Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4 - Spot On
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,364

DW4 - Spot On

Jun 11, 2019, 2:08 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840412-texans-wasting-deshaun-watsons-potential-while-they-play-their-game-of-thrones

Still early in his career, but don't want some great years wasted by terrible front office decisions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4 - Spot On

Jun 11, 2019, 2:17 PM

A couple of initial responses:

1. DW4 IS a superstar. He would have been the NFL MVP as a rookie if he hadn't gotten injured. He was the best QB in the league that year.

2. If Houston can ever field an OL capable of protecting him and keep quality receivers around him, Deshaun will lead that team to a Super Bowl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 2:28 PM

Without question!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 2:35 PM

Texans don't deserve him. The organization is dysfunctional and is ruled with a rod of iron by a mediocre head coach who can do no wrong in ownership's eyes.

Jun 11, 2019, 3:05 PM

You have to wonder if Gruden and company have a fund set aside when rookie contract is up

That was the Panthers playbook as well

Jun 11, 2019, 3:13 PM

Cam newton had decent protection early on but during his prime years they were never cohesive and never good. They also never got him any help at receiver and still haven't. Now he's pretty much done b/c his body is all broken down. It looks like the Texans are doing the same.

Look at the Pats. Great QB, Great Line, Average RB Average WR's most years....how many super bowls?

Re: That was the Panthers playbook as well

Jun 11, 2019, 3:34 PM

Pretty good defenses, special teams and coaches too.

Jun 11, 2019, 5:04 PM

Personally i have yet to be impressed with O'Brien. His play calling at times borders on insanity. For instance when you have one of the weakest offensive lines in the NFL, why call slow developing plays. Heck, Rob Spence could probably give him some tips at this point. At least plays wouldnt be getting Watson leveled every 4th dropback. I feel DW4 is handcuffed in this scheme, and if it had been he who ended up in KC, then so many of the same accolades would have went to him. Not saying Mahommes isnt good, but never once during their college careers would I have traded, nor would i now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,364
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic