Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DL commits and possibilty. Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

DL commits and possibilty. Question

Jul 2, 2019, 9:30 AM

Breese
Murphy
Burch
Capehart
Tre Williams

How do you predict we utilize all 5 guys for 4 positions? Plus we have so many other studs on campus. Do we just keep rotating guys? I realize we play a lot of guys now. Do you think we see even more rotations. We're going to be really fresh for whoever we play in the playoffs. We really are too deep. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DL commits and possibilty. Question

Jul 2, 2019, 9:36 AM

I’m pretty sure the CBV will taylor the defense to make sure the best 11 players are on the fields so we may play with 5 linemen and 2 LBs if personel calls for it.

I realistically think that we will just rotate a combo of the 5 w/ Tre and Demonte inside, MM and JB outside, then Bresee playing all over the line and scaring the $#!+ out of every QB we face.

Jul 2, 2019, 9:37 AM

The biggest caveat is always "barring injuries". In my opinion, the reason Clemson avoids injuries more than other teams is directly proportionate to our rotating players as much as we do. Being "2 deep" keeps guys healthy and ready to play.

Jul 2, 2019, 9:52 AM

Capehart and Williams will be inside, Burch and Murphy outside, Bresee will probably float a la Wilkins his soph year playing outside on early downs and inside on passing downs.

As far as depth. XT, Williams, Pinckney, Foster, and Rudolph I think will all be gone after 2020. There’s a chance KJ and Mascoll could leave too if they have big years in 19 and 20 but I wouldn’t say that’s likely. Think the 3 DT’s we signed this year not named Davis will all need at least a RS year as they were more developmental.

You’ll likely see a heavy rotation in 20 where we’re playing 12+ guys on the DL

Jul 2, 2019, 10:01 AM

Capehart will probably redshirt. Bresee will bounce between outside and inside depending on the front, and might be able to stand up on occasion. Could see Venables rotating XT and Bresee as stand-up rushers, with XT playing some LB to prep him for his NFL role

XT has been purely a DE, a very athletic DE north of 260 now

Jul 2, 2019, 11:35 AM

where did you read that XT roves to a LB spot or stand up DE to prep for the NFL?

I wouldn't think that any of those 1st year players would come in and immediately challenge a 3rd year XT for immediate playing time at DE. They may good enough to not RS, but push a growing and developing XT into a different role seems highly unlikely...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 10:07 AM

You will hear the sec network saying it wasn't fair because Clemson players aren't tired after out weak schedule, but in reality, it's due to the rotation our coaching staff plays.

We heard it this season with ETN being so fresh at the end of the season.

NFL scouts will notice this too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 10:16 AM

This is why you always hear Clemson does not rebuild, they just reload. Comes from having a bunch of really good players getting snaps for the experience, not just one guy playing the whole season then graduating or something. Then that position has to be rebuilt.

Dabo has always said that if you deserve to play, you will

Jul 2, 2019, 10:40 AM

play. This means, simply, if you put in the work in the weight room, show good results in practice, and most importantly, have the right attitude, you will be given at least limited snaps in games. How much MORE playing time you get then depends on your performance on the field.

That should never have been a novel concept, but at most schools, it does not happen, the coach has too much fear of failure. It took a few years for Dabo to get his plan tweaked, and coaches in place to assure fair evaluations. Now, any player who commits here knows he has a real chance to play. But, they should also know they will be on the sidelines watching others play at times. Getting players who understand the value of this is part of Dabo's recruiting genius, I say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody gets to play just like pee wee!

Jul 2, 2019, 11:34 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has always said that if you deserve to play, you will

Jul 2, 2019, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Dabo has always said that if you deserve to play, you will ]

Thats a pretty good evaluation on Dabo's culture.....

Ha! As Steve Martin said a long time ago,

Jul 2, 2019, 3:07 PM

"Some of us have a way with the English language, and some of us..... not have way." :)

10-1 formation

Jul 2, 2019, 11:31 AM

nm

TWilliams becomes a NG and we show some 5 man fronts

Jul 2, 2019, 11:57 AM

but ultimately, Williams and Capeheart would be a 2-headed monster like William Perry and William Devane were in WP's first year... the only difference on the field will be the number as the results will be the same, much destruction on the center and guards...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TWilliams becomes a NG and we show some 5 man fronts

Jul 2, 2019, 1:49 PM

I'll be curious if they can bulk Capehart up to a 1t. He probably has a better frame for it, and his lateral agility would allow him to be a true 2-gap guy. Williams is a prototype 3t in the Grady Jarrett mold. Bresee can probably play anywhere from 3t to 7t.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic