Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D.W. 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

D.W. 4

Nov 27, 2020, 7:00 PM

So disappointed when we saw that he knelt at his last game. Have always loved and respected him but I'm totally saddened that I have lost respect for him. The Lord and America gave him all he has today, just thought he would have shown more allegiance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D.W. 4

Nov 27, 2020, 7:07 PM

The Lord gave him the ability, America didnt give him him squat. He is a grown man and can decided what is best for him. He will alwa uth s be a fine young man with a huge heart.

Nov 27, 2020, 7:16 PM

All the good things he does for his community and has done for communities in general throughout his whole life, and you choose the fact that he exerted his opinion on a social issue to lose respect for him?

Seems like a “snowflake” thing to do.

Nov 28, 2020, 8:15 AM

Well said, Werben. Well said.

Nov 27, 2020, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 8:40 PM

Don't rephrase patriotism into a social issue. One is not equal to the other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 9:50 PM

If he doesn't respect his country's flag and why he has rights because of that flag, then I want no part of him. Nothing he does or doesn't do is more important than respect for Old Glory!

Nov 27, 2020, 10:07 PM

We respect the flag and anthem because they are SYMBOLS of our freedoms and rights. He’s exercising the very rights the symbols represent! Speech and protest. We should be thankful we live in a country where you don’t have to pay homage to some dictator or motherland.

I don’t agree with the BLM movement itself, but the idea of losing respect for a man who has shown great character many times because he peacefully protested is ridiculous. He’s not out destroying peoples’ property, he kneeled during our anthem. Get some perspective.

Deshaun Watson Is A Good Dude ---

Nov 27, 2020, 11:16 PM

Matthew Stafford of Detroit also kneeled during the anthem and also is a good dude. Yet some of you went right for Watson. Nobody in this conversation went after Stafford. Watson is Clemson connected...yes but he is his own man....just like Matthew Stafford.... one of the state of Georgia's other favorites.

Stop Attacking D. Watson. He is not banging your precious daughters so look the other way like some of you tend to do anyway.

Nov 28, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: D.W. 4 ]

Agree. And to add to your comments, I suspect DW4 respects the ideals and the country that the flag and anthem represent and that is precisely why he chose to kneel. I suspect he wants to country to continue on its journey of contonually getting better and better. What better way to show respect than to exercise your constitutionally protected right to free speech in order to improve your beloved country?

You know, Kap was originally going to stay seated during the anthem, but a war vet (Afganistan or Iraq, not sure which), advised him to kneel because it would be more respectful. That tells me he wanted to show respect while still protesting. If you disagree with the message, that black people are disproportionately mistreated by the police, then have that debate. Focusing on kneeling during the anthem is just a red herring that turned into an ad hominem.

Nov 27, 2020, 11:26 PM

Here coot coot. Here coot coot cooty coot.

Nobody cares about your opinion***

Nov 28, 2020, 8:53 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic