Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

DW4

Nov 28, 2016, 6:33 PM

Been a Clemson fan for 55 years.
A Clemson grad for 39 years.
An IPTAY member for 40 years.
A season ticket holder for 35 years.
We all need to say THANKS for the opportunity to have DW4 represent us, lead our team and go forward to lead a productive life as a Tiger. Yes - it is a team sport - but we cannot overlook what we have all enjoyed for 3 years.
Here is my question.
Would you choose the Natty for Clemson or the Heisman for DW4 and Clemson.
I want both, but if I could choose - I would be most proud to see DW4 get the award.
As a Heisman winner - our recruiting would get even better….and for the rest of my life - we could all point to a real Heisman winner - that represents all that it really should stand for - leadership, integrity, selflessness, commitment to work and to win - whatever is required - and that my friends is what Clemson represents for me also

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4

Nov 28, 2016, 6:34 PM

I would rather have a natty , as I believe deshawn would too...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 6:36 PM

No doubts - agree that is what Watson wants as well. And that is also why he is such a great representative for our University.

Definitely prefer a National Championship,

Nov 28, 2016, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: DW4 ]

but I believe DW4 should have won the Heisman last year AND should win it this year with a good ACC Championship performance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Team Sports - and Champions

Nov 28, 2016, 6:59 PM

Watson is a great player, and I think he DEFINITELY deserved the Heisman last year. He could still do enough to earn it this year. That said...

I think the original question is ridiculous. Individual awards ALWAYS come second. Individual awards do NOT make you a champion in a team sport. Being a champion is the higher goal, and the greatest will seek that FIRST.

Being a champion is more than just winning games, racking up statistics and drawing attention to yourself. I can think of a certain cocaine-snorting tailback who won the Heisman. He wasn't a champion. Deshaun has what it takes to be a champion in every sense of the word. The cokehead Heisman winner never did.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 6:40 PM

Dude you're crazy even DW would rather have the NC

Nov 28, 2016, 6:45 PM

Hands down the Natty bc, as I've said many times since CJ was ignored for a seat at the heisman affair, being heisman appointed earns absolutely no respect from me. It's no more than a media darling award!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately I think RG4 has it. The media will save face.

Nov 28, 2016, 7:02 PM

They threw the entire propaganda machine at him only to watch him crap the bed. The loss to us sealed the deal for him. It's a twisted reality spun by a media giant owned by Disney.

Say what?!

Nov 28, 2016, 7:12 PM

Love your thoughts on DW, couldn't agree more.

But taking the Heisman over the "Natty? C'mon man!

Natty.

Nov 28, 2016, 7:18 PM

The Heisman is a subjective prize. The Natty is an objective accomplishment that is definitively earned.

IMO, DW4 really is the greatest, and I am thankful he chose to be a tiger.

Great post.. thumbs up and welcome!***

Nov 28, 2016, 7:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 28, 2016, 8:21 PM

I appreciate the feedback. Natty it is.
GO TIGERS

National Championship. No question.***

Nov 28, 2016, 8:24 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 8:55 PM

}{#{}

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Great history resume you have there

Nov 28, 2016, 10:17 PM

But you are way off. The Natty is much better for the overall program, recruiting, everything. DW4 is who he is and that will never change, Heisman or no Heisman. The Heisman is really over-hyped and is not even awarded based on its description (which includes "integrity"). Let LJ have his Heisman while we march to the Natty. Sure, it's a great pride award for all of us, and for the individual, but does not do that much for the school and program. Want evidence of this? Take George Rogers and the USC program. Rogers carries it around in the trunk of his car and is a source of pride for himself and his fans, but this has done nothing for the university's football program.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic