Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D.Rad: The Board of Trustees said to "Fill the Hill."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

D.Rad: The Board of Trustees said to "Fill the Hill."

Sep 30, 2018, 3:34 PM

It's not happening.
Fix it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D.Rad: The Board of Trustees said to "Fill the Hill."

Sep 30, 2018, 3:36 PM

Blame the Fire Marshall.

DRad isn’t going to break the law because the wine and cheese crowd says so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Sep 30, 2018, 3:41 PM

Then it’s time to put seating there and move some people down from the top that have been there a while

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, put permanent seating on the hill.

Sep 30, 2018, 3:49 PM

If this is going to be an ongoing fire marshal issue, we should just fill in the hill with seats except the part the players run down. I know it’s not ideal, but neither is the current situation there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 2, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: D.Rad: The Board of Trustees said to "Fill the Hill." ]

Maybe we could find out who the fire Marshall is and file about 100,000 complaints against him. It would take a moron to think death valley could catch on fire. I can not stand pencil pushers who throw common sense out the window.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm curious....Is the Hill highly flammable?

Sep 30, 2018, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: D.Rad: The Board of Trustees said to "Fill the Hill." ]

Why not park a fire engine a top the hill...that way they can quickly put out the fire.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've often wondered that too

Sep 30, 2018, 3:54 PM

Re: I've often wondered that too

Sep 30, 2018, 4:07 PM

It’s an egress issue in the event of an emergency. They don’t want people to be trampled.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Sep 30, 2018, 4:15 PM

Because they will be able to exit the stands so quickly...

Surprised they haven't eliminated "meet at the paw"

Sep 30, 2018, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I've often wondered that too ]

A heck of a lot more people there on the field. And, you are in top deck good luck with the egress unless you have a parachute.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I've often wondered that too ]

If there is an emergency, the upper decks will be where the trampling will occur. The hill will be evacuated LONG before the upper decks.

Sep 30, 2018, 4:12 PM [ in reply to I've often wondered that too ]

FIRE the Fire Martial...

Sep 30, 2018, 4:17 PM [ in reply to I've often wondered that too ]

Uhhh, some of our players are pretty dang hot, running down the hill could cause ladies clothing to burst into flame!

I have no idea how a fire could even start in that much...

Oct 2, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to I'm curious....Is the Hill highly flammable? ]

urine and vomit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 30, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: D.Rad: The Board of Trustees said to "Fill the Hill." ]

Let’s fill the extra space with fire extinguishers

Oct 2, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: D.Rad: The Board of Trustees said to "Fill the Hill." ]

once we reach ‘capacity’.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Sep 30, 2018, 3:57 PM

Looked a lot better yesterday than at any time last year. Just saying

Here is a pic of the Hill as the Tigers came running down.

Sep 30, 2018, 4:55 PM

I took this yesterday while sitting in the West end zone. Later in the game (around 2nd quarter) the North side of the Hill filled out more but was never completely full (only about 3/4 full at its max).

Overall grade = slightly better than pathetic...Since the Hill is filled exclusively with students the partial crowd on the North side of the entrance-way right before kickoff was not due to anyone being stuck in traffic. The bottom line is the students need to fix this by showing up in time to get through the gates and be in position for the entrance or the AD needs to open the Hill to everyone so that it is full in time for the Tigers' grand entrance.

What gets me is that we read stories on Tigernet of Students who are not able to get a free ticket to attend football games and yet we have the Hill, which is now exclusively for students, no where near full. This ain't a fire martial problem - it is a combo student participation and athletic department problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what you don't see is the people clogged at the top

Oct 2, 2018, 2:06 PM

of the hill. Security stops flow like 5 mins before kickoff to allow the football players in.

what you also dont see is TDS Which looked 50% full at that time.

lastly what you don't see is that same picture 10 mins later showing the hill and TDS almost full.

saturday was an issue of people waiting till 10 mins before kickoff before they head to their seats

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I get the feeling D.Rad doesn't understand or care what the

Sep 30, 2018, 5:25 PM

problem is.

GO TIGERS

All Drad cares about is ...

Oct 2, 2018, 10:18 AM

money. He could care less if anyone attends, just send in the money.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 9:44 AM

I wonder if making the gates larger, or adding more gates to the top of the hill would help with egress?

Oct 2, 2018, 10:38 AM

Who sits in the stands that were added at the southeast corner? Is it for additional students seats? I always thought those looked out of place, almost like they are outside the stadium looking in.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic