Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJ is not as good as Trevor was when he was a true freshman at this point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

DJ is not as good as Trevor was when he was a true freshman at this point

Sep 19, 2020, 7:42 PM

DJ shows promise. He made some really good passes. But he is not as good as Trevor was as a true freshman. I realize he was playing with back up offensive lineman much of the game. But I don’t feel great about next year frankly, because my opinion is he is not as good as Trevor. He’s good, but I just don’t see him as good as Trevor was at the same point as a true freshman..

I do feel incredibly great about the defense for the next few years. Maybe the D will be good enough that we can still win with DJ next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJ is not as good as Trevor was when he was a true freshman at this point

Sep 19, 2020, 7:49 PM

Six years of having once in a generation QBs at the helm will do that. We’re dang lucky to have had DW and TL back to back like this.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2020, 7:50 PM

How on earth can you make that comparison? TL was working with the first team offense, competing for the starting job. DJU has the Swinney brothers at WR and a very you OL

Sep 19, 2020, 10:08 PM

Not to mention he didn’t get to go through spring practice; everything has been completely screwed up due to COVID.

The original post is coming from a troll account, so don’t look into it too much.

Sep 19, 2020, 7:51 PM

Ughhhh...why even post this...I'm so looking forward to DJ starting next year. I think he will be great

his 59% pulse tells you what he would post this

Sep 19, 2020, 7:54 PM

8 for 11 and 2 rushing TDs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2020, 7:51 PM

Sep 19, 2020, 8:00 PM

Just a gut feeling. I realize I may be totally wrong. I think he’s really really good. But if Trevor let’s say gets hurt in the next few weeks I can’t envision DJ having a game like Trevor had against Alabama as a true freshman. I’m hope I’m wrong. Just my gut feeling. I realize Trevor is a hard bar to judge him against. I think DJ is really good, I’m just not sure he’s as good as Trevor was after 2 games.

Sep 19, 2020, 8:23 PM

Sep 19, 2020, 7:57 PM

So now people are complaining that DJ isn't as good as the only true freshman qb in 35 years to win a national championship?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

the one 35 years ago went 24 for 58

Sep 19, 2020, 8:01 PM

the entire year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. I know we are spoiled

Sep 19, 2020, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: DJ is not as good as Trevor was when he was a true freshman at this point ]

But it’s only natural to compare him to Trevor. I hope I’m wrong believe me, but I just don’t think he’s quite as good as Trevor. But we shall see

Re: Good point. I know we are spoiled

Sep 20, 2020, 9:03 AM

You Are wrong so you can relax.

Re: only natural to compare him to Trevor

Sep 20, 2020, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Good point. I know we are spoiled ]

It will be fun to see if DJ will be comparable to Trevor vs Bama when he's had some experience. I'd also be happy if he's as good as Brice vs Syracuse, or Cole vs Oklahoma.

What the #### do you know about football?***

Sep 19, 2020, 8:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: What the #### do you know about football?***

Sep 19, 2020, 8:17 PM

I’m just a fan dude. But this is an opinion board. Just giving you my opinion. Don’t get me wrong. I think he’s great, I just don’t think he’s quite as good as Trevor. I hope I’m wrong though.

Re: What the #### do you know about football?***

Sep 20, 2020, 9:39 AM

@opants - feel sorry for you. You got slaughtered by this board.
I felt similarly. I hope we both are wrong.
I think Dabo did not want to score but was using it as practice time. For example Ajou had the most balls thrown to and dropped, but they did not stop. I the H2 was about route running and pattern recognition. We are so spoiled by TL. Also TL followed Bryant and that was an easy benchmark and CU fans wanted a Watson 2.0 desperately and TL with his long hair looked like Jesus to us :)

Sep 19, 2020, 8:45 PM

What a silly opening post. We are only two games into the season.

Have you ever heard of COVID??? DJ hasn't had nearly the opportunity Trevor did in 2018 to practice (formally and informally). There is no comparison at all. His development has obviously been hindered. But it doesn't matter since DJ isn't being groomed to take over this year.

All things considered, I'm happy with DJ and feel great about next year.

Yes I’ve heard of Covid

Sep 19, 2020, 9:37 PM

And citadel has dealt with it as well. In fact they’ve had a crazy number of people that have opted out and Clemson hasn’t.

It was just disappointing to me that even with the Sweeneys on the field I felt like Clemsons back up offense should’ve scored against citadel. I know I’m nitpicking.

Criticizing DJ at this point I realize is certainly at least somewhat unfair. It’s like a 9 -card stud poker game and only one or two cards have been shown. I really like the kid and I think it’s going to be great. But it’s just fun as Fans to express your opinion as to how you feel at this point.

I’m just not quite as impressed with him as I was with Trevor at the same point. Yes, I get it with no spring practice and Covid. But the same thing applies to citadel and their defense.

But I can’t tell you how much I hope I’m wrong. It will be interesting to see how things unfold with DJ.

Sep 19, 2020, 8:51 PM

I disagree. I’m not saying he is better, but it’s just not the OL. For most of his time out there he is trying to complete passes to Will Swinney and Wil Brown. Trevor had Justyn Ross and Tee Higgins. You just can’t compare. I feel great about DJ starting next year after Trevor leaves.

apples and oranges

Sep 19, 2020, 9:32 PM

dj didnt have a summer or spring to work out..trevor did

Debatable. But what's not debatable is that he's already

Sep 19, 2020, 9:41 PM

better than your last four all together.

Uhm, 2 things! TLaw didn't take over til 4th game

Sep 19, 2020, 11:56 PM

So you didn't see him start the season so likely could be sketchy starts. But then if you recall, our first 4 games last year, TLaw looked like a parcel of his former playoff self. Took him 5-6 gms to start lighting up the planet. Don't jump off wall yet!

What an idiotic post. TL took the first team reps in

Sep 20, 2020, 1:38 AM

Practice when he was a freshman. DJ is 2nd team.

Not a fair comparison. You know very little about the development of the QB position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does "not feeling good about next year"

Sep 20, 2020, 9:48 AM

even mean at this point? Like we might actually lose a regular season game, win the ACC again at 12-1, and then lose in the semis? Lord forbid. That would just be an awful season.

You coots would take out a second mortgage to have DJU

Sep 20, 2020, 9:59 AM

He’s your new daddy. Get used to it

Re: You coots would take out a second mortgage to have DJU

Sep 20, 2020, 10:17 AM

Muschamp would move him to TE or LB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its insight like this that keeps me coming back to Tigernet***

Sep 20, 2020, 11:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 20, 2020, 11:54 AM

Trevor is a generational talent. DJ will be great next year too, but no need to expect him to be as good as TL. I bet he leaves a top 3 or 4 Clemson qb of all time though.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic