

Bob told me it is because you are so mean to him.

haha, that's an untruth. i don't make people look stoopid...

May 23, 2015, 9:52 PM

i only point out how they make themselves look so.

Re: haha, that's an untruth. i don't make people look stoopid...

May 23, 2015, 9:57 PM

maybe he should not take himself so seriusly, I know I don't.

bob? yeah, he's a real hard case...

May 23, 2015, 10:02 PM

;)

Re: bob? yeah, he's a real hard case...

May 23, 2015, 10:11 PM

how would you know this, have you checked?

i've not asked bob

May 23, 2015, 10:14 PM

to turn his head then cough if that's what you're getting at, but the year is young and i'm a patient man.

Re: i've not asked bob

May 23, 2015, 10:26 PM

I have a stool you two can borrow.

bob may need a leg up...

May 23, 2015, 10:46 PM

cents it's your stool, i'd be remiss if i did knot offer you right of 1st refusals.

Jack Legget

May 23, 2015, 9:28 PM [ in reply to the great lucifer works in mysterious ways... ]

Example #2

Re: Jack Legget

May 23, 2015, 9:33 PM

dropping a "t" has bifurcated tail written all over it...

and jack is one of god's children or so the story goes.

Should never have dropped that T

May 23, 2015, 9:34 PM

Satan is pleased.

maybe? not in an area of concern...***

May 23, 2015, 9:40 PM

May 23, 2015, 7:45 PM

+1 great post!

May 23, 2015, 8:26 PM

So Dabo should not speak his opinion based off the moral compass he has through a relationship with Christ, and the Bible as his guide because he's a state employee, but politicians can speak their minds all they want with the protection of free speech. Oh the hypocrisy.

That is exactly what many believe because he has a different

May 23, 2015, 9:45 PM

opinion. But his opinion is with the majority of the people. Dabo has the right to speak his mind based on freedom of speech. Something the opposition uses quiet well to force their opinions on others who disagree with them.

May 23, 2015, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Da one is under attack because he lives what he believes! ]

So Dabo should not speak his opinion based off the moral compass he has through a relationship with Christ, and the Bible as his guide because he's a state employee, but politicians can speak their minds all they want with the protection of free speech. Oh the hypocrisy.

May 23, 2015, 8:45 PM

No ribs or fried shrimp ? No fried pork chops or shrimp etouffe ? Shrimp and grits ? Pulled pork platter ?

Oh he// no, you done loss yo dang mind.

DB23

May 23, 2015, 8:50 PM

Dabo is the coach of a college football team , his business is football and his student athletes . Politicians are paid to squabble over such things as religious encroachments on human rights issues that affect constitutional laws , and that is what they are paid for . See the difference ?

DB23

IMO it is as much Dabo's right and responsibility as it is

May 23, 2015, 10:03 PM

mine and every other person to express opinions and let our politicians know that the majority still rules. We are controlled by to many miniority groups (not people of color) but groups with their opinions and own agenda regardless of what the majority of the people want. I applaud Dabo for his stance because he could affect recruiting or even his success as a football coach. He has chosen to put God first in his life, then his family and maybe Clemson football is 3rd. And he is trying to send kids out in to the real world with morals, values and character. Despite all of the criticism he deals with about his personal life and his professional life.

Re: IMO it is as much Dabo's right and responsibility as it is

May 23, 2015, 10:34 PM

Hate to break the news to you, brah, but Right wing Evangelicals are no longer the majority.

but I am positive people with good morals and character are!***

May 23, 2015, 10:37 PM

May 23, 2015, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: IMO it is as much Dabo's right and responsibility as it is ]

And it's not even close . You would think that after they failed in the last 2 Presidential elections that it would dawn on them .

DB23

May 23, 2015, 10:40 PM

Good morals and character depend on a person's upbringing , education and how they execute their personal choices.
It does not , nor has it ever been decided by what their political or spiritual views are .

DB23

I guess you don't eat pork or shrimp....

May 23, 2015, 8:23 PM

since you claim to be a Christian, and in the Bible it states that is against God's commandments to eat pork or shellfish. And Jesus definitely didn't eat pork or shrimp, being a devout Jew.

Please read the 10th Chapter of the Book of Acts.

May 23, 2015, 8:52 PM

It should clear up some of your confusion.

Re: Please read the 10th Chapter of the Book of Acts.

May 23, 2015, 9:26 PM

You read the Bible do ya, Karl?

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

This post made me cringe.

May 23, 2015, 10:49 PM

I can tell you're clearly offended by same-sex marriage. I've got a perfect way to solve this for you. Don't get gay married! Done! Problem solved.

I understand that you are going to believe what you believe, but if you are really going to tear down gay people for fighting for their right to get married to someone they love, then thats a problem. I don't care what your beliefs are. Marriage should be a basic right for every human being, whether he is gay, straight, bisexual, black, white, mixed race, transgender, etc.

And your comment about LGBTQ parades was laughable. They have parades to raise awareness, to push their cause. Similar to the MLK Jr's March through DC.

I don't care if you are against gay marriage, how about have a little decency, and let them do what THEY want to do though. You may be against mixed race marriages, are you going to tell them they can't get married? These people are fighting for a cause that will make them happy and benefit their lives and will have absolutely no effect on you whatsoever, so why are you worked up about it? Let it go.

null

Re: This post made me cringe.

May 24, 2015, 8:03 AM

Your post makes me cringe.

LGBT parades = civil rights parades?

That there is some real stupidity.

Re: This post made me cringe.

May 24, 2015, 12:34 PM

civil rights : an enforceable right or privilege, which if interfered with by another gives rise to an action for injury. Examples of civil rights are freedom of speech, press, and assembly; the right to vote; freedom from involuntary servitude; and the right to equality in public places.

parade : a public celebration of a special day or event that usually includes many people and groups moving down a street by marching or riding in cars or on special vehicles (called floats)

hth

I liked your first post better

May 24, 2015, 1:07 PM

I thought it brought a certain element of "that hot fire".

haha, me too.

May 24, 2015, 1:26 PM

would just make me one of the same.

Re: haha, me too.

May 24, 2015, 1:34 PM

oh boy the circle yerk has begun between you two. You moving to Ireland together?

No, we can just move to Alabama

May 24, 2015, 1:39 PM

See, your side is losing.

just having a civil debate on dealing with " real stupidity".

May 24, 2015, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: haha, me too. ]

I see that you have backed away from you argument though, probably good because you are outmatched.

Re: just having a civil debate on dealing with " real stupidity".

May 24, 2015, 3:50 PM

Not giving up. The plight of the African American in those days was FAR worse and more heavy of a burden on our Country and Gay rights has ever been. Show me those water fountains with homosexual and heterosexual printed on them around the country. Show me where gays have not been allowed to vote.

To compare what the African American went through compared to Gays is absolutely absurd.

I am not comparing anything, just explaining the definition.

May 24, 2015, 4:00 PM

and you are confusing the term civil rights with civil rights movement of the late 1960's. And FYI, homosexuals have been persecuted by the Protestants in this nation from the day of its founding. Gays have been beaten, lynched and murdered in a country that was adopted under the principle that all people are to be treated equally under our laws. This is why Supreme Court will uphold gay marriage in all 50 states, despite the incoherent ramblings and angry rhetoric of Clarence Thomas and Antoine Scalia. It does not matter if you are black, white, straight, gay, an atheist, or a Nazi Skin head, we are all to be treated the same..
So if it takes the national guard marching into Alabama to uphold this, it will happen. Your opinion on the matter is meaningless, as is mine. It is the principle that is important.

Re: I am not comparing anything, just explaining the definition.

May 24, 2015, 6:33 PM

I was saying that comparing was ridiculous as it is and u told me it wasn't.

Done here. Keeping trolling hard tho Balm.

Did you even bother reading anything I posted on this thread?

May 24, 2015, 6:44 PM

I think the PnR is not the bored for you. Maybe you and crass could get together and play a nice game of who can kick who in the balls the hardest, you two were meant for each other.

I give this comment my

May 24, 2015, 8:58 PM

This is indeed a great country. Like Ireland, we must obey

May 24, 2015, 2:57 PM

the majority in these instances. Another advantage is that you can express your opposite opinion and not suffer any repercussion. I have suffered under two Bushes, a Ford (who pardoned Nixon) and Nixon. I have freely stated my displeasure with all of them. So be it. Keep your opinion, if you like, but do not break any laws and you will be OK. Go Tigers, Go Dabo, Go USA, lets live by the rules.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic