Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Feb 27, 2020, 4:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve been trying not to look

Feb 27, 2020, 4:25 PM

This isn’t helping

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJIA plummets 1195 in worst single-day point drop in history

Feb 27, 2020, 4:26 PM

Clearly a result of our spring game choice of network

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 4:32 PM

I cents Swoffie's hands are in this somehow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My GF #1 is about to go berserk b/c I might leave her if her portfolio goes lower and she

Feb 27, 2020, 4:41 PM

can’t feed me 3 square meals & a rum/coke each day as I’ve gotten use to the last 11 years. LOL!

Seriously, she is upset since these type of drops take about 4 years to get back up to even.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is tragic news Bill. Good luck finding a new

Feb 27, 2020, 5:03 PM

Sugar momma

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My GF #1 is about to go berserk b/c I might leave her if her portfolio goes lower and she

Feb 27, 2020, 5:35 PM [ in reply to My GF #1 is about to go berserk b/c I might leave her if her portfolio goes lower and she ]

That's not true ... avarage for any of he pandemics has been around 13% drop (we are there) ... and in all instances, except 1, market is up after 6 months.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: DJIA plummets 1195 in worst single-day point drop in history ]

Certainly no politician involved

Feb 28, 2020, 12:12 AM

Oh none I'm sure

Feb 27, 2020, 5:24 PM

I'm sure everyone's is hurting. If you had a lot of spare money, now is the time to buy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 5:32 PM

I bet the markets are on the weaker side for the next year or more. This virus is really going to mess with earnings reports over the next year or so. It will mess up supply chains and consumer spending. I hope I am wrong of course.

Virus LOL

Feb 27, 2020, 5:51 PM

Re: Virus LOL

Feb 27, 2020, 5:54 PM

Only took a trillion of potential value out of the market thus far. No big whoop.

Not so fast, my friend

Feb 27, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: DJIA plummets 1195 in worst single-day point drop in history ]

There’s still plenty of downside movement potentially left in this fearful market. I’d rather wait til mid March and see if the bottom holds even if I miss a little of the bounce before dipping back in. Remember the axiom:
“Bears make money & Bulls make money....but Pigs get slaughtered.”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: DJIA plummets 1195 in worst single-day point drop in history ]

NOW is definitely NOT the time to buy. The market runs on earnings and we haven't even seen the totality of the corporate earnings downgrades that are coming in Q2 and Q3. There will be a good time to get back in but the earliest will most likely be after the election and maybe not until 2021 depending on whether or not we roll right into a short recession.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: DJIA plummets 1195 in worst single-day point drop in history ]

I’m going to wait until I see signs it’s going up. The best one to invest in is that new medicine for the the coronavirus being made and texted in Nebraska on the 60 us patients.Its working well so far but the are still trying to perfect it.

The price is rising but it’s going to soar very soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

B.T.F.D.

Feb 27, 2020, 5:45 PM

Buy The Fu*%^ng Dips.

Buy low. Sell high.

When stocks drop, all I do is buy, buy, buy.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: B.T.F.D.

Feb 27, 2020, 11:56 PM

Exactly right! Pay your Tithes and trust God to bless you with wise decisions in the market. I’m so grateful for how he’s blessed me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: B.T.F.D.

Feb 28, 2020, 12:14 AM [ in reply to B.T.F.D. ]

I agree with you. Time to buy!

Feb 27, 2020, 6:07 PM

I started a rollover on Friday. Feeling' grrrreat!

Feb 27, 2020, 6:40 PM

i'm still up a bit, but I've lost roughly 5000 in paper gains over four days. So, not great.

Feb 27, 2020, 6:54 PM

Not good for my stock value but the dividends are paying the same (at least for now). Tomorrow through next few days should be a good time to buy.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a good time to buy while all these chicken

Feb 27, 2020, 9:38 PM

little's screaming the sky is falling. Isn't that what the "experts" always say - buy low sell high?

Good grief folks - the hysteria being generated about a virus that his infected some 85k people out of the 7 Billion(+) on the planet is a bit overdone. Worldwide (and especially in the USA), there is a much greater danger of catching and dying from the flu than the Coronavirus. Just this past year the USA has had over 200k cases of the flu that resulted in 30k deaths - why ain't the market freaking out about that?

Should the USA be concerned? Absolutely - take common sense precautions to contain this stuff, but there is absolutely no reason to panic.

Unfortunately, partisan politicians and their news media lemmings have decided to stoke the Coronavirus fears with the immediate goal of hurting the US economy in the futile hopes it will damage President Trump's re-election chances. Just six months ago, these same politicians and media outlets were breathlessly spewing a baseless made up "imminent recession" narrative that created a short term market panic. Funny how all the recession talk disappeared once calmer minds really looked at things and the actual economic numbers proved this to be total BS. What this proves to me is that stock market traders and experts are lot like lemmings too - they see one guy panic and they all start running without even really knowing what they are running from.

Hold your fire folks - the market will recover once the Coronavirus hysteria subsides as people quickly start to realize this thing ain't the second coming of the 1918 Spanish Flu...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like a good time to buy while all these chicken

Feb 27, 2020, 9:59 PM

The politicians aren't a factor for the worldwide sell off. Its going to be due to a lack of earnings for the upcoming year due to it. There is institutional selling and uncertainty.

https://www.ft.com/content/eb6a7d40-4691-11ea-aee2-9ddbdc86190d

Re: Sounds like a good time to buy while all these chicken

Feb 27, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Sounds like a good time to buy while all these chicken ]

little's screaming the sky is falling. Isn't that what the "experts" always say - buy low sell high?

Good grief folks - the hysteria being generated about a virus that his infected some 85k people out of the 7 Billion(+) on the planet is a bit overdone. Worldwide (and especially in the USA), there is a much greater danger of catching and dying from the flu than the Coronavirus. Just this past year the USA has had over 200k cases of the flu that resulted in 30k deaths - why ain't the market freaking out about that?

Should the USA be concerned? Absolutely - take common sense precautions to contain this stuff, but there is absolutely no reason to panic.

Unfortunately, partisan politicians and their news media lemmings have decided to stoke the Coronavirus fears with the immediate goal of hurting the US economy in the futile hopes it will damage President Trump's re-election chances. Just six months ago, these same politicians and media outlets were breathlessly spewing a baseless made up "imminent recession" narrative that created a short term market panic. Funny how all the recession talk disappeared once calmer minds really looked at things and the actual economic numbers proved this to be total BS. What this proves to me is that stock market traders and experts are lot like lemmings too - they see one guy panic and they all start running without even really knowing what they are running from.

Hold your fire folks - the market will recover once the Coronavirus hysteria subsides as people quickly start to realize this thing ain't the second coming of the 1918 Spanish Flu...

Says the guy with the Choking Chicken as his avatar. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looks like that "choking chicken" stands for something more

Feb 28, 2020, 7:32 AM

important, like a BALD EAGLE representing his time in the armed forces!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 9:39 PM

Sold 80% of the holdings in my self directed IRA 2 months ago. Seemed “toppy” to me. Loving having cash when the elevator drops.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 10:00 PM

No worries Salty -- putting another $300K in Monday. Bur running out of Monopoly money!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 10:02 PM

Made a lot of money in stock market now is the time to start buying .

Mine is good and safe, buried in my backyard in mayonaise

Feb 27, 2020, 11:05 PM

jars... maybe I shouldn't have told you that.

Re: Mine is good and safe, buried in my backyard in mayonaise

Feb 27, 2020, 11:24 PM

Glass or petroleum-based plastic?

Plastic is more durable but worse for the environment, you know.

Re: Mine is good and safe, buried in my backyard in mayonaise

Feb 28, 2020, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Mine is good and safe, buried in my backyard in mayonaise ]

Lucias Clay. Is that you?

Feb 28, 2020, 5:27 AM

Had to move a decimal point last nite .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic